Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ones that keep her warm

As opposed to all the other thoroughly researched speculation on this thread...

Well, what did you expect on a thread about LON?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ones that keep her warm

Orla Kiely or Cath Kitson I'd say.

Definitely not any by Paul Costello, Matthew Williamson, John Rocha or Jasper Conran.

Coz she don't need no man in her leaba!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

razorblunt wrote: »
    Orla Kiely or Cath Kitson I'd say.

Definitely not any by Paul Costello, Matthew Williamson, John Rocha or Jasper Conran.

Coz she don't need no man in her leaba!

I don't know....but I'd bet they're cleaner than Paddy Jackon's :P

(I'll get me coat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I wonder what kind of car she drives.

Gotta be a Mini or Qashqai

EDIT:

CQD got there first [caffeine's not kicked in yet]
    Aww...that's a good one..

Daddy's gonna buy her a mini Cooper for her 35th birthday I'd say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I have a feeling she doesn't drive.

If and when she learns it will be a female driving instructor only.

Afterall, she only reads books written by women. I kid you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

py2006 wrote: »

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Gravelly wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yea, I remember reading her tweet about it.

Yea, I remember reading her tweet about it.

That's sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Having a laugh in the pool today on holidays with the missus and we were in fits of laughter about "kicks in the gee" actually felt refreshing giving the current climate... Anyone else missus good fun here?

My husband sometimes jokes that he’s going to knee me in the flaps or goes for the great Phil Leotardo line from the Sopranos and says he’ll shove a discman up my box. We both also love Uncle June’s utterance when he falls in the shower: “Sister’s cunt!”. We are of course just joking but we both think it’s childishly hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Aww...that's a good one..

Daddy's gonna buy her a mini Cooper for her 35th birthday I'd say..[/qu.

Drive a car called after JOHN Cooper, never gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm sure her sheets are made of leather cured from foreskins removed from infants and the discarded testicles of her male follwers...

I don't believe she does, my comment about her mother driving her wasn't a jibe, that's the lay of the land apparently.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't believe she does, my comment about her mother driving her wasn't a jibe, that's the lay of the land apparently.

Maybe she refuses to drive any vehicle that was engineered by males, which would effectively mean she couldn't drive at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She doesn't own a bed or sheets. She doesn't sleep.
    She cryogenic-ally freezes herself for a 6.78 hour period each night.

Maybe she refuses to drive any vehicle that was engineered by males, which would effectively mean she couldn't drive at all.

It was going grand until the lessons, too much "mansplaining" I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭jiltloop

_Dara_ wrote: »
    My husband sometimes jokes that he’s going to knee me in the flaps or goes for the great Phil Leotardo line from the Sopranos and says he’ll shove a discman up my box. We both also love Uncle June’s utterance when he falls in the shower: “Sister’s cunt!”. We are of course just joking but we both think it’s childishly hilarious.

Love Uncle June's cúnt utterances! (really want to join those 2 words together.. cunterrances maybe?). Comedy gold! :D

Louise to appear at the Cat Laughs (no joke!). I think its fantastic that this talented comedian and storyteller is getting the recognition she deserves.

http://thecatlaughs.com/act/louise-oneill/

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Seriously?
    That's sad.

Her loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Louise to appear at the Cat Laughs (no joke!). I think its fantastic that this talented comedian and storyteller is getting the recognition she deserves.

http://thecatlaughs.com/act/louise-oneill/

With that idiot Blindboy, on his podcast...

Oh God, I can feel my brain exploding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With that idiot Blindboy, on his podcast...

Oh God, I can feel my brain exploding.

He’s woke. He said young men in Ireland need feminism. Who are we to disagree with the author of such important pieces of Irish music such as “Horse Outside” and “I Wanna Fight Your Father”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Blind Boy is pretty intelligent and often has something interesting to say, an intellectual giant compared to LO'N anyway.
    Can't wait to pick up the Examiner, bet this week's column will be about how unfair something is. Research won't be allowed get in the way and make it boring either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Omackeral wrote: »
    He’s woke. He said young men in Ireland need feminism. Who are we to disagree with the author of such important pieces of Irish music such as “Horse Outside” and “I Wanna Fight Your Father”?

Following the recent rape trial, let's hope their discussion on (presumably) feminism will touch on how to eradicate "lad culture", objectification of women, and misogynistic terminology.

Meanwhile, before Blindboy sold out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Blind Boy is pretty intelligent and often has something interesting to say, an intellectual giant compared to LO'N anyway.
    Can't wait to pick up the Examiner, bet this week's column will be about how unfair something is. Research won't be allowed get in the way and make it boring either.

This weeks column is about how irritating is is when she’s handing out Repeal leaflets and some people don’t want to take them off her.
    I mean, here she is a bona fide living legend, got outta bed to stand on the street like a regular person handing out leaflets and not only will people not queue to get one autographed and maybe a selfie, they are actually crossing the road to avoid her.
    Irish people. They just don’t know when they have it made....

Omackeral wrote: »

Wonder will he ask her for a finger and a shift?

splinter65 wrote: »
    This weeks column is about how irritating is is when she’s handing out Repeal leaflets and some people don’t want to take them off her.
    I mean, here she is a bona fide living legend, got outta bed to stand on the street like a regular person handing out leaflets and not only will people not queue to get one autographed and maybe a selfie, they are actually crossing the road to avoid her.
    Irish people. They just don’t know when they have it made....

Imagine the cheek of these people to potentially have a different opinion to Saint Lou and that they may have better things to do with their time then to be preached to by a virtue signalling cow??!!

Oh for shame! No doubt the idiot will continue to pat herself on the back for a fine job in handing out leaflets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

I will never take a man who wears a plastic bag on his head seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Imagine the cheek of these people to potentially have a different opinion to Saint Lou and that they may have better things to do with their time then to be preached to by a virtue signalling cow??!!

Oh for shame! No doubt the idiot will continue to pat herself on the back for a fine job in handing out leaflets

Meanwhile a number of Gaa figures have come out calling for a No vote.

Wonder if she'll pull the 'white privilege', 'internalised misogyny' (a few women in the group) etc claims.

Wonder what will happen if a No vote passes-will she be frothing at the mouth, unable to get out of bed, wondering if her grandfather would have voted 'No'?
    Heaven for-fend some people might have an opposing view to hers...

I wouldn't necessarily think so..I'd put them in the same bracket really..pseudo-intellectual reactionary ideologues..LON is more aware/upfront about hers though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I will never take a man who wears a plastic bag on his head seriously.

I tend not to take a man seriously if he's wearing matching dark trousers and jacket, accompanied by a shirt with a strip of material around the collar, tied in a knot at the front with the ends hanging down. Because there's a cunt who wants to be taken seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement