Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Omackeral wrote: »
    He’s woke. He said young men in Ireland need feminism.

this still being thrown around? No-one needs whatever-wave feminism we're on now, but if you actually read what he said, he has a bit of a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

py2006 wrote: »
    Yea, I remember reading her tweet about it.

I think it was only women from minority’s groups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I tend not to take a man seriously if he's wearing matching dark trousers and jacket, accompanied by a shirt with a strip of material around the collar, tied in a knot at the front with the ends hanging down. Because there's a cunt who wants to be taken seriously.

What? Johnny Connors, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I will never take a man who wears a plastic bag on his head seriously.

I tend not to take a man seriously if he's wearing matching dark trousers and jacket, accompanied by a shirt with a strip of material around the collar, tied in a knot at the front with the ends hanging down. Because there's a cunt who wants to be taken seriously.
    What in the name of God are you slavering about?

So your arguement here is that the wearing of a suit and tie is just as ridiculous as the wearing of a plastic bag over one's head?

....actually, whilst you're still really, really, really wrong, it is one of your more sensible comments on this thread.

it is one of your more sensible comments on this thread.

haha...BURN!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What in the name of God are you slavering about?

So your arguement here is that the wearing of a suit and tie is just as ridiculous as the wearing of a plastic bag over one's head?

....actually, whilst you're still really, really, really wrong, it is one of your more sensible comments on this thread.

My arguement (sic) is that the more someone wants to be taken seriously, the less seriously they should be taken.

And yes, like all my comments on this thread, it is a very sensible comment, and should be taken very seriously indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I think it was only women from minority’s groups

She considers women a minority group. Its the LGBT community and women against the tyranny that is the straight, white man.

Double post. Sorry.

My arguement (sic) is that the more someone wants to be taken seriously, the less seriously they should be taken.

And yes, like all my comments on this thread, it is a very sensible comment, and should be taken very seriously indeed.
    Your quote in full....
    Thousands of ordinary, hard-working, decent people dress like that everyday. They all deserve to expect respect and to be taken seriously.

All you did was attempt, rather clumsily, to defend some idiots right to wear a plastic bag over his head to those same people.

Your man also has a right to disguise his identity (who would blame him given the sh1te he spews) - even in the ridiculous fashion of wearing a plastic bag on his head - but that married to his stupid "woke" views makes him a joke to most sensible people.

Oh, and thank you for illustrating my earlier, completely irrelevant, spelling mistake. That really made your farcical post all the more valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'm sure her sheets are made of leather cured from foreskins removed from infants and the discarded testicles of her male follwers...
    Best comment yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Meanwhile a number of Gaa figures have come out calling for a No vote.

Wonder if she'll pull the 'white privilege', 'internalised misogyny' (a few women in the group) etc claims.

Wonder what will happen if a No vote passes-will she be frothing at the mouth, unable to get out of bed, wondering if her grandfather would have voted 'No'?
    Heaven for-fend some people might have an opposing view to hers...

I'd almost like to see a no vote just to hear her reaction. It'd be priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I'd almost like to see a no vote just to hear her reaction. It'd be priceless.

Geez don't say that, we don't want to end up in a Brexit situation the day after with thousands of idiots going :
    Well....eh....we didn't think our votes would make a difference? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

wexie wrote: »
    Geez don't say that, we don't want to end up in a Brexit situation the day after with thousands of idiots going :

Thats why I said almost :)

Posts like this make the argument against the toxic nature of modern feminism far easier. In fact, it is almost case closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

py2006 wrote: »
    Posts like this make the argument against the toxic nature of modern feminism far easier. In fact, it is almost case closed.

internalised misandry :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

As you intend your comments to be taken seriously, using your rationale, we should in fact not take them seriously...

OK.

Your quote in full....
    Thousands of ordinary, hard-working, decent people dress like that everyday. They all deserve to expect respect and to be taken seriously.

All you did was attempt, rather clumsily, to defend some idiots right to wear a plastic bag over his head to those same people.

Your man also has a right to disguise his identity (who would blame him given the sh1te he spews) - even in the ridiculous fashion of wearing a plastic bag on his head - but that married to his stupid "woke" views makes him a joke to most sensible people.

Oh, and thank you for illustrating my earlier, completely irrelevant, spelling mistake. That really made your farcical post all the more valid.

Sorry, I can't take your post seriously because I don't know what you were wearing when you posted it. I mean, you could have been wearing a clown costume or a dunce's cap.

As for the spelling error - your welcome. No doubt people will take you're arguments more seriously, now that you've been thought how to spell the word.
    As you intend your comments to be taken seriously, using your rationale, we should in fact not take them seriously...

OK.

I, a serious man, deserve to be taken very seriously indeed.

Your quote in full....

Sorry, I can't take your post seriously because I don't know what you were wearing when you posted it. I mean, you could have been wearing a clown costume or a dunce's cap.

As for the spelling error - your welcome. No doubt people will take you're arguments more seriously, now that you've been thought how to spell the word.

OK.

What drivel YOU'RE spewing. It's impossible not to believe YOUR arguments are just a very simple and childish attempt at humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Uugh

Ah, a parody! I get it now.
    We should henceforth disregard your meanderings as per your instructions.

How dare you suggest that I would behave in anything less than a serious manner in such a serious thread.

• Advertisement

How dare you suggest that I would behave in anything less than a serious manner in such a serious thread.

Are you calling LON a joke?

If you are admitting your posts are serious then you have a lot to consider about yourself.

Following the recent rape trial, let's hope their discussion on (presumably) feminism will touch on how to eradicate "lad culture", objectification of women, and misogynistic terminology.

Meanwhile, before Blindboy sold out..

When and how did blindboy sell out?

Meanwhile a number of Gaa figures have come out calling for a No vote.

Wonder if she'll pull the 'white privilege', 'internalised misogyny' (a few women in the group) etc claims.

Wonder what will happen if a No vote passes-will she be frothing at the mouth, unable to get out of bed, wondering if her grandfather would have voted 'No'?
    Heaven for-fend some people might have an opposing view to hers.

Like all the other lefties, she'll bloat on about democratic rights until she doesnt get her own way and then tantrums will be thrown. A re vote will be called for and the electorate will be demonised and highly castigated

Personally i can see good genuine cases for both sides of the argument so im still on the fence but the good arguments come from reasonable sound minded people and not irrational idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

When and how did blindboy sell out?

At this moment.

At this moment.

How is that selling out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Like all the other lefties, she'll bloat on about democratic rights until she doesnt get her own way and then tantrums will be thrown. A re vote will be called for and the electorate will be demonised and highly castigated

Personally i can see good genuine cases for both sides of the argument so im still on the fence but the good arguments come from reasonable sound minded people and not irrational idiots

Same-you almost get a feeling that she'd get more mileage out of a 'No' vote-Leo V. has said he won't have a second vote, but this is Leo...he's spineless, so he would.

I've been mostly surprised by the reasonable debate-you do have the odd 'Abortion will lead to euthenasia...' person, which is dumb.
    But the rest has been reasonable.

Less crazy than the gay marriage vote-that really brought some loonies out, on both sides.
    I was astounded when I saw on the news how 'Nobody under 50 has had a choice on the matter' in previous elections-has it really been that long since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

How is that selling out?

Have you ever heard of any man saying their mental health issues is caused by not being able to support a woman?

Have you ever heard of any man saying their mental health issues is caused by not being able to support a woman?

You disagree with what he's saying. How is that selling out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Can we just pick a title for this thread and stick with it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement