Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Can we just pick a title for this thread and stick with it?

No, they are all I have to look foward to in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

He has made some great music.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you ever become a mod you can bring in that rule :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ugh don't have time to read whole thread.

Can someone tell me in simple terms who is Louise O'Neill and what's her beef?

The highlights will do.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The highlights will do.

Thanks

Someone who has made a career out of virtue signalling, and has sold loads of books off the back of it.

The highlights will do.

Thanks

She adds two and two, and get 5 all the time. This is the first article that made me aware of her: https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/louise-oneill-i-wonder-if-my-ex-boyfriends-thought-female-sexuality-was-something-to-be-laughed-at-383021.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ah so she is a man hater?

I get it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I get it now.

All but one man-her dad. She doesn't hate him...her grandfather, yes-daddy, no.

And mommy's evil and stopping her from getting the full affections of daddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I get it now.

Only hates white heterosexual males. Basically if you are in that group you are a misogynistic rapist

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

The highlights will do.

Thanks

She's written a few novels, haven't a clue what they're called or what they're about.
    She had an article in the Examiner just after Halloween where she went on a hysterical rant about white kids and adults dressing up as black/Indian people (Michael Jackson, Gandhi etc) for Halloween saying it was racist when in fact it was just for fun with no racial overtones whatsoever.
    Some kid putting a bit of black stuff on their face because he idolises Michael Jackson and wants to look like him for a few hours is hardly racist - in fact if anything it's the opposite!
    Sounds like she's a bit of an attention seeker. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Owryan wrote: »
    Only hates white heterosexual males. Basically if you are in that group you are a misogynistic rapist

But if you are a convicted rapist you can still be "woke"

pjohnson wrote: »
    But if you are a convicted rapist you can still be "woke"

Only if you're a certain skin colour.

Imagine the conflict within her if Larry Murphy became a champion of women's rights.

10/10 for the latest thread title, gotta be careful what you wish for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

The highlights will do.

Thanks

She's a woman with an opinion which is apparently very threatening to about ten guys on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-LLMMLL's thread ban is lifted. Meant to post earlier. Sorry.

Putinbot wrote: »
    Mod-LLMMLL's thread ban is lifted. Meant to post earlier. Sorry.

We noticed ;)

LLMMLL wrote: »
    She's a woman with loads, and loads, and loads of opinions about every single little thing which the horrible white men on boards dare not to agree with, but she will crush them like flies under her all-powerful virtuous fist and wipe the scourge of white western maleness off the face of the earth.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

She's a woman with an opinion which is apparently very threatening to about ten guys on boards.

So Trump is just a man with an opinion on women?

All the angry and offended women just can't handle his opinion??

py2006 wrote: »
    So Trump is just a man with an opinion on women?

All the angry and offended women just can't handle his opinion??

You're proving my point by comparing a not very famous Irish author and columnist with someone who holds a position regularly quoted as "the most powerful on earth".

Some men just can't handle a woman having an opinion.

• Advertisement

Oh for gods sake..

Ban her again..

You're proving my point by comparing a not very famous Irish author and columnist with someone who holds a position regularly quoted as "the most powerful on earth".

What do you make of that article I posted

Don't sell yourself short Louise love, I, for one, think you are as famous as fück.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You're dead right. And some women can't handle the real world feeling persecuted at every waking moment in their self-deluded hysteria.

People huh, crazy as fuck.

Zulu wrote: »
    You're dead right. And some women can't handle the real world feeling persecuted at every waking moment in their self-deluded hysteria.

People huh, crazy as fuck.

Yes those men are crazy.

Oddly enough, considering the types of posts on boards, it's really only this woman's opinion that posters are having regular issues with. Could it be that she makes insulting comments about the male gender and attracts negative attention? Nah. A woman shouldn't be considered responsible for what she says.

But hey! Don't let us stop you from suggesting this is an objection against all women. Feminists seem to need that kind of imaginary solidarity that one woman being criticized for her behavior means all women are being criticized.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gravelly wrote: »
    Don't sell yourself short Louise love, I, for one, think you are as sexy as fück.

FYP :pac:

A woman who just blurts out opinions with no foundation or substance more like

Feminists seem to need that kind of imaginary solidarity that one woman being criticized for her behavior means all women are being criticized.

Unless she's someone like Melania Trump, Taylor Swift, Sarah Palin, Kellyanne Conway, Ann Coulter, Meg Whitman (or closer to home, Breda O'Brien, Katie Ascough) etc. - no problem with those women being criticised because they express the "wrong" kind of opinion.

• Advertisement

Eh no, she is a crazy who has decided that men are rapists and are raising their sons to be the same.

She is unable or, more likely, unwilling to separate the past from the now, or to see that the actions of a few are not representative of all men

She deliberately fuels a certain viewpoint to push her view and keep her name in the headlines.

Just look at her reaction to the Belfast rape case. Everything was wrong with it once the result was announced. Bet she was secretly delighted with it because she was able to use it to her advantage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement