Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Get Herbalife out of this country... it's not wanted here... bring it to Des Moines IA, they'll love it there. :-)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Get Herbalife out of this country... it's not wanted here... bring it to Des Moines IA, they'll love it there. :-)

What is your fascination with Des Moines? It’s about the 6th time you’ve named dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

What is your fascination with Des Moines? It’s about the 6th time you’ve named dropped it.

He's like the guy tells a 'joke', but thinks no one heard it the first time.. so keeps going with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Title suggestion, "Will Louise O Neill visit the holy stone of Clonrichert for inspiration?"
    And will it still be a class two relic after they -ahem- remove it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Louise is featured on p8 if the Indo today!! Sh says her book Asking For It ‘feels more contemporary now, and more important now in some ways’. Maybe I’m being a meanie, but is an artist describing their work as important not a very pompous and self important thing to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Louise is featured on p8 if the Indo today!! Sh says her book Asking For It ‘feels more contemporary now, and more important now in some ways’. Maybe I’m being a meanie, but is an artist describing their work as important not a very pompous and self important thing to do?

It would be for an artist. For a mercenary virtue-signaller, it's just an effort to shift a few more copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭Water John

On with Ciara Kelly on Newstalk today. Did not hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Maybe I’m being a meanie, but is an artist describing their work as important not a very pompous and self important thing to do?

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

She says her book Asking For It ‘feels more contemporary now, and more important now in some ways’.

Translation: "Cough cough... Paddy J & Co are guilty of doing what the lads in my book did".
    Maybe I’m being a meanie, but is an artist describing their work as important not a very pompous and self important thing to do?

Someone named Lucy Kennedy recently called her on that very thing. Told her 'Self praise was no praise'. Touched a nerve as she screencapped it (from Facebook I think) and tweeted it out having a real go at the person. My thinking was that she must have thought it was the Lucy Kennedy, otherwise why make a big thing of it. It wasn't though.

Edit. Here it is:

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/988390819953610752

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

She should call it "Whitmore's Wisconsin Cheese" :-)

• Advertisement

Or Natural Femininity, with no Male Additives.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Easy Singles - because she's easy and single...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

What is with Ireland (probably the world tbf) and the way the media latches onto a few anointed people. Dermot Bannon has some indo artcile about him every single day. Louise is on some sort of news media every single day.
    They find a handful of people and rag the **** out of them before moving on.

The not laughing cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

She's on tv3 with Martin King Muireann o Connell and Sandy Kelly now lads and lassies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

GMSA wrote: »
    She's on tv3 with Martin King Muireann o Connell and Sandy Kelly now lads and lassies

Hopefully she'll femsplain to her critics what is wrong with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

What is with Ireland (probably the world tbf) and the way the media latches onto a few anointed people. Dermot Bannon has some indo artcile about him every single day. Louise is on some sort of news media every single day.
    They find a handful of people and rag the **** out of them before moving on.

The news of the sad death of a kid on Room to Improve was taking the biscuit. I mean, it was sad, yes-but was it 6 O'Clock and 9 O'Clock newsworthy? Just because he was on a show two years ago.

It's not really newsworthy, to be quite honest.
    Ipso wrote: »
    Hopefully she'll femsplain to her critics what is wrong with them.

Possibly, Muireann seems to be going that way too. She was at at least one of the Repeal marches. And maybe one or two of the women's marches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Count Down wrote: »
    Easy Singles - because she's easy and single...:)
    Has she split up with Tubby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

'Emmental from Clonakilty'

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

CouLONmiers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Is she still rolling in the hay with Tubridy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 inter arma

Is that for real?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

inter arma wrote: »
    Is that for real?

There was talk about it a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He-dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

There was talk about it a few pages back.

Ah come off it! Who said that?

Seriously? Jaysus. I always thought he was straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

What should Louise O'Neil call her new range of cheese?

Geeda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The news of the sad death of a kid on Room to Improve was taking the biscuit. I mean, it was sad, yes-but was it 6 O'Clock and 9 O'Clock newsworthy? Just because he was on a show two years ago.

It's not really newsworthy, to be quite honest.

Possibly, Muireann seems to be going that way too. She was at at least one of the Repeal marches. And maybe one or two of the women's marches.

And what of that?

I've no problem with LON being torn apart for her dangerous rhetoric but I've no problem with those marches either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Stop the press, I think our dear LON might have a rival.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/im-going-change-your-nappy-12511101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Can't believe I just read that

Madness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement