Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Birneybau wrote: »
    And what of that?

I've no problem with LON being torn apart for her dangerous rhetoric but I've no problem with those marches either.

I have problem with the #ibelieveher march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,774 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

keano_afc wrote: »
    Stop the press, I think our dear LON might have a rival.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/im-going-change-your-nappy-12511101

Never take advice off an expert with purple/pink hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I have problem with the #ibelieveher march.

People who didn’t attend a trial decided the outcome of said trial was wrong. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never take advice off an expert with purple/pink hair!

I dunno... I remember this lady having pink hair rather frequently and getting some good advice from her back in the mid 90's!
    hqdefault.jpg

Water John wrote: »
    On with Ciara Kelly on Newstalk today. Did not hear it.

The very Ciara Kelly who took to Twitter to relay her near 'rape' experience instead of going to the Gardai. Another attention seeking spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

And what of that?

I've no problem with LON being torn apart for her dangerous rhetoric but I've no problem with those marches either.

To me they were a march of losers-as in 'Hillary didn't win, and we're sore losers' cue vagina hats, vagina costumes, and 'I'm a bisexual, pansexual, queer woman who also identifies as a helicopter and nothing's going to change that'...well of course not, sexuality is biological, nothing's gonna change that...the rest, however....

The 'day without a woman' was also pointless-in that it condescended itsself by saying 'society needs women-so we're not gonna work today, and make men do it'...that's not equality. Plus it essentially implied 'society doesn't need women-cos the world didn't come to a halt' without em.

The repeal marches, for the most part, are civil...but there has been some craziness such as 'men shouldn't have a vote' cos it only affects women-never mind that they had no problem voting for same sex marriage, but that didn't affect em either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

To me they were a march of losers-as in 'Hillary didn't win, and we're sore losers' cue vagina hats, vagina costumes, and 'I'm a bisexual, pansexual, queer woman who also identifies as a helicopter and nothing's going to change that'...well of course not, sexuality is biological, nothing's gonna change that...the rest, however....

The 'day without a woman' was also pointless-in that it condescended itsself by saying 'society needs women-so we're not gonna work today, and make men do it'...that's not equality. Plus it essentially implied 'society doesn't need women-cos the world didn't come to a halt' without em.

The repeal marches, for the most part, are civil...but there has been some craziness such as 'men shouldn't have a vote' cos it only affects women-never mind that they had no problem voting for same sex marriage, but that didn't affect em either...

Women voted so that women...could marry women.

Look man, I'm not a fan of LON at all but c'mon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

The very Ciara Kelly who took to Twitter to relay her near 'rape' experience instead of going to the Gardai. Another attention seeking spoofer

What. When did that happen

What. When did that happen

https://www.newstalk.com/Dr-Ciara-Kelly-claims-Irish-Weinstein-allegedly-raped-woman-40-years-ago

She was claiming that yer man was being friendly to her but she was warned by another woman who the 'Irish Weinstein' had raped before. So she went on a Twitter rant.

Women voted so that women...could marry women.

Look man, I'm not a fan of LON at all but c'mon

And also voted for men to be allowed marry other men. See what I mean?
    https://www.newstalk.com/Dr-Ciara-Kelly-claims-Irish-Weinstein-allegedly-raped-woman-40-years-ago

She was claiming that yer man was being friendly to her but she was warned by another woman who the 'Irish Weinstein' had raped before. So she went on a Twitter rant.

It sounds very made up and hysterical, Kelly's claims I mean. (Stay away from botox, people-that crap rots your brain).

As a Doctor, she should be more responsible, but she can claim 'journalist protecting her sources' as she also writes for the newspapers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

It would be "And here's to you Mrs Whitmore, America loves you more than you will know, woah woah woah..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

keano_afc wrote: »
    Stop the press, I think our dear LON might have a rival.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/im-going-change-your-nappy-12511101

Wait a minute. If the baby can't respond with a yes ( cause they can't cause they can't speak), and the person goes ahead and changes the nappy anyway...isn't that the opposite to what she's trying to....oh never mind. F*ing needed a laugh today and I certainly just got it.

Nah, definitely that yoke with the beard from a few years ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And here's to you Mikey Taylor, please keep 500 yards away from Lauuurrrra

Omackeral wrote: »
    And here's to you Mikey Taylor, please keep 500 yards away from Lauuurrrra

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why?

Your location that you have listed couldn't be more appropriate.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your location that you have listed couldn't be more appropriate.

I don't want to fight, OK?

p.s. Guys can we just pick a title and stick to it? The constant changing of it is going my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Can we please have title changes on the hour every hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

givyjoe wrote: »
    Can we please have title changes on the hour every hour?

Now you're just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Now you're just trolling.

Nope, I'd just enjoy even more hilarious title changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,774 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

p.s. Guys can we just pick a title and stick to it? The constant changing of it is going my head in.

Louise likes change!

Louise likes change!

Well, I don't. I think the "favourite Eurovision song" title is perfect and we should keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Can Louise just tell Mickey to shut up.

Can Louise just tell Mickey to shut up.

Ha ha, very funny.

Sleepy wrote: »
    I dunno... I remember this lady having pink hair rather frequently and getting some good advice from her back in the mid 90's!
    hqdefault.jpg

I have no idea who that is...I wish I did, but I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Can you stop shoe horning in Dara quilty or Whitmore in to every thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Was it on the LLS she said "women need to reclaim the orgasm"? My memory is of the interviewer laughing while some of the crowd clapped. Surely a host would simply ask her what she actually meant by it, what reclaiming it even means, who stole it etc

she is getting a free ride in the media with interviewers not questioning her statements and viewpoints and it's disgusting. Tommy Tiernan simply asked her some in depth questions and she became uncomfortable and agitated. The potential for a complete meltdown during a live interview is something we all see but the Irish media are gone beyond saving.

btw

am I allowed say free ride?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement