Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

I have no idea who that is...I wish I did, but I don't.

That be Toyah Willcox.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Appledreams15

Water John wrote: »
    On with Ciara Kelly on Newstalk today. Did not hear it.

The very Ciara Kelly who took to Twitter to relay her near 'rape' experience instead of going to the Gardai. Another attention seeking spoofer

Why would she go to he Gardai with the dismal rape conviction rates in this country?

Might aswell save herself the walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Des Moines. Laura Whitmore. Des Whitmore. Laura Moines.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why would she go to he Gardai with the dismal rape conviction rates in this country?

By not reporting sexual assault she is just validating the act and putting more women at risk

Am I doing it right???

Based on the incidents of false rape claims in this country and the UK, the Police/Gardai do take claims seriously, and do initiate investigations into the claim... Then, consider the cases of actual rape, and the investigations/convictions show that the Gardai do take the matter very seriously.

The idea that the Gardai won't take a claim seriously is a throwback to the 60s/70s, and has been changed. If anything, it can be seen that women are more likely to be believed than men when there is a lack of evidence.

But, hey, Appledreams15, you're more than welcome to prove your assertion... (modern stats pls)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Relikk wrote: »
    That be Toyah Willcox.

And, will she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gravelly wrote: »
    And, will she?

Probably gagging for it. She is married to Robert Fripp and he is well past looking after her properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

She was no Oasis fan. I doubt she liked Blur either. I'd imagine she was blasting "Jagged Little Pill" throughout the 90's.

...wait, how old was she then? It may well have been Spice Girls.

Zulu wrote: »
    She was no Oasis fan. I doubt she liked Blur either. I'd imagine she was blasting "Jagged Little Pill" throughout the 90's.

...wait, how old was she then? It may well have been Spice Girls.

As much as I loved the band, I suspect our LON was also listening to the "Breeders" or the Pixies. Less for Frank but more for Kim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Wrong... and also.... right :P

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/340174711533215744

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I get Hole, but Stone Roses!

I wonder what happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I get Hole, but Stone Roses!

I wonder what happened...

They'd a terrible manager who ripped them off, and they mostly hated each other too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Toyah Wilcox. Married to Robert Fripp for those 2 people who know who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

She probably spent her formative years listening to the Piscine Cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Birneybau wrote: »
    Toyah Wilcox. Married to Robert Fripp for those 2 people who know who he is.

Guitarist with King Crimson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Toyah Wilcox, who was a moderately famous punk-pop singer in 80's but who also (more famously for my generation) took over from Margi Clark as the presenter of The Good Sex Guide on late night UTV in the mid 90's, providing many of us with our first real sex education that went beyond the biological without getting into the kink-shaming level of Eurotrash silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She likes Oasis?

Isn't Liam Gallagher like the definition of 'toxic masculinity'. :D

Big aggressive, cocky, gobby, swaggering alpha male, cheating on his partners and having illegitimate children all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

She likes Oasis?

Isn't Liam Gallagher like the definition of 'toxic masculinity'. :D

Big aggressive, cocky, gobby, swaggering alpha male, cheating on his partners and having illegitimate children all over the place.

Well if you were looking for someone to prove to you that all men are pricks, he'd be a good start, right.

Who cares how many times she voted for Russia in the Eurovision?

Someone please give me a valid, logical explanation as to why the title keeps being changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Someone please give me a valid, logical explanation as to why the title keeps being changed.

Entertainment value.

Jaysus, Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Winding you up is as good a reason as any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

for the lulz

for the lulz

Now if someone asked is she going to be endorsing Denis O'Brien in the Presidential Election... THAT would be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Because she's a joke

givyjoe wrote: »
    Winding you up is as good a reason as any!

Joe, O'Neill is not particularly good looking, charismatic, funny, or skilled on screen/paper. She doesn't seem all that likable or popular to the masses either. She got her original break out of being an overly confident redheaded "sort" who was probably at the peak of her physical appearance. Still, vaguely funny thread :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just heard the Israeli Eurovision entry on the radio and I think Louise might like it as it appears to be knocking objectification and calls the perps 'stupid boy's over and over in the chorus. Quite catchy actually, and might be worth putting a tenner on as sure who knows, this could be the year the SJW vote makes the difference. Obviously couldn't tell what she looked like on the wireless, but she sounded like she had blue hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,774 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It changes because Louise and the Mods said so!

It changes because Louise and the Mods said so!

C'mon, give me a better reason.
    P.S. A friend of a friend called Laura voted for Georgia (the US state, not the Eastern European counterdoddy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Quite catchy actually, and might be worth putting a tenner on as sure who knows, this could be the year the SJW vote makes the difference

Israel, though. I suppose it would be a good way of separating those who actually care about social justice from those who pretend to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

C'mon, give me a better reason.
    P.S. A friend of a friend called Laura voted for Georgia (the US state, not the Eastern European counterdoddy).

Failure to change the title means we lose our coke and hooker allowance :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement