Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There should probably be a few more letters in the new title..and maybe a division sign..and a squiggle or something after it..

:mad: You assume species?

cantdecide wrote: »
    :mad: You assume species?

I don't assume anything..ever..

I identify as a disabled tri-sexual Romulan, bigot...

My pronouns are:
    crop-circle-designs-selection-format-51333077.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

She's an LGBTQO++ icon for Iowans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was Louise involved in the stage attack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Was Louise involved in the stage attack?

Would Louise O'Neill see this as a an element of rape culture, or internalised misogyny?

https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/11/cincinnati-rape-title-ix-doe-roe-sex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just heard the Israeli Eurovision entry on the radio and I think Louise might like it as it appears to be knocking objectification and calls the perps 'stupid boy's over and over in the chorus. Quite catchy actually, and might be worth putting a tenner on as sure who knows, this could be the year the SJW vote makes the difference.

If only I'd taken my own advice :eek: Dammit :mad:

If only I'd taken my own advice :eek: Dammit :mad:

It would have most other people raging tho-and many are hating it because Israel, only last week, was bombing Gaza.

It's literally 'a fat white feminist (who's straight, not gay), wearing make-up to look Asian (cultural appropriation), doing a chicken dance...'

(It's literally the best example to make someone like Louise O'Neill more confused than the time the lawyer had to explain 'evidence'.)

She then had the gall to stand there and praise the Eurovision for it's diversity...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never mind Israel won 20 years ago with a trans-woman singer, or a few years back when a bearded drag act named Conchita Wurst won with another song.

But that's the sjw agenda-claim diversity, when really they're behind the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The new title should say LGBTQOMGWTFBBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We’ve already used the Lidl vs Aldi thread title. Slacking now Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

I've decided.
    The next time I meet Louise I'm going to ask her to marry me (And maybe more) or I'll threaten to ask someone else (My wife).
    The conversation will, hopefully go something like this :
    "Louise my paramour, you must marry me".
    "Why?"
    "Because I love you and your wealth, and I'm skint as a cowboy".
    "What cowboy?"
    "Skint Eastwood".
    "I'm not going to marry you or any other man. Get lost".
    "Lesbian!"
    "If I'm a lesbian, then you're a homo sapiens".
    "I'm not. I've had girlfriends, you shouldn't call me that. I have cats - do you like cats?"
    "Yes, I do. What's that got to do with marrying me?"
    "They could live with us."
    "Where?"
    "In the house".
    "Where would they sleep?"
    "In our bed".
    "What about the smell"?
    "Ah, sure they won't mind."
    After she sees the logic of my ways and realises that she, at her age, probably won't get a better offer of marriage ever again, she'll decide to give me a chance and visit me in my special room in the CMH Dundrum. :o

Where is the sex dungeon? New York? LA? Chicago? Iowa?

It's my turn in the sex dungeon, no???? I thought this was going alphabetically

It should be in order of importance. That means I'm next.:D

It’s actually going numerically. That’s a zero at the start of my name. Here’s a snap shot of what we do in the dungeon.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It’s actually going numerically. That’s a zero at the start of my name. Here’s a snap shot of what we do in the dungeon

How could you possibly derive any kind of gratification from making men flagellate... wait, I think I worked it out.

This new title is somewhat misleading :
    Should Louise O'Neill lock Omackeral in her sex dungeon?
    The reason being that no mention is made of any potential sexual activities - the implication being that she will just lock him in said sex dungeon and sadistically watch and listen to his moans of frustration as he gradually realises that he won't be availing of the perverted delights of the dungeon. :eek:

Why would she go to he Gardai with the dismal rape conviction rates in this country?

Might aswell save herself the walk.

What's twitter going to do for her? Should people be locked in jail when there is not enough evidence to prosecute or convict?

Clonakilty, it was a surprise one days from her parents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭DaithiMa

I wonder will Louise be asked to be godmother to one, or maybe even both, of Michaella McCollum's twins?

• Advertisement

DaithiMa wrote: »
    I wonder will Louise be asked to be godmother to one, or maybe even both, of Michaella McCollum's twins?

Jesus-those poor twins. Can we set up an Indie gogo to help those poor kids-not the mam tho, she's scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Should Louise O'Neill leave Ireland for a new life in Luxembourg?

Absolutely not - the national motto of Luxembourg is "Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn" which means "We want to remain what we are" - I'm sure Louise would consider this motto transphobic.

There's a Luxemburg in Iowa, you know.

And Wisconsin. And Minnesota...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

There's a Luxemburg in Iowa, you know.

Yeah, but the real question is... How close is it to Des Moines?

Relikk wrote: »
    Yeah, but the real question is... How close is it to Des Moines?

About 35 miles. Nearest biggish city to Luxemburg is Dubuque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will Louise go out with me?

Depends if you’re a straight male or not. That’s where she finds it hardest to maintain her feminism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Omackeral wrote: »
    Depends if you’re a straight male or not. That’s where she finds it hardest to maintain her feminism.

Should be alright. He's a frog, and he's green. If she kisses him he might transform into a woke bae.

If your a straight white male then no!

• Advertisement

Relikk wrote: »
    Should be alright. He's a frog, and he's green. If she kisses him he might transform into a woke bae.

How I'd imagine that might actually go....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement