Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Will Louise go out with me?

No chance. Even the tide wouldn't take you out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

American smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Why do we constantly give the oxygen of publicity to the people who annoy us the most?

I'd never even heard of this person until this thread was started?

Think she should become an Iowexit strategist for the US.

Independent country, how awesome that would be, they would have no D***** T**** to worry about and instead Kim Reynolds* would be President. Hell, there's a city in Buchanan County, IA called Independence!

*A very controversial abortion bill has been passed in that state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Hello block button my old friend. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyone going to see the "World Premier" dramatic version of All Men Are Rapists in Waiting Edit: Asking For It at the Every MAN Theatre?

laugh-gif-image-16

Now for the "World Premier" of my lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I might go see it in the Abbey in November.

Might be okay if it has been adapted in such a way as to iron out all the flaws and removed at least some of the illogical nonsense that was in the book.

The central premise of the story itself is fine. The docu on the rape which inspired the book is good.

I might go see it in the Abbey in November.

Might be okay if it has been adapted in such a way as to iron out all the flaws and removed at least some of the illogical nonsense that was in the book.

The central premise of the story itself is fine.

We're thinking of seeing it in the Paramount in Cedar Rapids. With our friends Lauren and Iain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Don't, it's a kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I move to change the name from the Every Man Theatre to the #NotAllMen Theatre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll tell ye this for nothing, she's no Paulo Wanchope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'll tell ye this for nothing, she's no Paulo Wanchope.

Who is? I reckon they will play her as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four. She's good at being defensive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Who is? I reckon they will play her as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four. She's good at being defensive.

She can only defend one side though, so useless as a DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wonder if she's on the same salary as the erst of the players?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I wonder if she's on the same salary as the erst of the players?

Apparently when she signed for FC Twente in 2015, she had a clause in her contract whereby her salary would always remain no more than 15% lower than the clubs highest earner, so when the club signed new players with bigger salaries, Louise always had her salary increased to remain within the 15% threshold.

I'm not sure of her contract arrangements since she moved to Dynamo Zagreb last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Rumour has it that during matches Louise is involved with, the ball will be henceforth referred to as the ovary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cantdecide wrote: »
    Anyone going to see the "World Premier" dramatic version of All Men Are Rapists in Waiting Edit: Asking For It at the Every MAN Theatre?

laugh-gif-image-16

Now for the "World Premier" of my lunch

The good old Everyman.
    Cork's premier theatre, after The Opera House, Firkin Crane, North Mon Sports Hall and the big pallet they use as a stage in room 4 in the Blackpool Montessorri.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Rumour has it that during matches Louise is involved with, the ball will be henceforth referred to as the ovary.

Man Marking is no longer allowed either, it's now called Person Positioning and there is a Costa Rica FA meeting being held in conjunction with FIFA to ratify.

Will she be picked for the Iowa Institute Barnstormers next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Next you'll be telling me that shes going to Wrestlemania next.

Oh wait, i mean consensualtouchingmania...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Without a doubt, my favorite thread title to date. Fantastic.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Without a doubt, my favorite thread title to date. Fantastic.

Mine was the one about helping Kerry Katona sell Herbalife in America so she can break the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Man Marking is no longer allowed either, it's now called Person Positioning and there is a Costa Rica FA meeting being held in conjunction with FIFA to ratify.

Do the players have to affirmatively consent to being person positioned in this manner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So what about a transfer to....

:)

Des_Moines_Menace_Logo_w-Transparency.svg

So what about a transfer to....

:)

Des_Moines_Menace_Logo_w-Transparency.svg

That would be the best thing EVER.

Pfft...

Everyone knows women can't play football..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Can I ask how is the thread title updated ?

Is there an "official Boards committae" organised for this sole function ?
    Or is just any old mod that gets to do it ?

Just interested to see how the minds of the mods work around here. ;)

And besides I am tired of being the only poster in, make that person viewing, Politics Cafe forum.

It truly is the ghost town of boards these days.

I am not allowed discuss …

Bicycle kicks have been renamed to Pedal Propulsion Foot Strikes because the word Bicycle contains the words:

Bi - labeling of sexuality
    Cycle - An obvious jibe at the menstrual cycle of the female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I still hate tomatoes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Bicycle kicks have been renamed to Pedal Propulsion Foot Strikes because the word Bicycle contains the words:

Bi - labeling of sexuality
    Cycle - An obvious jibe at the menstrual cycle of the female.

You're a genius

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement