Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've heard the name but wasn't aware of her angle so to speak.

I mean has the White man made some mistakes down the centuries ? Yes but it's a bit long to hold a grudge. Or is it something more specific about white straight men she dislikes or is it a general hatred ? I'm eager to learn her ways.

Well she often wonders what her grandfather was thinking when she was setting on his knee as a child.
    Then they were something about boyfriends at college.

Her grandfather ? Was it "when is my granddaughter going to go home?" Or was she implying someone more sinister?

Praying for a happy death ?

So is Louise o Neill someone who thinks all men are assholes and the world would be a better place if we weren't here ? Is that her gimmick(to use a pro wrestling term) ?

her vagina has a odd obsession wit the weeknd (https://www.image.ie/life/women-we-love-40-questions-with-writer-louise-oneill-40443)

And Tupac (convicted sex offender) is the woke bae

He's also dead with years but I'm assuming that's to his advantage if I reading this right.

Edit: "the cork native" Ah feck it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Her grandfather ? Was it "when is my granddaughter going to go home?" Or was she implying someone more sinister?
    "
    think of when I was three, cuddling into my Granddad Murphy’s lap as he stroked my hair and told me I was the best girl and I wonder did he really think that, or did he secretly hate women too?"

the quote

her vagina has a odd obsession wit the weeknd (https://www.image.ie/life/women-we-love-40-questions-with-writer-louise-oneill-40443)

Yeah..Jesus..she's definitely in some adolescent state of arrested development..

"
    think of when I was three, cuddling into my Granddad Murphy’s lap as he stroked my hair and told me I was the best girl and I wonder did he really think that, or did he secretly hate women too?"

the quote
    Ah. I feel I may have dodged a bullet not knowing who she is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I think Laura Whitmore should dump Iain Stirling and marry Ronan Mullen. And together they should go on honeymoon in Yellowstone Park.

I read the article posted above. So she talks about inviting a male guest for dinner just for sexual pleasure and to objectify him. Isn't that what she seems to be accusing men of yet it's okay for her ?

I read the article posted above. So she talks about inviting a male guest for dinner just for sexual pleasure and to objectify him. Isn't that what she seems to be accusing men of yet it's okay for her ?
    How rare, a hypocritical SJW.....Yeah if you look at her tweets and stuff, she constantly contradicts herself....a lot of these SJW's types (not just her) really are hypocrites

Next title suggestion:
    Will Louise O'Neill endorse Denis O'Brien in the Irish presidential election?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gravelly wrote: »
    Sweet lord, if I had to listen to her going on with that shïte I'd break down crying myself. Imagine her tomorrow, she'll go to the nearest mens shed with an AK47 if it doesn't pass.
    And plant hundreds of IEDs at sports grounds across the country :pac:

If Yes wins she'll say it's an historic victory for the women of Ireland.
    If no wins she'll say Irish men are to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

LONs fave ice cream flavour is chocolate. Vanilla is just too white for her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Could we do a whip around and put up Ben Shapiro's appearance fee for a debate with Louise. I'm sure she'd jump at the chance.

Ben and Jerry's. Laura W will have to get used to it if she's going to crack America :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What is Louise O'Neill's favorite Ice-cream?

Definitely not vanilla, as that smacks of white supremacy.

Can't be banana - too phallic.

Not raspberry, as it contains the letters R-A-P-E and could set off all those rapey men

Probably chocolate I'd say. Though that could be considered cultural appropriation from the Olmec peoples of South America.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Chocolate with rainbow hundreds and thousands because she can't maintain anything with a straight white male!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I wonder has Morgan Freeman ever stared at Lousie's breasts? :pac:

I wonder has Morgan Freeman ever stared at Lousie's breasts? :pac:

And how would her vagina feel about it if he did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

XoJane, Jezebel, and Salon are among her Internet bookmarks.

No wonder she writes such toxic articles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dark, bitter chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

jcorr wrote: »
    The sky news presenter asked her .....if you lose this referendum what's next for you.....

Then she went on spouting about how it's such a hard time right now to be a woman in Ireland and she mentioned the Ulster rape trial...

Is it a hard time right now in Ireland for women? She sounded quite exasperated. I didn't know what to make of her.

Any chance it was pointed out that the Ulster rape trial was in fact in the UK?

Therefore her argument about the Irish state doesn't really make sense.

I've a feeling LON isn't a Shinner..... She's far too bourgeois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Noticed Lousey has been tapped up by the likes of the BBC, Sky and the Guardian to expose all the "evil men of Éire" or "how she saved women's bodies".

I always think it's a certain base type of Irish person who sells themselves to the Brits for the highest bidder, eg Geldof, etc,

but then again isn't 'Asking for it' the sort of simplistic "small town Ireland, priest, Guinness, bla bla bla" tripe that sells well over there in a country known for xenophobia.

No idea, how her family are not embarrassed like f@€k.

Probably why Lousey launched her novel over there and not Cork.

Any suggestions of what campaign the airhead will get behind next?

Noticed Lousey has been tapped up by the likes of the BBC, Sky and the Guardian to expose all the "evil men of Éire" or "how she saved women's bodies".

I always think it's a certain base type of Irish person who sells themselves to the Brits for the highest bidder, eg Geldof, etc,

but then again isn't 'Asking for it' the sort of simplistic "small town Ireland, priest, Guinness, bla bla bla" tripe that sells well over there in a country known for xenophobia.

No idea, how her family are not embarrassed like f@€k.

Probably why Lousey launched her novel over there and not Cork.

Any suggestions of what campaign the airhead will get behind next?

the mens world cup is soon and I can see her whinging about the lack of women involved and her not knowing that theres a female one

I think Louise has one of these in her handbag!
    1-Pcs-Livestock-Tools-Stainless-Steel-Without-Blood-Pig-Sheep-castration-Clamp-Castration-Tool-Castration-Forceps.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Louise has one of these in her handbag!
    1-Pcs-Livestock-Tools-Stainless-Steel-Without-Blood-Pig-Sheep-castration-Clamp-Castration-Tool-Castration-Forceps.jpg_640x640.jpg

I dont think i want to know what that is for

I dont think i want to know what that is for

Ask a farmer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What does Louise O'Neill keep in her handbag?

The testicles of her enemies.

The lyrics to The Star Spangled Banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Won it? I had to follow my better instincts and vote yes despite the dark joy it would bring to my heart to see the likes of LON digest a No victory. It is a shame LON and the No campaigners cannot both lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Joe Dog

She says she wants Max Irons for her sexual pleasure.

Absolutely filthy if you ask me, I mean what sort of respectable woman would want some golf clubs used on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,757 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Didn't want to comment before the close of polls but very disappointed with LON article in the Guardian. Basically used the 8th in the Constitution for men bashing. You'd think all men kept women in chains, metaphorically.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/25/result-ireland-abortion-referendum-conversation-women

'If nothing else, we have started a national conversation about women and how Ireland has treated them, how men in positions of power conspired to control our bodies and police our sexuality.' LON

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement