Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Sand wrote: »
    Won it? I had to follow my better instincts and vote yes despite the dark joy it would bring to my heart to see the likes of LON digest a No victory. It is a shame LON and the No campaigners cannot both lose.

Well if it's a landslide victory for Yes then they do both lose.

The No people lose the election.

People like LON have to accept that loads men in Ireland fully support their position and give up their "men controlling our bodies" BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

A copy of Jordan Petersons new book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,757 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Exit Poll:65% of men voted Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Well if it's a landslide victory for Yes then they do both lose.

The No people lose the election.

People like LON have to accept that loads men in Ireland fully support their position and give up their "men controlling our bodies" BS.

Yes and no. Normal people didn't need the new data from the referendum result. People like LON will never accept "men" as an institution are anything other than hostile threats.

'If nothing else, we have started a national conversation about women and how Ireland has treated them, how men in positions of power conspired to control our bodies and police our sexuality.'

I would be fairly sure no man wants to have any involvement with LON's sexuality. She lives at home with her long suffering mother doing her washing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Water John wrote: »
    Didn't want to comment before the close of polls but very disappointed with LON article in the Guardian. Basically used the 8th in the Constitution for men bashing. You'd think all men kept women in chains, metaphorically.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/25/result-ireland-abortion-referendum-conversation-women

'If nothing else, we have started a national conversation about women and how Ireland has treated them, how men in positions of power conspired to control our bodies and police our sexuality.' LON

LON writes in The Guardian? Christ that paper has lost some credibility of late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

AllForIt wrote: »
    LON writes in The Guardian? Christ that paper has lost some credibility of late.

Just of late?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

AllForIt wrote: »
    Ah, the opinion pieces always have a few doozies, but overall it is a decent paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Just of late?

Agree, they've been click baiting for years.

They're really no different to any other paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

mzungu wrote: »
    Ah, the opinion pieces always have a few doozies, but overall it is a decent paper.

unfortunately...yeah, the opinion pieces are where the loonies go to claim they're being oppressed by envelopes... (You have to lick em-and even if you use the self seal ones they are designed to remind ppl of wombs, because you put stuff in em, and take stuff out).

I mean, Lon is the one who claimed Sweet Valley High and barbies created her eating disorder...

Never mind boys were playing with He-man and GI Joes...and didn't have that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,423 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A great day for country, not so LON.

She now has to accept what she shouts out is BS.

I'm sure she find another avenue though, but she be crying tomorrow, but not in happiness, no matter what she says.

• Advertisement

A great day for country, not so LON.

She now has to accept what she shouts out is BS.

I'm sure she find another avenue though, but she be crying tomorrow, but not in happiness, no matter what she says.

You still have to go to a doctor to get a termination. And he might be a man-so oppression.

She has the 'pay gap' to whine about-and Toxic masculinity-but yeah, this is a spanner in the works.
    Until the next rape case where the man proves beyond all reasonable doubt he was in Spain at the time of a woman being 'raped' in Belfast and thus is completely innocent-then she can whine about the 'rape culture' in Ireland...even though we have nothing to do with Northern Ireland.

But facts don't help Lon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You still have to go to a doctor to get a termination. And he might be a man-so oppression.

She has the 'pay gap' to whine about-and Toxic masculinity-but yeah, this is a spanner in the works.
    Until the next rape case where the man proves beyond all reasonable doubt he was in Spain at the time of a woman being 'raped' in Belfast and thus is completely innocent-then she can whine about the 'rape culture' in Ireland...even though we have nothing to do with Northern Ireland.

But facts don't help Lon.

I'd say that will be her next campaign now. In a way she's probably disappointed today, one less thing for her to whine and pretend to be oppressed about.

I'd say that will be her next campaign now. In a way she's probably disappointed today, one less thing for her to whine and pretend to be oppressed about.

65 percent of men voted yes-70 percent of women.

Despite the margin of error based on data and calculations which would put that on an even keel--it's oppression.

There's a lot of 'feminist' bloggers who'll find their brand is in trouble now-without the 8th, many of their careers are dead.
    Unless of course legislation isn't to their liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

why am i thinkin about raining menstruating blood ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

You'd swear by some of the social media posts that women have won a victory over men. " so proud of the women of Ireland" etc

Do they even realise that men voted yes too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

py2006 wrote: »
    You'd swear by some of the social media posts that women have won a victory over men. " so proud of the women of Ireland" etc

Just looked at twatter. The level of sanctimony is insufferable. I need to lie down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,607 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Loving today's thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Bastard sons beget your **** daughters,
    Promiscuous mothers with your incestuous fathers,
    Engreat souls condemned for all eternity,
    Sustained by immoral observance a domineering deity,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Could see her duetting with Tom Araya on this track...

Shackled
    My princess
    Dangling in distress
    Here
    To discipline
    My sole purpose never ends
    Bleeding
    On your knees
    My satisfaction is what I need
    The urge
    To take my fist
    And violate every orifice

I was actually in court about my tv license yesterday.. I wonder how Lou's feminism influences her interaction with an post..I had to put up with the judge being smart and a e105 fine..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I was actually in court about my tv license yesterday.. I wonder how Lou's feminism influences her interaction with an post..I had to put up with the judge being smart and a e105 fine..

What was judgey saying?

€105 fine? Sounds like a bit of a saving over the Tubridy licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Water John wrote: »
    Didn't want to comment before the close of polls but very disappointed with LON article in the Guardian. Basically used the 8th in the Constitution for men bashing. You'd think all men kept women in chains, metaphorically.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/25/result-ireland-abortion-referendum-conversation-women

'If nothing else, we have started a national conversation about women and how Ireland has treated them, how men in positions of power conspired to control our bodies and police our sexuality.' LON

That article is something else. She seems to be a very paranoid person. Suspicious of her grandfather, now she's wondering which of her neighbours are against her...

McGaggs wrote: »
    What was judged saying?

That's a bargain-the licence is 160. I'd say don't pay it again, save yourself 55 euros.

(Joking-in case the boards crew get legal threats. This is a joke).

McGaggs wrote: »
    What was judged saying?

Ah, just a bad joke about me being too busy over the winter watching tv to get a license..e5 fine and e100 costs..

Worth every penny of it if it keeps tubs in the job..I'm hoping Louise might knock another documentary or two out of the oppressed weaker sex this year too..

Money well spent..

Yeah, I'd already bought the license too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Funniest thing is she cared so much about the referendum she was out of the country and didn't use her vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

smurgen wrote: »
    Funniest thing is she cared so much about the referendum she was out of the country and didn't use her vote!

Surely she used her vote??!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 scorching hemorrhoids

py2006 wrote: »

white knight butthurt he is not getting praise
    forever in the friendzone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

It’s like the women’s march she was going on and on about saying ‘let’s burn the place down’ And then she doesn’t go as she had appointments (and made sure it was with female docs/shrinks etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Really? That's hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement