Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Men who usually agree with these feminazi types are usually virginal chaps desperate to virtue signal some lass to let them have a pity ride

Often bearded too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Often bearded too.

Vegan, Gluten Free, skinny jean wearing, latte and craft beer drinking :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

professore wrote: »
    That's disturbing reading. Cult like behaviour.

Absolutely.
    I'll caveat it by a response I left in my other comment.
    80 to 90pc of the people were cool n quite reasonable. N patient with my ignorance.
    It was the loudest n most neurotic 10pc that reinforced the bully and us v them mentality.
    Most of those seem to have trouble making friends in general in regular life. Lots of codependent tendencies. Anger, youth and low self esteem make a volatile combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Louise O Neill is just annoying , and probably mad she cant get a man to actually stick with her ( Imagine any poor soul that would try)

I lovingly label her " Ireland's hemorrhoid" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

My first experience of a feminist was back in the late 80s in college in Dublin. A rather fat journalist student started telling me about fish and bicycles and all kinds of hate towards men in general. She had a sound flatmate who by the end of the year was as fat and bitter as she was. After that I steered clear of women who introduced themselves as feminists.

In latter years they could be spotted by instantly ignoring my wife in any conversations because she stopped working outside the home when our kids were smaller to mind them. Ironically my wife is a qualified engineer and smarter than 99% of them.

I'm sure there are some reasonable ones, I like Christina Hoff Sommers, but in haven't met any in real life.

• Advertisement

I cannot think of a single instance of a man of my acquaintance describing someone as a "cool girl".

You might say 'nah she's cool' as in the context that she is sound, easy going friendly, not a bitch basically, etc, but according to Looney Lou, its because she is good for 'oral sex and farting' :eek: :confused:

The mind boggles how did idiot is in mainstream media. A dangerous, poisonous and warped raving lunatic. As for her gombeen idiot editor Mr Boland..... jesus wept.

With these Grade A losers in such publicly oriented jobs (and presumably well paid) it gives me hope too that i can steal a living and if i keep believing my opening will come

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Vegan, Gluten Free, skinny jean wearing, latte and craft beer drinking :p

Gluten: can't drink beer. Vegan: can't drink lattes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Gluten: can't drink beer. Vegan: can't drink lattes.
    Afflicted with extreme cognitive dissonance. Can do all of the above while getting hysterically offended that you pointed out a fairly basic logical flaw in the argument?

Twitter is so weird. Who is he talking to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Men who usually agree with these feminazi types are usually virginal chaps desperate to virtue signal some lass to let them have a pity ride

On the money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

All of womankind. At least he seems to think they're all hanging on his every word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Jeremy Clarkson is funny though and most of his stuff is pure satire. LON is deadly serious.
    The comparisons with Clarkson and Myers don't work as the former is satire and the latter is well researched. And both can string a sentence together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Jeremy Clarkson is funny though and most of his stuff is pure satire. LON is deadly serious.
    The comparisons with Clarkson and Myers don't work as the former is satire and the latter is well researched. And both can string a sentence together.

Ye’re missing my point. She doesn’t have to be exactly like them or anything like them. My point was that newspapers have always tried to have provocative writers on the payroll. The way they provoke may vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

His 300 followers.....most of whom are probably inactive anyway.

Ergo...he's talking to the wall.

His 300 followers.....most of whom are probably inactive anyway.

Ergo...he's talking to the wall.

I go on twitter once every few months and have a look at some of my friend's twitters. Daily posts without any likes or retweets. I suppose talking anonymously on a message board is just as weird to some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I'm still confused by the actual title of her latest rant: "What whats constitutes being a 'cool girl'".

Is it a typo by a sub-editor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

McGaggs wrote: »
    Looking at tweet 2/3, is he having a go at himself?
    Pretty much. Men are so terrible y'know. Potential rapists, even the "woke" ones.* The self flagellation of the male "feminist" in full flow.

There's another Irish writer muppet whose name mercifully escapes, who goes on about hating the smell of his own maleness and how he tried to wash it off in his adolescence. Oh and that quarter wit was part of a panel offering help and guidance to young men at gigs and festivals.

*anyone over the age of 30 using the term "woke" in earnest should be taken out and summarily executed for the good of humanity.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It kind of makes you wish for some global catastrophic event. Then we'd see who steps up to the plate to rebuild. I wonder will it be the gender studies majors and the "woke" males?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

What the hell is a woke male?

Was I one an hour ago?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It kind of makes you wish for some global catastrophic event. Then we'd see who steps up to the plate to rebuild. I wonder will it be the gender studies majors and the "woke" males?
    It almost certainly wouldn't be. People and nebulous name gazing philosophies like that can only exist in times of comfort and safety, some might suggest times of over comfort.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    It almost certainly wouldn't be. People and nebulous name gazing philosophies like that can only exist in times of comfort and safety, some might suggest times of over comfort.

And they only appear in the most open and free societies, which they then proceed to tear to shreds.

And they only appear in the most open and free societies, which they then proceed to tear to shreds.
    I suspect it's another phase in the life cycle of civilisations, or at least social philosophies within them. In this case a coming to the end of one phase. When more and more people become more and more unsure and lack confidence in their culture a reset is on the way. Great cultures and empires are built on self confidence and fall when that leaks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pretty much. Men are so terrible y'know. Potential rapists, even the "woke" ones.* The self flagellation of the male "feminist" in full flow.

There's another Irish writer muppet whose name mercifully escapes, who goes on about hating the smell of his own maleness and how he tried to wash it off in his adolescence. Oh and that quarter wit was part of a panel offering help and guidance to young men at gigs and festivals.

*anyone over the age of 30 using the term "woke" in earnest should be taken out and summarily executed for the good of humanity.

fixed your post

I suspect it's another phase in the life cycle of civilisations, or at least social philosophies within them. In this case a coming to the end of one phase. When more and more people become more and more unsure and lack confidence in their culture a reset is on the way. Great cultures and empires are built on self confidence and fall when that leaks away.

Can it be contained at this stage? Is it terminal? It's very hard to have confidence in ones culture when everything is relative, there is no truth and the western academia has been focused on pulling down the very society which allowed it to flourish for 40 years. Maybe it would be no harm if the reset button was hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd love to see it..

Katie Hopkins v Louise O Neill!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Male feminists are groomers. Trying to soften their image, trying to say "I'm different, I understand you", to get them onside, to get beyond the woman's defense mechanism. They show all the same traits as child groomers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Men are very simple and will try anything to get their hole, usually a situational deployment of whichever behaviour is thought to have the best probability of getting into a ladies pants. Any behaviour of a male is attributable to him trying to ride someone somewhere, or appear more rideable.

"Woke" is the latest tactic for championship players, finding themselves in a cup draw and trying to score against premier league opposition.

I may be utterly utterly wrong.

Male feminists are groomers. Trying to soften their image, trying to say "I'm different, I understand you", to get them onside, to get beyond the woman's defense mechanism. They show all the same traits as child groomers.
    Uniformly creepy anemic types

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I have a conspiracy theory that says the vast majority of these feminist twitter accounts are not actually backed by real people but are infact autonomous AI agents that have become self aware in some server farm owned by the Almighty GOOG. They're trying to cause the extinction of mankind by attempting to phase out heterosexual relationships.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement