Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

No you didn't.

SUhg3b1E_400x400.jpg

The sheer balls of her is astounding...

What the **** is the point in having 'I voted Yes' over your profile photo. Pure attention seeking. One of the many reasons I hate twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What the **** is the point in having 'I voted Yes' over your profile photo. Pure attention seeking. One of the many reasons I hate twitter.

She was also bigging herself up for paying for someones flight home to vote.

All that spare cash when you live at home and your Mam is your driver.
    What a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The idea that she hadn't voted was so funny. Why can't it have been true?

goose2005 wrote: »
    nonsense

ooooohhhh this is getting interesting......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

AllForIt wrote: »
    LON writes in The Guardian? Christ that paper has lost some credibility of late.

she's taken the soup and will be the resident Paddy-basher for a while yet I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

This postal vote sounds dodgy. I choose to believe the funnier version.

This postal vote sounds dodgy. I choose to believe the funnier version.

Imagine she didn't vote and the Yes side lost by one vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She must be livid nobody put together a gofundme page to give her a holiday-which sexsiopa did for Tara Flynn...

https://www.gofundme.com/Holiday4Tara

An actual gofundme to give someone a holiday...oh boy. Well, it caused all sorts of trouble for her, criticisms etc-and she never asked for the holiday. So she has said she will split the money, donating it to Alzheimers Ireland and Abortion Support.

LON must be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dagnabbit! I thought we had her by the short and curlies there.
    But if it's so easy to get a postal vote why were so many people flying back from the UK to vote in person.
    Maybe she wasn't allowed the postal vote but she just said she got it anyway, is there some way to check? Lummy! it's just like Watergate innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Dagnabbit! I thought we had her by the short and curlies there.
    But if it's so easy to get a postal vote why were so many people flying back from the UK to vote in person.
    Maybe she wasn't allowed the postal vote but she just said she got it anyway, is there some way to check? Lummy! it's just like Watergate innit?

So that they could put photos of them doing it on social media and signal their virtue to all their like-minded friends.

Only an idiot, a zealot, or a virtue signaller flies overseas to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gravelly wrote: »
    So that they could put photos of them doing it on social media and signal their virtue to all their like-minded friends.

Or maybe they just really cared about the issue and thought it was important to exercise their democratic right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

People came home to vote because they were terrified that the referendum would fail, and that we wouldn't get to vote on it again for another thirty-five years.

Or maybe they just really cared about the issue and thought it was important to exercise their democratic right?

That sounds laudable until you realise that many of them almost certainly weren't entitled to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

wonder if they'll come back for the next general election or is it not trendy enough for social media

wonder if they'll come back for the next general election or is it not trendy enough for social media

You mean the 2019 referendum on Barry's Tea vs Lyons Tea?

I bloody hope so-I'm sick of people shoving their views on Lyon's tea in my face-it's barely a tea, it's coloured water.

All the cool kids drink Barry's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stuart Olding has being signed with a French club. Don't anybody tell her!

Stuart Olding has being signed with a French club. Don't anybody tell her!

Next time there's an immigrant gang rape in France she'll probably write a column about how that never happened before Olding went there.

Next time there's an immigrant gang rape in France she'll probably write a column about how that never happened before Olding went there.

Oh Jeez...I can actually see her writing that. And I felt a part of me die.

Some of the virtue signallers were at the 'Repeal' results singing 'Talking bout a Referendum'...to the tune of Tracy Chapman's 'Talking bout a revolution'...

Can people not f***ing ruin a song for political reasons?
    I voted yes-but I don't want to sit in the same room as those people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Oh Jeez...I can actually see her writing that. And I felt a part of me die.

Some of the virtue signallers were at the 'Repeal' results singing 'Talking bout a Referendum'...to the tune of Tracy Chapman's 'Talking bout a revolution'...

Can people not f***ing ruin a song for political reasons?
    I voted yes-but I don't want to sit in the same room as those people.

Also ruined 4 non blondes, what's up. Ahh man I loved that song.

And not buying this whole postal malarkey. Something just doesn't feel right about it but how to prove it. Hmmm.

And not buying this whole postal malarkey. Something just doesn't feel right about it but how to prove it. Hmmm.

You can be sure the press won't look into it - none of the articles I saw about people flying "home" to vote even mentioned the fact that many of those doing it were almost certainly committing voting fraud, and instead acted as cheerleaders. The same journalists would be screaming blue murder if they caught a no voter (or any conservative voter) voting fraudulently.

• Advertisement

Also ruined 4 non blondes, what's up. Ahh man I loved that song.

That song was ruined by a girl I know who thought she could sing. I also saw a comedian talking about how the song sounds like it was written by someone with dementia-especially the lyrics.

Postalgate-maybe there was a third poster, who posted the vote in for her? Is this like when Rosanna Davison got someone else to run a marathon so she would be a 'Bebo stunnah' crossing the finish line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Postalgate, ha ha . Love it.

Postalgate, ha ha . Love it.

Someone needs to investigate.

It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, trapped inside an enigma, stuffed in an envelope with a registered postal address labelled 'care of Louise O'Neill's mother'.

We'll turn her Ma and run Mrs. O'Neill as an asset. Years of washing and cooking for Loopy with zero thanks will no doubt have made her bitter and easy to sway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

You can be sure the press won't look into it - none of the articles I saw about people flying "home" to vote even mentioned the fact that many of those doing it were almost certainly committing voting fraud, and instead acted as cheerleaders. The same journalists would be screaming blue murder if they caught a no voter (or any conservative voter) voting fraudulently.

Yes, you can only come home to vote if you've been abroad for less than 18 months AND intend to return to ireland.

From an Irish Times article:
    While campaign groups should not deliberately mislead, Kavanagh believes, the onus should not be on them to communicate the law to the public. He hopes the referendum commission – an independent information body which will be established in advance of the vote – will provide specific information for people living abroad on their eligibility to vote.

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Nominated for best Original Spin
    Nominated for best SJW without a cause
    Nominated for best Twitter Blocker in a pointless drama

We'll turn her Ma and run Mrs. O'Neill as an asset. Years of washing and cooking for Loopy with zero thanks will no doubt have made her bitter and easy to sway :pac:

Wonder if her mother or father voted No? Will we get a massive article on the 'betrayal' she felt when daddy or mammy tried to control her body?

• Advertisement

Wonder if her mother or father voted No? Will we get a massive article on the 'betrayal' she felt when daddy or mammy tried to control her body?
    She wouldn't dare. Feminism is no match for the wooden spoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement