Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

OK. So let us investigate postalgate.

It was a hassle but not insurmountable. Just a bit of paper work.

Asked how she got this as someone else has been trying and and found it impossible, her answer is I think it's either work and university. Surely she wouldn't think but know, seeing as it was a hassle.

Then says maybe you can persuade someone to take your place and vote yes for you instead of you. Whilst bragging having doing just that.

Conclusion. Got a chance to promote her book in England. Felt bad about missing the vote, came up with an idea of claiming postal votage as not to lose face and truly believes paying someone else to vote yes makes OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

No you didn't.

SUhg3b1E_400x400.jpg

The sheer balls of her is astounding...

I know this is already obvious, but I still find it breath taking that she is constantly posing for photographs while using serious issues for attention.

I mean she clearly hired a photographer to look serene and staring into distance as if in deep thought.

It's almost satirical. (like your wan from Father Ted and her "Clit Power").

How any adult could think she's doing anything more than recycling sjw bs from the US and selling it here for a living is beyond me.

In fact if she looked like many of the ghoulish repeal angry "feminist" jumper wearers, she'd probably be the first one call a woman like herself fake, or a barbie, or plastic.

She really is a toxic person. A bigot. An attention seeker.

I think her grandfather was correct about her being a stupid b1€&ch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

https://twitter.com/John_McGahon/status/1001148314363088898

She didn't make this list either - too busy pushing the sales of her book.

"repeal the 8th, but buy my book first though"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wonder if her mother or father voted No? Will we get a massive article on the 'betrayal' she felt when daddy or mammy tried to control her body?

I'd say the Dad is the type of Dad that answers the question "How's your daughter" with "still fcking living with me".

I think this postal vote might just be the turning for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'd say the Dad is the type of Dad that answers the question "How's your daughter" with "still fcking living with me".

I think this postal vote might just be the turning for her.

Since she had the eating disorder I think the parents mollycoddle her and are afraid to say no to her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I know this is already obvious, but I still find it breath taking that she is constantly posing for photographs while using serious issues for attention.

I mean she clearly hired a photographer to look serene and staring into distance as if in deep thought.

It's almost satirical. (like your wan from Father Ted and her "Clit Power").

How any adult could think she's doing anything more than recycling sjw bs from the US and selling it here for a living is beyond me.

In fact if she looked like many of the ghoulish repeal angry "feminist" jumper wearers, she'd probably be the first one call a woman like herself fake, or a barbie, or plastic.

She really is a toxic person. A bigot. An attention seeker.

I think her grandfather was correct about her being a stupid b1€&ch.

I agree with you here, but I think social media is a big problem, it amplifies people and makes them look bigger eejits or heroes than they are - depending on what side you are on.

I listened to that BBC podcast with LON and Jordan Peterson - and I wasn't going to because I thought I would be raging but you know what - she wasn't that bad on it - I mean, I still disagreed with her, but she said nothing that made me feel "oh what an attention seeking idiot" ... etc

I could respectfully disagree - but at the same time see her point.

It made me look at how I view social media, I no longer even look at her twitter feed - the whole thing is just poisonous - on both ends - designed to shake the wasps nest.

Having said that she was probably on her best behaviour because she realized JP would easily beat her in a debate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Having said that she was probably on her best behaviour because she realized JP would easily beat her in a debate ;)

Now you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I Got a good laugh out of this. Pure nonsense joke posts for the last few months as there’s no new material for the anti-feminists to jump on.

Then someone makes up that she didn’t vote and all the dumbos who can’t do some basic fact checking go crazy.

AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY WRONG.

Just too good.

Also ruined 4 non blondes, what's up. Ahh man I loved that song.

And not buying this whole postal malarkey. Something just doesn't feel right about it but how to prove it. Hmmm.

Obama wasn’t born in America you know.

OK. So let us investigate postalgate.

It was a hassle but not insurmountable. Just a bit of paper work.

Asked how she got this as someone else has been trying and and found it impossible, her answer is I think it's either work and university. Surely she wouldn't think but know, seeing as it was a hassle.

Then says maybe you can persuade someone to take your place and vote yes for you instead of you. Whilst bragging having doing just that.

Conclusion. Got a chance to promote her book in England. Felt bad about missing the vote, came up with an idea of claiming postal votage as not to lose face and truly believes paying someone else to vote yes makes OK.

Where did she say this?

Is there any proof that she didn't vote other than being out of the country? I know next to nothing about postal votes. What's the point of returning home to vote if you can post your vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Benildus wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/John_McGahon/status/1001148314363088898

She didn't make this list either - too busy pushing the sales of her book.

"repeal the 8th, but buy my book first though"

I know the Donal O'Keffee guy who made the list. He's kind of this male feminist guy who doesn't like men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I Got a good laugh out of this. Pure nonsense joke posts for the last few months as there’s no new material for the anti-feminists to jump on.

Then someone makes up that she didn’t vote and all the dumbos who can’t do some basic fact checking go crazy.

Just too good.

Hi LLMMLL, how was the UK? Sell many books?

Where did she say this?

Is there any proof that she didn't vote other than being out of the country? I know next to nothing about postal votes. What's the point of returning home to vote if you can post your vote.

Because a selfie of you sticking an envelope in a post box won't get anywhere as many likes as a selfie on/near a plane.

Also, it's harder to commit voter fraud through postal voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Joe Dog

Where did she say this?

To make sure you can brag on social media about how you returned home to vote.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Hi LLMMLL, how was the UK? Sell many books?

Loads.

I’d say most of the guys on this thread are buying her books desperately searching through them for something to give out about.

Although that would be better than the current pattern on this thread.

1. Come up with an issue
    2. See that LON hasn’t tweeted about this issue
    3. Make up what you think she would have tweeted on this issue
    4. Criticise tweet that was never tweeted

Loads.

I’d say most of the guys on this thread are buying her books desperately searching through them for something to give out about.

Although that would be better than the current pattern on this thread.

1. Come up with an issue
    2. See that LON hasn’t tweeted about this issue
    3. Make up what you think she would have tweeted on this issue
    4. Criticise tweet that was never tweeted

At least that would explain why the hell anyone would buy them.

Because a selfie of you sticking an envelope in a post box won't get anywhere as many likes as a selfie on/near a plane.

Also, it's harder to commit voter fraud through postal voting.
    Joe Dog wrote: »
    To make sure you can brag on social media about how you returned home to vote.

What about proof of her not voting?

I actually bought Asking For It recently... If I'm going to criticise someone's writing and worldview, I should know their material too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Obama wasn’t born in America you know.

Never thought you'd be a birther LLMMLL......

I actually bought Asking For It recently... If I'm going to criticise someone's writing and worldview, I should know their material too.

Wow. I was joking. Didn’t think you guys actually did this.

Never thought you'd be a birther LLMMLL......

I wasn’t. But after spending so much time on this thread I learned that you don’t need facts if you can cast aspersions with half baked theories.

• Advertisement

See, told you there was an explanation for why people would buy them.

That said, she could be Shakespeare for all I know, though I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I see from Twitter she's riding/dating Richard Chambers the NewsTalk guy.

That poor barsteward will get some doing when/if it ends

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/1001417117697224704

they are dating - who the fluck dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just too good.

I'm just waiting for LON to explain why she was happy to get onboard with Kay Burley who is a "woman blamer". Oh right, to shill her book.

Why not? How can I possibly review something I've never read? Blindly hating something makes far less sense.

I don't have as much of a problem with LON than most people on this thread. I thought her documentary on RTE a few years back was pretty good.

Benildus wrote: »
    I see from Twitter she's riding/dating Richard Chambers the NewsTalk guy.

That poor barsteward will get some doing when/if it ends

He looks like her type. Wonder if he pees sitting down.

3Iy8lVSP_400x400.jpg

See, told you there was an explanation for why people would buy them.

That said, she could be Shakespeare for all I know, though I doubt it.

Have you read any of her books?

Have you read any of her books?

If I had I'd know whether she was any good or not. I am fairly certain that I wouldn't enjoy them.

I haven't read Mein Kampf either.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for LON to explain why she was happy to get onboard with Kay Burley who is a "woman blamer". Oh right, to shill her book.

Lol. What has that got to do with my post? I know the whole Trump-fake-news thing is mentioned a bit much these days but this thread really is like that. First some made up stuff about her not voting. Then when it’s pointed out, the response is some nonsense about Kay Burley....... it’s like lie, then when you’re caught lying, deflect.

If I had I'd know whether she was any good or not. I am fairly certain that I wouldn't enjoy them.

I haven't read Mein Kampf either.

Funny you mention that book as a comparison, I actually have read of some of Mein Kampf :pac:

• Advertisement

Funny you mention that book as a comparison, I actually have read of some of Mein Kampf :pac:

Who's better, Hitler or Louise?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement