Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yeah..sorry..
    Thought it would be funny..knew as soon as I'd posted it I had went too far..

It's...it's...too late to say sorry...I am forever changed after today....

...alright lads, cancel Christmas...

No point now...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

They are absolutely TERRIFIED by strong women who cry about things said about them on the internet. Cry me a river girls.

They are absolutely TERRIFIED by strong women who cry about things said about them on the internet. Cry me a river girls.

Rosemary McCabe is a woman who went from high profile, well paying gig--to a gym trainer. Because the blogging thing didn't work out.

Cos that patreon didn't pay the bills like she thought it would. :rolleyes: (13 patrons and...counting...).

She currentl has a beef with Ray Shah...who's famous for pulling himself off on live telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

LLMMLL wrote: »
    so you agree the onus is on the person making the claim. Thanks

Brave...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yeah, was defo Boards. She mentioned it in some interview at the time also.

At 2mins into the following podcast Rosemary MacCabe brings up Boards and there's an audible gulp.

'Projecting insecurities'. Sums you lot up to be fair :p

I skimmed that link.. and even at that I couldn't last more than about a minute or so!

It varies so wildly between Self-pitying, self-absorbed, and "go girl" nonsense from both of them that it's physically painful to listen to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

mzungu wrote: »
    Get a room you two!! :pac:

Or a separate thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Rosemary McCabe is a woman who went from high profile, well paying gig--to a gym trainer. Because the blogging thing didn't work out.

Cos that patreon didn't pay the bills like she thought it would. :rolleyes: (13 patrons and...counting...).

She currentl has a beef with Ray Shah...who's famous for pulling himself off on live telly.

Both are desperate to get any semblance of relevancy - what was her high paying gig? hardly the blogging thing was pulling in much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Yeah, was defo Boards. She mentioned it in some interview at the time also.

At 2mins into the following podcast Rosemary MacCabe brings up Boards and there's an audible gulp.

'Projecting insecurities'. Sums you lot up to be fair :p

Is that Mac Cabe woman anyway near as annoying as she looks in the thumbnail pic? Dunno if I can bring myself to listen despite my curiosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is that Mac Cabe woman anyway near as annoying as she looks in the thumbnail pic? Dunno if I can bring myself to listen despite my curiosity.

Yes.

Yeah..can't take anyone that makes faces like that seriously..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Believe it or not, many multiples MORE annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Oh god, she's a deluded, arrogant and a pain..Irelands version of Lena Dunham, She's an attention craving internet parasite.

heres a thread on her https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057710031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Louise O Neill backing Serbia in the world cup*

*Might not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ha ha McCabe & O'Neill .. I'm just surprised I didn't see it as the no1 bestest podcast in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Possibly the two most irritating individuals together in a room. No thanks.

Both are desperate to get any semblance of relevancy - what was her high paying gig? hardly the blogging thing was pulling in much

She used to work for one of the Irish fashion magazines. Worked as the editor of the magazine, until she went into 'blogging' and being an...ahem...social influencer.

Eventually, the blogging wasn't paying the bills-never enough updates for one. And she probably thought her 'message' would reach beyond Ireland and so allow her to make money. It didn't So cue patreon (she advertises it, but it doesn't make revenue) and no money there either-so she became a gym trainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

so you agree the onus is on the person making the claim. Thanks

Bad Feminist! Be careful you don't become self-aware now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,423 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To be honest it's none of our business who she is dating and from listening to Newstalk this fella comes across well and quite informative on what he does.

I don't agree with lot of **** for writes and she is a user and abuser in that regard but her personal life outside what she writes should be left to her and if the 2 get on that's between them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Funny how nobody had a problem with LoNs personal life being trashed until a man was dragged into it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Funny how nobody had a problem with LoNs personal life being trashed until a man was dragged into it.
    I know your post is not supposed to be funny, but it's hilarious.

• Advertisement

typical..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Patriarchy!

Innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,423 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sweet O Neill.

You call him a **** and you're a ****

Call him a sound fella, still a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Okay, which one of ye were in Listowel earlier?

https://twitter.com/poemruiner/status/1002197763638153217

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lon dragged a man into her personal life? :P

Oh God no-it's Writer's week there. I hope she's not ruining that too.

I imagine Germaine Greer saying rape is 'just bad sex' has probably left LON confined to bed today.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/germaine-greer-most-rape-is-just-lazy-careless-and-insensitive-1.3514298

Oh God no-it's Writer's week there. I hope she's not ruining that too.

I imagine Germaine Greer saying rape is 'just bad sex' has probably left LON confined to bed today.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/germaine-greer-most-rape-is-just-lazy-careless-and-insensitive-1.3514298

What the jaysus..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement