Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, a lot of other allegations of harassment. And I thought the worst part was Sheana Keane losing her job at RTE-nope, not even close.

How about Blathnaid starring in an anti-bullying campaign video?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x345ewp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I warned those voting for repeal that they would be galvanizing these nuts. But would people listen? Nope.

I warned those voting for repeal that they would be galvanizing these nuts. But would people listen? Nope.

giphy.gif

Even women, in the comments, are calling her out on this crap...these loons have no self-awareness at all.

giphy.gif

Even women, in the comments, are calling her out on this crap...these loons have no self-awareness at all.

Yes, I take comfort from the fact that I never come across these loons in my day-to-day life.

• Advertisement

Just leave them off lads..

Yes, I take comfort from the fact that I never come across these loons in my day-to-day life.

I've met quite a few-they're reading Greer in secondary school some of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Well, it's official-there is a disease making red heads crazy...and Blathnaid is the latest victim...

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2018/0601/967515-blathnaid-a-return-to-education-changed-her-views-on-parenting/

Ah the old "outspoken" gem, codeword for obnoxious ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

They'd just be galvanised over something else.

There is a cohort of usually unattractive or overweight women, who don't do exercise or sport but whose idea of a social outlet is to hop on bandwagons - thinking they're "individual".
    Angry they can't get a fella?

Thoroughly unlikeable on the internet , but if you met them in real life you'd see they're either nerdish or pathetic figures who just look foolish pretending they're "bi", wearing hoodies and having stupid haircuts claiming they're "morxist, atheist, gender fluid, boll&€ks".
    Always seen shouting in an angry face at some protest, making them even uglier.

Just a subculture like cosplay or Sci-fi, only using complicated words and real events to appear knowledgeable and certainly over represented in the social media and media.

From that wan's twitter account :

"hobbies include making cis men uncomfortable".

"cis men".... says it all.

There is a cohort of usually unattractive or overweight women, who don't do exercise or sport but whose idea of a social outlet is to hop on bandwagon - thinking they're "individual".

Thoroughly unlikeable on the internet , but if you met them in real life you'd see they're either nerdish or pathetic figures who just look foolish pretending they're "bi", wearing hoodie and having stupid haircuts climbing they're "morxist, atheist, gender fluid, boll&€ks".

Just a subculture like cosplay or Sci-fi, only using complicated words and real events to appear knowledgeable and certainly over represented in the social media and media.

Haha you have me in stitches here. Sums it up perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Poor girl can't get the ride and is a teeeeeeeeny bit bitter about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,423 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

99% of women ain't like that poor girl. Feel sorry for somebody with that much hate

99% of women ain't like that poor girl. Feel sorry for somebody with that much hate

I dunno-it's at 70 000 likes and counting... ouch.

It's no wonder so many guys don't date Irish girls anymore. Way too much hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I dunno-it's at 70 000 likes and counting... ouch.

It's no wonder so many guys don't date Irish girls anymore. Way too much hassle.

She probably delighted with the 70,000 likes for now.

Her attitude is there for all future employers to say hell no. Way to too much hassle also.

Do people like her not see that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

T

Aye it does. It has been my experience that anyone using "CIS" in such a context is at best foolish and if over 25 a bloody fool. Some exceptions might be academics or gay folks. I can at least understand why they would use the term.
    While I would like to agree, it does depend on the demographic and age group involved. Young college age types for example. Twatter and much of social media is chock full of the silly bints. Just like there exists a sizeable enough cohort of men that are dunderheaded gobshites in their attitude to women there is about the same percentage of women that are dunderheaded gobshites in their attitude to men. And it's too damned large a percentage in both cases, though such "women" are given a freer ride in the media and in general. For all the "patriarchy" these morons rabbit on about there are enough men out there feeling some stupid guilt trip and/or defending these types. If a man came out with similar about women on Twatter would be rightfully roasted.

Reading those reply tweets there are enough supporters and enough apologising on her behalf and enough trying to defend the undefendable. Worse are the spineless, nay pathetic manlets, still waiting for their balls to drop in their twenties trying to appease such a silly bint. Please let me be your whipping boy types. Christ.

As for being hated by a eejit like that? Good I say. It means you're likely doing something right.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nah, it's got little to do with the repeal. It gave them some succour, but... Again in my experience there is a type of person who will just never be happy or satisfied with the world. It has also been my experience that more women are like this*. They'll never be happy or content. Not for very long. There's always something. I'll bet every man woman and child reading this will know or have known one. God love anyone in a relationship with them(friends don't tend to last long for obvious reasons). They'll face a relationship full of putting out one self obsessed fire after another, in the vain hope that one day she'll be happy. She won't be. Avoid.

These twitter etc "activists" are perfect examples of the breed. If a magic feminist fairy descended from non CIS heaven in the morning and spread magic dust everywhere and turned the world into a matriarchal feminist paradise, these muppets would still be whinging about something(likely other women. I've found they're as bitchy about women as misogynist men are). The LON's of this world at least are egging it on for profit and attention.

*oh there are men like this but it tends to come out differently and in my humble there are fewer of them. Research bears this out. Just as aggression tends to be a more male negative so neurosis tends to be a more female one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

There is a cohort of usually unattractive or overweight women, who don't do exercise or sport but whose idea of a social outlet is to hop on bandwagons - thinking they're "individual".

Thoroughly unlikeable on the internet , but if you met them in real life you'd see they're either nerdish or pathetic figures who just look foolish pretending they're "bi", wearing hoodies and having stupid haircuts claiming they're "morxist, atheist, gender fluid, boll&€ks".
    Always seen shouting in an angry face at some protest, making them even uglier.

What are CIS men???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What are CIS men???

Heres one;

simon-grayson-blackburn-rovers-picture-id650797564?k=6&m=650797564&s=612x612&w=0&h=3qp-UQmXJ_F9sk_gxh0A_F3ie7tAg2KiDAF9G70R52E=

and another;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's gas, you look at her main picture on Twitter with lots of girls, and the one in the centre (Michelle Visage), has had a boob job.

https://heatworld.com/celebrity/news/cbb-s-michelle-visage-s-husband-tells-heat-michelle-s-boob-job-gave-confidence/

her husband David tells heat that the 46 year old has not always been confident. “Michelle would say, growing up, she felt no boys liked her,” he reveals. “She may have felt she wasn’t the most beautiful. She wanted to have some kind of curves going on – curves lead to confidence – and her [breast] implants helped with that.

So, girl who hates men is more than happy to have a picture of herself on her Twitter profile with a woman who's had her breasts done to essentially please men.

ok then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

eh who is she??? and the morons enabling her in the comments

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nah, it's got little to do with the repeal. It gave them some succour, but... Again in my experience there is a type of person who will just never be happy or satisfied with the world. It has also been my experience that more women are like this*. They'll never be happy or content. Not for very long. There's always something. I'll bet every man woman and child reading this will know or have known one. God love anyone in a relationship with them(friends don't tend to last long for obvious reasons). They'll face a relationship full of putting out one self obsessed fire after another, in the vain hope that one day she'll be happy. She won't be. Avoid.

These twitter etc "activists" are perfect examples of the breed. If a magic feminist fairy descended from non CIS heaven in the morning and spread magic dust everywhere and turned the world into a matriarchal feminist paradise, these muppets would still be whinging about something(likely other women. I've found they're as bitchy about women as misogynist men are). The LON's of this world at least are egging it on for profit and attention.

*oh there are men like this but it tends to come out differently and in my humble there are fewer of them. Research bears this out. Just as aggression tends to be a more male negative so neurosis tends to be a more female one.

Well said. You're right, I know a lot of these people. Best to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Aye it does. It has been my experience that anyone using "CIS" in such a context is at best foolish and if over 25 a bloody fool. Some exceptions might be academics or gay folks. I can at least understand why they would use the term.

Excuse me mister but I take offensive to that. I'd never describe myself as cis, it's too much like sissy.

Mind you, your prolly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

These people live in a bubble where anyone that questions what they say are “just proving my point” or “don’t understand”
    It’s such a childish, head in the sand get out clause that gives them free reign to say whatever they want without having to argue their position.

What are CIS men???

According to Google it's "a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at". Clearly some stupid American buzzword that has reached these shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Twatter is like some weird virtual ouija board that acts as a conduit for people's inner gob****e to emerge.

She probably delighted with the 70,000 likes for now.

Her attitude is there for all future employers to say hell no. Way to too much hassle also.

Do people like her not see that?

Nope-remember, these are the same types who go into a job interview, covered in tattoos-including on the face...and then have no idea why they didn't get the job.
    Many don't even know how to answer the basic interview questions-and then cry misogyny.

While I would like to agree, it does depend on the demographic and age group involved. Young college age types for example. Twatter and much of social media is chock full of the silly bints. Just like there exists a sizeable enough cohort of men that are dunderheaded gobshites in their attitude to women there is about the same percentage of women that are dunderheaded gobshites in their attitude to men. And it's too damned large a percentage in both cases, though such "women" are given a freer ride in the media and in general. For all the "patriarchy" these morons rabbit on about there are enough men out there feeling some stupid guilt trip and/or defending these types. If a man came out with similar about women on Twatter would be rightfully roasted.

Reading those reply tweets there are enough supporters and enough apologising on her behalf and enough trying to defend the undefendable. Worse are the spineless, nay pathetic manlets, still waiting for their balls to drop in their twenties trying to appease such a silly bint. Please let me be your whipping boy types. Christ.

As for being hated by a eejit like that? Good I say. It means you're likely doing something right.

Not all of them go to college-as in you only have to look at Beyonce, Chelsea Handler, Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Lawrence and Rose McGowan dropped out of high school, Rowan Blanchard is still in high school, Saoirse Ronan, etc etc.
    The director of 'The REd Pill' movie was a high school graduate who went straight into the workforce, working as a documentarian. Used to be a feminist-and then stopped.

Others will go to 'protests against the patriarchy'.

They absolutely claim to hate it when a guy...is a guy. A gentleman who holds the door, who makes the first move, and who's all about showing a woman a good time without being an asshole.
    They claim they're not interested in a guy who will punch someone if a guy starts being an asshole to em-'because they're not objects'-but I can guarantee you such a guy will be the one they'll run off with.
    The Wolverine movies weren't just because Logan is a beast-it's because he's a guy. The ladies 'lurrrvvve' Wolverine.
    (I remember even when I was doing the Leaving Cert, there were crazy ladies like that-never mind they were getting guys to do the work for em. Strong women don't identify as feminists).

Twatter is like some weird virtual ouija board that acts as a conduit for people's inner gob****e to emerge.

I joined it for a while a few years ago but soon grew to hate it. It is just full of angry, frustrated people crying out for attention.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,799 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wtf is a cis man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Wtf is a cis man?

Someone that played for Blackburn Rovers in the 1990's?

Someone from the Commonwealth of Independent States?

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Wtf is a cis man?
    From what I gather CIS is a label applied to men and women who identify with and as their gender. The opposite to transgender. It seems to be sometimes applied to straight men and women, mostly by the constantly offended and usually aimed at straight men(boo!!), but it's a gender thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement