Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wonder how these 'all men are degenerate scum' brand of feminists feel about their fathers and brothers etc.

I'd say Christmas dinner is a barrel of laughs.

Also does anyone know what that femtwit looking to get her college fees payed for by the public is studying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I wonder how these 'all men are degenerate scum' brand of feminists feel about their fathers and brothers etc.

Sure LON questioned her own grandfather’s motives when he used to sit her up on his lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Also does anyone know what that femtwit looking to get her college fees payed for by the public is studying?

3 guesses

English literature
    Arts
    Gender studies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

3 guesses

English literature
    Arts
    Gender studies

And of course will still complain about gender ratio in STEM courses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What saddens me more, is the amount of young men who are in agreement with her.
    want to bet they're trying to get the ride
    Fanny **** wrote: »
    Yeah the only reason I can ever think of why these eunuchs jump on these type of bandwagons is this reason

I've a college-age son, and one of his mates does a great line in male feminism. He does the full act, and is extremely convincing. It is however, just an act - he openly admits it. He does it because it gets him laid at an alarming rate, and if he is to be believed, college feminists are absolute sluts, and proud of it, but only if you play the whole "woke" game, and preen their feathers with plenty of bullshït. The lad reckons if they ever cop onto him, he'll be run out of town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Gravelly wrote: »
    I've a college-age son, and one of his mates does a great line in male feminism. He does the full act, and is extremely convincing. It is however, just an act - he openly admits it. He does it because it gets him laid at an alarming rate, and if he is to be believed, college feminists are absolute sluts, and proud of it, but only if you play the whole "woke" game, and preen their feathers with plenty of bullsh The lad reckons if they ever cop onto him, he'll be run out of town!

It reminds me of my uncle who lived in the States during the swinging Sixties.

He told me that the amount of guys in college who became "Hippies" just to get a shag was huge.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sure LON questioned her own grandfather’s motives when he used to sit her up on his lap.
    I wonder what her parents thought when she wrote that? In fact I would really love to see her folks interviewed and get a view of things from their perspective.
    I saw Jedwards parents on telly once and I couldn't get over how normal they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Gravelly wrote: »
    I've a college-age son, and one of his mates does a great line in male feminism. He does the full act, and is extremely convincing. It is however, just an act - he openly admits it. He does it because it gets him laid at an alarming rate, and if he is to be believed, college feminists are absolute sluts, and proud of it, but only if you play the whole "woke" game, and preen their feathers with plenty of bullshït. The lad reckons if they ever cop onto him, he'll be run out of town!

If these girls are 'absolute sluts', why does he have to go to so much trouble?

Sounds like tall tales tailored for sad aul fellas living their lives vicariously through the next generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If these girls are 'absolute sluts', why does he have to go to so much trouble?

Even absolute sluts have principles, and these girls principles is that the men they shag must believe (or at least pretend to believe) the utter trip they peddle.

Sounds like tall tales tailored for sad aul fellas living their lives vicariously through the next generation.

Could very well be, but it seems to work for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"Tom this Tiramisu is amazing"
    -"yeah thanks I change the Amaretto fo...."
    "OMG stop mansplaining Tom"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Should Louisd O'Neil give Una Mullaly a good ride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Should Louisd O'Neil give Una Mullaly a good ride?

I'm not proud of this but I'd happily watch that, modesty cloth on lap

I love being told that we all think about things uncritically.:rolleyes:

My wife/kids taking my name would be hella important to me. There's few things I would "want" in a relationship but that would be one. How dare I?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Brilliant quote from that:
    But, as my mother keeps reminding me, “that was their choice to do so. And, Louise, you keep saying feminism is about choice, don’t you?”

**groan**

Aww..yeah..she's the intellectual equivalent of an annoying thirteen year old.

Is this seriously the state of journalism these days?..

It's tragic on a variety of levels..

And now, for some weirdly masochistic reason, I'm gonna try to listen to herself and blindeye..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Pretty interesting.

Most of the guys I know would have experienced some kind of demands placed on them either related to the wedding or related to how things are divided up within the marriage.

The writer is capable of ignoring all of this while focusing on the woman changing her name.

Of course not all couples do the traditional wedding or the traditional marriage, just as not all women take their husbands name, but many do.

That seems to be a recurring theme here. Hypocrisy.

Ignore every hardship the man might have to face and wave away any sacrifices he might be expected to make but, oh my god, women are expected to change their names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Kimbot wrote: »
    Brilliant quote from that:

She side stepped that one nicely

"As much as I hate to admit this, my mother is right. It is a choice. It might not be the choice that I would make, but I respect other people’s right to do so.

I am, however, hoping that I can critique the system without criticising individuals. And while I have no doubt many women consciously consider the decision to take their partner’s surname, many others do it because it’s expected on a societal level.

That it is as if by retaining her own surname, a woman is attempting to emasculate her husband, or shame him in the eyes of his family and friends.

And if you feel overwhelming pressure to do something, is it really a choice?"

We should have never given them the vote..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I love being told that we all think about things uncritically.:rolleyes:

My wife/kids taking my name would be hella important to me. There's few things I would "want" in a relationship but that would be one. How dare I?

Why is that important to you?

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Why is that important to you?
    I'll explain it to someone when it matters.

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Pretty interesting.

Most of the guys I know would have experienced some kind of demands placed on them either related to the wedding or related to how things are divided up within the marriage.

Such as?

I'll explain it to someone when it matters.

It’s ok. We already know why.

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Yes, I'm eager to see why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Go on...

You believe your wife and kids your POSSESSION.. you misogynist b@stard.

LLMMLL do you know LON personally?

LLMMLL go on, please. Maybe tell me some other stuff about myself.

LLMMLL go on, please. Maybe tell me some other stuff about myself.

You said you’d explain it when it mattered. If it doesn’t matter why do you want me to respond?

• Advertisement

LLMMLL do you know LON personally?

Haven’t you heard? I am LON.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement