Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/1004914851347607557

Moaning about having to get a taxi from Vienna to Budapest, but sure that's the same distance as it is between Dublin and Cork and she must have done that in a taxi a few times.

Oh no, wait....

Wit all the hanging around, unanswered questions and extra travel involved, that would have cut into their time quite a bit. Also, who the heck wants to drive in a cab for nearly 3 hours when the plane should have taken you there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is there a purse for the McCabe/O'Neill fight.

If there is money to be won then I'm backing LON all the way.

She's the Jack Benny of Irish Feminism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Wit all the hanging around, unanswered questions and extra travel involved, that would have cut into their time quite a bit. Also, who the heck wants to drive in a cab for nearly 3 hours when the plane should have taken you there in the first place.

Be even more awful if the cab there had no air con.

7b021711b01a361912185428fd52f2da.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

or a really lumpy springy seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

or a really lumpy springy seat.

And an incredibly misogynistic, racist, islamophobic, Trump-loving driver who likes to talk. A lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Gonna sit bavk and relax with some beer and popcorn and eait for Michael o Leary v LoN. I hope Michael
    tells LON where to go with the Uber fare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Spare a thought for the poor unfortunate taxi driver.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is there a purse for the McCabe/O'Neill fight.

If there is money to be won then I'm backing LON all the way.

She's the Jack Benny of Irish Feminism.

Jesus don't mention a purse. They'll be looking for the same deal as Mayweather and McGregor. Pay parity and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Looks like herself and the bf are still at the holding hands stage of the relationship

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1004922346728296448?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I can imagine the two of them on holiday, both heads buried in their phones letting everyone know every minor detail of their big holiday. Gimps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Owryan wrote: »
    Looks like herself and the bf are still at the holding hands stage of the relationship

I reckon yer man will be waiting a long time before he reaches 2nd base with Louise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/1004914851347607557

Moaning about having to get a taxi from Vienna to Budapest, but sure that's the same distance as it is between Dublin and Cork and she must have done that in a taxi a few times.

Oh no, wait....

shocked that she didn't call her mother to drive her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I reckon yer man will be waiting a long time before he reaches 2nd base with Louise.

Wonder if she made him pay for the entire holiday-cos she sounds like the kind of cheapskate who would.

Read the last line of his tweet-he's telling us when he performs oral sex on her fer feck's sake...:eek::eek::eek:

...like live updates of it....

K1YR.gif

Have not eaten @oneilllo yet so this is all coming up milhouse now.

What the **** is that tweet about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Have not eaten @oneilllo yet so this is all coming up milhouse now.

What the **** is that tweet about?

Safe space talk most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,497 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jesus don't mention a purse. They'll be looking for the same deal as Mayweather and McGregor. Pay parity and all that.

'Purse' is an offensive term imposed by the ruling patriarchy to differentiate between a man's 'wallet', and to generally keep women down. The correct term forthwith is 'non-binary money-placement space'

retalivity wrote: »
    'Purse' is an offensive term imposed by the ruling patriarchy to differentiate between a man's 'wallet', and to generally keep women down. The correct term forthwith is 'non-binary money-placement space'

Don't mention money-you'll incur the 'pay gap' myth.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,799 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Don't mention money-you'll incur the 'pay gap' myth.

Unless of course you accept bring paid less for doing less.

But Jesus no, that cannot be acceptable cos its acutely what happens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

So her other half forked out for the uber ride to Budapest? How very old fashioned.

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/1005031413924626434

So her other half forked out for the uber ride to Budapest? How very old fashioned.

So she only wants equality when it means she doesn't have to pay for stuff...

What a total c***.

• Advertisement

So she only wants equality when it means she doesn't have to pay for stuff...

What a total c***.

Really is anyone surprised - this thread has pointed out her numerous contradictons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Well I for one am thrilled that she's found a good man to help her to pay for things. Every girl deserves that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Guess who's out of the country for the "world premiere" of the play adapted from their book? She must not have much coincidence in it?

I8A4RE wrote: »
    Guess who's out of the country for the "world premiere" of the play adapted from their book? She must not have much coincidence in it?

She can’t now use the excuse that she’s with females -will there be an meltdown of her acolytes

Ye gods i know that roche fellow :eek::eek:

Ye gods i know that roche fellow :eek::eek:

Poor chap. He's clearly in a dark place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Poor chap. He's clearly in a dark place.

Or just looking for the ride.

Or just looking for the ride.

Doubt it, he has women on a pedestal, louise does his thinking for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

The problem with pea brained individuals like this one is that feminism has become an excuse for failure...men who fail have no such luxury...

Would've thought she was rather successful.

As for her husband paying for the uber, I assume that like every couple I know, they take turns to pay for things.

But why am I spoiling the fun of people with vivid imaginations - sorry. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement