Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Completely sickened at the Irish rugby captain showing solidarity with accused rapists.

I find so much wrong with that piece of tweeting, I'm not sure where to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

its worse .
    when you read the sun you do it for a laugh or to read a stupid story
    you know what your reading is trash

the examiner is supposed to be a factual paper that you read to learn something or to get the fact on a subject. not the ramblings of a hyped up nobody with an agenda

The famous Boland, is the editor of the Examiner,,, and they wonder why their readership is declining

Noveight wrote: »
    I find so much wrong with that piece of tweeting, I'm not sure where to start.

I dunno about the rest of you but Im this old fashioned stick in the mud kind of guy with this mad notion that Jackson and co deserve a fair trial and that its their word against the accuser at this point in time.

Silly f**kin me of course. What an absurd notion in this day and age. The era of the 'Woke bae' :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh...........dear...............god............above..... F***ing insane :mad:

https://twitter.com/Pattifrog/status/960616316460814336

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is ever woman meant to ask for it or are they meant to read Asking for it?

Is ever woman meant to ask for it or are they meant to read Asking for it?

Real evidence is now null and void. Instead you can read Loopie Lou's 'Asking for it' and make your mind up about what fate the three men should face based on the ramblings of a deranged lunatic who by for some *****in mysterious reason is actually taken seriously by an alarming number of people in our society.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The famous Boland, is the editor of the Examiner,,, and they wonder why their readership is declining

He took on a real journalist here and was put in his place :D

https://twitter.com/samrboland/status/957401131529003009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

He took on a real journalist here and was put in his place :D

https://twitter.com/samrboland/status/957401131529003009

What's wrong with this guy? I can almost feel him jumping out of the screen ranting and raving, while the other guy is calm and respectful as hell. I know who I'd prefer to have a discussion with even if I shared opposite views.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well if you read the profile bit you find the paraphrased words from that song of yesteryear "I'm a bitch"; "Bitch, lover, child, mother, sinner and saint". Along with that Marilyn Monroe quote; "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best", both are sure fire gold standard gobsh1te detectors.
    I dunno about the rest of you but Im this old fashioned stick in the mud kind of guy with this mad notion that Jackson and co deserve a fair trial and that its their word against the accuser at this point in time.
    Don't be daft TG, it's what you feel that matters. Apparently. The "justice" of the mob, the neurotic mob with it.

Then again I'd not worry, the vast majority of people don't work or think like that and certainly don't want society and the law to. The interwebs has just allowed the loonies a far larger voice than they used to or warranted. That's what we're seeing here. Plus platforms and outlets love these loonies as they increase traffic. People love to go and point out the loonies. It's bear baiting with the insane and delicate in the pit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Wait 3 billboards is supposed to be racist ?

Jesus Holy F*ck !

Men that hang around her Twitter comments, agreeing with everything and apologising for being men give me the creeps.
    Exactly!

These are the type of men to be wary of - seriously , they have something to hide.

They are the creepiest ***** around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The should just close the sections in kings inn, blackhall place and templemore that deal with rape.
    All thats needed to secure a conviction is for the prosecution to wave a copy of 'asking for it' in front of the jury. We dont evidence anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Can someone tell me what's a "woke bae"?
    Ta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Wait 3 billboards is supposed to be racist ?

Jesus Holy F*ck !

Shur so was Friends, as well as being transphobic apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ta.

A doormat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ta.

A non rapey looking male.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

woke bae is a boyfriend or (usually male) significant other who is progressive and enlightened in general. He is aware of current events and is sympathetic to plights against racism and sexism.

"My boyfriend suggested we go to the Women's March on January 21st. I guess you could say I've got a woke bae."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Got it now folks. Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

woke bae is a boyfriend or (usually male) significant other who is progressive and enlightened in general. He is aware of current events and is sympathetic to plights against racism and sexism.

"My boyfriend suggested we go to the Women's March on January 21st. I guess you could say I've got a woke bae."

Ah, a repressed serial killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

:D

CxsxOxxXgAAN9Jv.jpg

That's just plain weird on so many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

would people please stop quoting that pic? I don't like vomiting in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

That's just plain weird on so many levels.

Yeah, those curtains are horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ta.
    Bae is a Danish slang word for feces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ta.

Just more vile cultural appropriation of the African American experience by oppressive white eurocentric elitists.
    The earliest example of a figurative meaning of woke that Oxford lexicographers could find is from 1962, when woke was listed in a glossary of African American slang with the definition ‘well informed, up-to-date’.

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2016/11/16/woke/
    Following the popularization of the term through various hip hop and R&B songs in the early 2010s

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/249801/what-is-the-etymology-of-the-word-bae

I took this loon to task over her insane tweet about Rory Best and surprise surprise im now blocked :rolleyes: Imagine having an agenda but an inability to debate that agenda? Mentally damaged loons.

I took this loon to task over her insane tweet and surprise surprise was blocked :rolleyes: Imagine having an agenda but an inability to debate that agenda? Mentally deranged loons.

It's a badge of honour to be blocked by a loon like that, I got blocked when I challenged her on vaguely accusing her grandad of sexual assault.

disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a funny/weird dream before about Louise O'Neill before. She did Dancing with the Stars and the male professional dancer wasn't allowed to touch her or look at her. The judges weren't allowed to comment/mark either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I only know of her from this thread. Is she for real? Is it possible that she's playing an over the top character like Alan Partridge or Philomena Cunk just to get more followers? Even if people hate you, they still talk about you and indirectly promote you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement