Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

I only know of her from this thread. Is she for real? Is it possible that she's playing an over the top character like Alan Partridge or Philomena Cunk just to get more followers? Even if people hate you, they still talk about you and indirectly promote you.

She is in the same way that Milo Yiannopoulos is playing a character. While they do believe what they are saying to a degree, they overstate it for shock value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Flower124

I took this loon to task over her insane tweet about Rory Best and surprise surprise im now blocked :rolleyes: Imagine having an agenda but an inability to debate that agenda? Mentally damaged loons.
    What's your issue with it? He has gone to support the Irish rugby lads. He says he wants to be called as a character witness for the boys.
    I think some people have issue with this, that it would have been better to be neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Flower124

I only know of her from this thread. Is she for real? Is it possible that she's playing an over the top character like Alan Partridge or Philomena Cunk just to get more followers? Even if people hate you, they still talk about you and indirectly promote you.
    Does anyone possibly think it is bad to harrass a girl and demean her for months on a forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Flower124 wrote: »
    Does anyone possibly think it is bad to harrass a girl and demean her for months on a forum?

In fairness, she's a woman, not a girl. Well able to dish it out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

not really her I'm worried about its the vulnerable minds that she can fill with crap and brainwash into believing the vile that she talks

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Shes in her thirties and she knows a thing or two about demeaning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

She puts herself in the public sphere, fair game no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

She had no problem going on the radio, writing in her column and tweeting, slaughtering the men in the UCD Ag-Soc about the non-existent rating and ranking list that caused her to elicit a gutteral, visceral scream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

The vast, vast majority of men do not put women through this anguish.

Can we just keep emphasizing this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's free publicity, I'd say she's happy out. There's only one thing worse than people talking about you...

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Can we just keep emphasizing this please?

#NotAllMen...... unless you believe RMC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do we keep abusing women?

Maybe you should stop abusing women then? That 'we' includes you I gather. Yeah, so just stop it. Thanks.

#NotAllMen...... unless you believe RMC

I'm sorry who or what is an RMC when it's at home?
    Another raving Twitter twat?

(I'm a conscious non tweeter)

Rosemary McCabe

https://twitter.com/RosemaryMacCabe?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Rosemary McCabe - whose an attention seeker, changing her story’s from an event a number of years back, but she’s not as prominent like Lou Lou, just an ‘influencer’ which some strange people like - the soy boys-woke baes and third wave feminists

There’s a thread on her if you put it in search engine

I'm good thanks :o

Enough lunacy right here in this thread to keep me occupied for a while

Another perpetually outraged fool from Twitter.

Has a need to hitch her cart to every trendy issue to get attention and content and generate a few quid because she cant be arsed getting a proper full time job.

Twitter and lifting weights with the idiots who follow you online doesn't count

Rosemary McCabe - whose an attention seeker, changing her story’s from an event a number of years back, but she’s not as prominent like Lou Lou, just an ‘influencer’ which some strange people like - the soy boys-woke baes and third wave feminists

Cucks, Soy-Boys, Manginas....

She had no problem going on the radio, writing in her column and tweeting, slaughtering the men in the UCD Ag-Soc about the non-existent rating and ranking list that caused her to elicit a gutteral, visceral scream.

And yet the hypocritical gaping asshole has no problem objectifying men herself in the media.
    https://www.image.ie/life/women-we-love-40-questions-with-writer-louise-oneill-40443

greatest hypocrite ever from this interview

here are some "gems"
    #SquadGoals / three people you'd invite to a dinner party?
    Amy Schumer, Kristen Wiig, and Max Irons for my sexual pleasure. I will objectify him all day every day

The most annoying quality in people?
    Standing too close to me on public transport. Oh, and when they don't agree with every word I say. That really irritates me.
    And the best?
    I find most people to be inherently kind. (I also like to when they agree with every word I say.)

Any goals for 2017?
    Same as every year. I want to be healthy and happy. And to get the shift of Max Irons. WHERE ARE YOU, MAX? WHERE ARE YOU?
    Dream sandwich?
    Me, Max Irons, and Alex Pettyfer.

Reverse what she says to a guy saying this about a woman - she'd be having her daily meltdown on twitter over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks for the answers earlier.

I thought it was just an Irish saying. I googled it and found out what is "not" a woke bae.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/love-sex/relationships/a13096705/signs-a-man-is-not-woke/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I wonder would the hardliners like O'Neill and MacCabe approve of the way Trudeau pandered to their ilk by using "humankind"? Or would they see past his piss poor effort to appear virtuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

John Waters has been a bit quiet of late. She's filling a gap in the market.

Village needs an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sligojoek wrote: »
    I thought it was just an Irish saying. I googled it and found out what is "not" a woke bae.
    You're probably confusing it with the Corkonian 'wake up bai', an expression used to bring a sleeping lad from Cork from a slumber to an alert state. Can be used when late for school, or when being asked to leave a very late bar.

Easy mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

It’s harassment to call someone out on blatant misandry now? Should the same rule be applied to misogyny? (Or rather the new definition of it that’s being pushed by certain folk)

Do you believe someone should be accountable for their bad behavior? Without exceptions based on things like gender?

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/love-sex/relationships/a13096705/signs-a-man-is-not-woke/

A number of the items on that list are just ****ing nuts

And that’s in a fairly mainstream magazine

And then seems to have a huge problem when it came to apologizing after it turned out to be complete nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yeah. Bonkers:
    14. He cries "not all men" when you talk about rape culture or objectification. And sure, we're not saying all men are X or Y. But derailing a very important conversation just to protect the image of men is undermining and frustrating.

Oh. Sorry for frustrating you. Please feel free to lump me into a group of sex offenders so that you feel better. That's really going to get me on your side. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sky King wrote: »
    Yeah. Bonkers:

Oh. Sorry for frustrating you. Please feel free to lump me into a group of sex offenders so that you feel better. That's really going to get me on your side. FFS.

My opinion is that a lot of these hardcore feminists belittle sex crimes. They fail to see how utterly horrible it is for a person to be associated with such crimes and as you say be lumped in with sex offenders.

If they cannot see that they cannot possibly understand the seriousness of these crimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I see the same arguement over and over again:

Feminist: men are so rapey.
    Man: Hang on... I'm not rapey. We're not all rapey. Why are you implying I'm rapey?
    Feminist: OMG I KNOW YOU ARE NOT RAPEY BUT THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DISCUSSION TO HAVE [goes to twitter] #notallmen
    Man: WTF?

I still haven't resolved this. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    Yeah. Bonkers:

1/15, that's some good stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement