Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do, just to clarify, should she be able to choose what she campaigns on or should she campaign on all issues equally?

She's free to choose but just saying it seems she avoids any cases that fall into the category of minority. Could be a coincidence. A long drawn out coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Do, just to clarify, should she be able to choose what she campaigns on or should she campaign on all issues equally?

Nah they think that if you dare comment on swxual harassment in Ireland then you’re committed to single
    Handedly stopping FGM in North Africa.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    If you think a bunch of anti-feminists having a circle jerk is civilised then sure......

I'm absolutely anti-feminist as pertains to the Louise O Neill brand of feminism. Feminism should be about equality, LON and her ''cause'' is anything but.

Nah they think that if you dare comment on swxual harassment in Ireland then you’re committed to single

No, there's no hive mind. Just people calling out hypocrisy and bullsh*t.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm absolutely anti-feminist as pertains to the Louise O Neill brand of feminism

I know. You all are. That’s what I was saying.

• Advertisement

I know. You all are. That’s what I was saying.

Yeah that's not real feminism. Feminism, in its original guise, strives for equality. This sh*t we see today strives for victimhood.

Yeah that's not real feminism. Feminism, in its original guise, strives for equality. This sh*t we see today strives for victimhood.

No it strives to fight social inequality.

Because, while there are different types of feminists (or feminist ideologies), if you don't like one then you're against them all. It's that convenient... all or nothing scenario. Makes it easier for them to dismiss other peoples opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,528 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If she doesn’t comment on FGM in Africa then what business does she have commenting on anything. Makes sense

No, there's no hive mind. Just people calling out hypocrisy and bullsh*t.

Hives have a queen and The guys on this thread would never allow that.

• Advertisement

Because, while there are different types of feminists (or feminist ideologies), if you don't like one then you're against them all. It's that convenient... all or nothing scenario. Makes it easier for them to dismiss other peoples opinions.

Yeah I’ve never engaged with anyone on this thread.....

So you were talking about convenient ways to dismiss someone?.......

Hives have a queen and The guys on this thread would never allow that.

That's actually clever! Did a man tell you that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My impression is that she is looking to fight inequality with inequality as the result?

Yeah I’ve never engaged with anyone on this thread.....

So you were talking about convenient ways to dismiss someone?.......

Oh, no, I was talking about certain feminists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Here we go .. :rolleyes:

givyjoe wrote: »
    Here we go .. :rolleyes:

Nah... Dum di Dum di Dum... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Diversity for Hire

Except when it comes to Islam. Then It's bow your head and don't say anything bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Diversity for Hire

Except when it comes to Islam. Then It's bow your head and don't say anything bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I'm absolutely anti-feminist as pertains to the Louise O Neill brand of feminism. Feminism should be about equality, LON and her ''cause'' is anything but.

Want to make the "do not give a stinking f*ck" declaration?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My impression is that she is looking to fight inequality with inequality as the result?

No she’s not.

• Advertisement

Want to make the "do not give a stinking f*ck" declaration?

I just wish you'd go away to be honest.

I just wish you'd go away to be honest.

I just wish whoever keeps changing the title would go away to be honest. If you really cared about her, you wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I just wish whoever keeps changing the title would go away to be honest. If you really cared about her, you wouldn't do it.

od2o7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Just press the "unfollow" button then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Owryan wrote: »
    Just press the "unfollow" button then.

you can also use the unfollow tags, just post the following but remove the spaces

[unfollow ]*thread*[ /unfollow]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    you can also use the unfollow tags, just post the following but remove the spaces

[unfollow ]*thread*[ /unfollow]

Might be too complicated for someone who gets confuddled by a simple title edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: What are you, the fun police? Stop going on about it. The title's going to change whenever Louse wants it to change.

"For the titles, they are a-changin'" ♫ - some privileged white male

Mod: What are you, the fun police? Stop going on about it. The title's going to change whenever Louse wants it to change.

"For the titles, they are a-changin'" ♫ - some privileged white male

What, do you know her or something?

Owryan wrote: »
    Might be too complicated for someone who gets confuddled by a simple title edit.

Why exactly does the title keep changing though? Keep getting sick of the old one??

• Advertisement

What, do you know her or something?

Stop going on about you were told.

smug-smile-gif-3.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement