Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

py2006 wrote: »
    Yoda????

Yoda has some sick rhymes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Unfollowing this thread is something you should do

On the count of three:
    I, SPLINTER SACRE, DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT I DO NOT GIVE A STINKING FVCK ABOUT LOUISE O'NEILL. I MAKE THIS SOLEMN DECLARATION CONSCIENTIOUSLY BELIEVING THE SAME TO BE TRUE AND BY VIRTUE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THE STATUTORY DECLARATIONS ACT 1835.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Freak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

On the count of three:
    I, SPLINTER SACRE, DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT I DO NOT GIVE A STINKING FVCK ABOUT LOUISE O'NEILL. I MAKE THIS SOLEMN DECLARATION CONSCIENTIOUSLY BELIEVING THE SAME TO BE TRUE AND BY VIRTUE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THE STATUTORY DECLARATIONS ACT 1835.

Will ya stop

Will ya stop

....changing the title please? There, finished it for you.

• Advertisement

Will ya stop
    ....changing the title please?

Nah, stop ignoring a mod instruction.
    Mod: What are you, the fun police? Stop going on about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

....changing the title please? There, finished it for you.

are your parents cousins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: MikeyTaylor, don't post in this thread again.

Reason: an inane inability to lighten the fcuk up

if I could thank this post a thousand times I would..

That's a very funny reason to ask someone not to post in a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

That's a very funny reason to ask someone not to post in a thread.

You just don't ****ing learn, do you....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

I can lend her my hose pipe.

I do not like the changing title

I'm glad I'm not alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

Some saddo rubbing one out while composing it getting a kick out of it I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm glad I'm not alone.

MOD: Banned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There was an interesting discussion over on twitter regarding domestic violence and celebrities that is related to LON and co.

There's a really awful situation happening with Heather Locklear (she of Melrose Place...and little else, really) over in the US. She's been charged with domestic violence against her boyfriend (battered him to a bloody mess, according to reports), her mother (tried to stranger her) her father (hit him) and 3 police officers (kicking and punching)... yet the constant media reports are of the 'oh, show sympathy for her, poor woman, get Dr Phil, etc etc'...

You remember when allegations came out against Johnny Depp regarding domestic violence? Look how LON and co did, and still do, turn the old 'he's an abuser' switch every time his image appears, and even wanting him fired from Fantastic Beasts 2...
    Yet there's never an ounce of 'he may have been in a rocky patch, he was in a bad place etc' (charges have been filed against Locklear, in case I forgot to mention that). And the following, taken link below, are quotes she is alleged to have made against officers. (I hate using this site, it's trashy, but it has the police report).

“‘You f—— deserve your kids to die! You f—— deserve it!’ ” Hall said Locklear told Deputy Nesgis in the report. “‘And when you find yourself in that position, think of me!’ ”

“‘I hope no one f——- burns your entire department down, your f—— police department,’ ” Hall claims Locklear told deputies, according to the report. “Get the f— off my property. Don’t ever come on it. All of you are not allowed … I will shoot you if you come on my property and take that as a threat and f—— put another count against me.’ ”

Like I've said before, I have MH issues-but I can't feel sympathy for Locklear as a person when she so violently harms other people.

https://theblemish.com/2018/03/heather-locklear-beat-up-her-boyfriend-and-threatened-to-shoot-the-cops/

English model and tv personality Kelly Brook laughed off her domestic abuse of her former partner a while back if I recall correctly. Out and out said she punched him around on one of those Loose Women type shows. It's grand cos he's a bloke though. Maybe someone else can find the video, I'm out at the min.

Laughing about it on television. Progressive

Kelly Brook is no ordinary woman. Men have voted her the sexiest woman in the world; women have declared her to have the best British female body. And the world’s most politically incorrect deodorant, Lynx, reportedly paid her £1m to promote its Axe body spray. Oh and another thing, she thinks it’s funny to punch her boyfriends in the face.

The story had all but faded when the Jeremy Paxman of daytime television, Phillip Schofield, confronted Brook about her violence and she giggled, guffawed and smiled her way through the interview before indulging in a spot of victim-blaming, saying: “I’m not going to do that in the future, I’m just going to pick more wisely in the men I be with.” Ah yes, that’ll solve it Kelly. If you find yourself repeatedly punching your partners in the face, all you need to do is keep changing your partner until you find one you don’t want to punch.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/11/kelly-brook-punching-two-men-jason-statham-danny-cipriani-male-victims-violence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ross Kemp was derided too because his ex wife, that cnut that worked for Murdoch at the News of the World domestically abused him and the cops were called.

When his documentary show started there were comments saying "why wasn't he that brave at home?" / "haven't seen him that scared since his wife came home and slammed the door".

• Advertisement

Jonathan Pie with an analysis of Opression Olympics.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ross Kemp was derided too because his ex wife, that cnut that worked for Murdoch at the News of the World domestically abused him and the cops were called.

When his documentary show started there were comments saying "why wasn't he that brave at home?" / "haven't seen him that scared since his wife came home and slammed the door".

It is interesting how there's the minority of men out there who do violence to women, but that means we should have increasingly stronger measures (legal, social, media campaigns) to reduce/remove it... but the minority of women who engage in violence towards men, are tolerated. Ahh the double standards that are encouraged is frankly mind-boggling.

And what would have happened to Ross Kemp had he defended himself, the same as he would against attacks from another male? He'd be Crucified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Jonathan Pie with an analysis of Opression Olympics.

Could anyone make it through more than a minute of that video.

Why make a point when you can find an incredibly annoying YouTube celeb to make it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

LLMMLL wrote: »

Why make a point when you can find an incredibly annoying YouTube celeb to make it for you.

Oh jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I have to query your username and join date of 1999... Do have psychic powers, a working time machine (which I think everyone in this thread should get one go of, no questions asked) or is it possible to change one's username on vBulletin now? O_o

There is absolutely no way vegans and crossfitters were a "thing" in 1999. Dole scroungers, sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

LLMMLL wrote: »

Well people have tried making the point through various media, and yet as outlined in the video, the SJW censorship machine continues largely unchecked.

The Laura Ingalls saga is funny from the perspective of laughing at things which are f*cking ridiculous, yes. But the serious side to this kind of thing is being ignored. When people say "SJWs don't have any power and those who bash them online are exaggerating their influence hugely", they're ignoring incidents like this. This kind of crap wouldn't be happening without this absolutely vast movement in academia and the media to sanitise the entire world, past and present, for an audience which gets offended more easily than a mid-20th century elderly nun if she was exposed to the drawing scene from Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Has anyone seen Up the Women on bbc? I saw the ep where Emeline Pankhurst came to visit and thought it was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I have to query your username and join date of 1999... Do have psychic powers, a working time machine (which I think everyone in this thread should get one go of, no questions asked) or is it possible to change one's username on vBulletin now? O_o

There is absolutely no way vegans and crossfitters were a "thing" in 1999. Dole scroungers, sure :D

Need to be a subscriber I think to request a name change.

Or a mod :D

• Advertisement

Anyone been noticing how quickly the allegations of groping by Justin Trudeau are being ignored by the usual 'believe her' people?

Instead it was all the 'look at his outfit-he looks like an N Sync member'.

Very quick to ignore allegations against someone they deem 'handsome'...even if he's more handsy'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement