Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Stepping back for a moment. Is it possible, that the whole LON schtick is really just a case of the lady doth protest too much? That it is no cynical calculated career or revenue vein to mine. But that its all really just a cry for help? A desire to be taken, by a man, just a tad roughly, but really just as a bit of teasing play, and really, to be taken to heaven and back five times a day, Lord Flashheart style ? And the whole outrage angle, is just an expression of frustration, that men are backing off her. I dont know. Just a thought.

:P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH4sL9aq5t8E7fCgayL6m4e2-KCcXW_w4tsVSwcDUWN-cXLsn5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Wonder how LON would feel about this sign Limerick City Council display on their tractor?

Men at work. Are they implying women can’t drive a tractor or use a shovel?

LCC must be a right bunch of misogynists.
    Let’s form a mob

Snowflakes start your engines! Go go go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Wonder how LON would feel about this sign Limerick City Council display on their tractor?

Let’s form a mob

#cryingatmydesk

#Equalityforall

#Askingforit

Off topic, but another 'woke bae' Graham Linehan is trying to redeem himself via woke bae Jarlath Regan...

https://twitter.com/Jarlath/status/1016248729500880897

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

#cryingatmydesk

#Equalityforall

#Askingforit

Off topic, but another 'woke bae' Graham Linehan is trying to redeem himself via woke bae Jarlath Regan...

https://twitter.com/Jarlath/status/1016248729500880897

#outoftheloop on Graham Linehan - what happened?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I for one would not rat her out for using her hose as long as she gives me a good hose down :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

I think we need to tweet this Thread at her on Twitter.

#outoftheloop on Graham Linehan - what happened?

He sits on his high horse-then acts like a douche to people on twitter. He acts 'woke' yet then blocks when people call him out on his own screwups-and transphobia, among other things.

There's an entire list of things-just google the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He acts 'woke' yet then blocks when people call him out.

Par for the course for these types really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

He sits on his high horse-then acts like a douche to people on twitter. He acts 'woke' yet then blocks when people call him out on his own screwups-and transphobia, among other things.

There's an entire list of things-just google the guy.

apparently he started bullying this fella who he didn't agree with by putting up personal pics of him up and setting his minons onto him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Let’s form a mob

Well it's an antiquated sign. No [insert fun dismissive term] about it. Or are you saying women should be allowed sign on the dole forever? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

How would she feel about the Thai cave rescue?

https://twitter.com/RealElfwick/status/1016016023231885316?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It’s gotten to the stage where it’s hard to tell satire from stupidity, but this has to be satire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

How would she feel about the Thai cave rescue?

https://twitter.com/RealElfwick/status/1016016023231885316?s=19

I did laugh as this particular tweet though

Two middle aged white men in Thailand looking for young boys....

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,797 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ipso wrote: »
    It’s gotten to the stage where it’s hard to tell satire from stupidity, but this has to be satire!

Of course it is.

apparently he started bullying this fella who he didn't agree with by putting up personal pics of him up and setting his minons onto him

He's some scummy Alan B'Stard...

He also went around doing his 'Don't call Theresa May a 'C**t because it demeans women'...

....yet months prior people screengrabbed a tweet of his where called Theresa May a c**t...

What a plonker. I also found it 'off'-I have no other way to describe it, how he revealed his testicular cancer-especially in light of how, weeks later, he's doing his 'redemption' tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

indeed it is, one of the best satire twiiter accounts there is.
    He reached legendery status when he trolled the guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-racist-bigot-sam-harris-milo-yiannopoulos-islamophobia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Memo from Loopy: Henceforth, Ladybirds shall be referred to as Personbirds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,528 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

He's some scummy Alan B'Stard...

He also went around doing his 'Don't call Theresa May a 'C**t because it demeans women'...

....yet months prior people screengrabbed a tweet of his where called Theresa May a c**t...

What a plonker. I also found it 'off'-I have no other way to describe it, how he revealed his testicular cancer-especially in light of how, weeks later, he's doing his 'redemption' tour.

Jeez. It’s almost like he and his wife have differing opinions. So what if he holds an opinion that his wife doesn’t also hold?

I don’t care what side benefits he might get from talking about his experience of testicular cancer. Unless he lied about having testicular cancer or somehow deliberately contracted testicular cancer, then I think it’s both counterproductive and entirely stupid to criticise him for trying to raise awareness of a very real problem for men.

Unfortunately it’s almost always the same with men’s issues. It switches from ‘where’s the men’s health campaign?’ to ‘not this eejit talking about testicular cancer/mental health again’.

A: Why isn’t there an international men’s day like international women’s day, huh?
    B: There is an international men’s day. It’s November 19th.
    A: international men’s day. Meh. International days of X are stupid anyway.

It’s always the way unfortunately. The urge to tear down those who actually try to do something to make things better, lives alongside the victim hood that nobody is trying to do anything to make things better.

If the guy is talking about testicular cancer, then fair play to him on that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Jeez. It’s almost like he and his wife have differing opinions. So what if he holds an opinion that his wife doesn’t also hold?

I confused, what's the wife reference about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Will anyone ride her on the love island?

• Advertisement

Will anyone ride her on the love island?

Thread derailed again by hilarious mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,528 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

“He also went around doing his 'Don't call Theresa May a 'C**t because it demeans women'...

What a plonker.”

It’s in the post I quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

“He also went around doing his 'Don't call Theresa May a 'C**t because it demeans women'...

What a plonker.”

I still don't get the "wife" reference?

Are you reading "his where" as "his wife"?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What a plonker.”

What's in the post you quoted? Wife?

What a plonker.”

I never mentioned his wife-his wife's surname is Serafinowicz, he's not married to Theresa May...

Like...I don't think you read my post at all, I think you had a pre-prepared post ready and did a LON.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,797 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I never mentioned his wife-his wife's surname is Serafinowicz, he's not married to Theresa May...

Like...I don't think you read my post at all, I think you had a pre-prepared post ready and did a LON.

Anything to Peter?

Hope not, he'd give him a mauling.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Anything to Peter?

Yep, his sister. Linehan and Peter Serafinowicz are in-laws.
    Hope not, he'd give him a mauling.

Ray Park was the real MVP there.

Yep, his sister. Linehan and Peter Serafinowicz are in-laws.

Ray Park was the real MVP there.

Imagine what a Scouser Maul would sound like?

• Advertisement

Imagine what a Scouser Maul would sound like?

Park is Scottish-which makes the final fight in Phantom Menace two Scots men and an Irish guy having a football scrap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement