Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

Think all those lovely thanks you get for a witty retort or well thought out post boards. That dopamine hit is addictive. On twitter, all you have to do is be relatively famous. I'd be on there in a heartbeat. Hook it to my veins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Both LON and Blindboy actively use twitter which, in my opinion is far worse than boards. It's a breeding ground for so much worse. It's a platform for idiots to spout their horrible views but in a much much larger scale than boards. It's the breeding ground for the perpetually offended..

Of course. It's where all the right-on snowflakes gather in mobs and attack anyone who dares disagree with them. Look what happened to the actor Mark Duplass recently.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/mark-duplass-responds-ben-shapiro-tweet-disaster-1201985592/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Of course. It's where all the right-on snowflakes gather in mobs and attack anyone who dares disagree with them. Look what happened to the actor Mark Duplass recently.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/mark-duplass-responds-ben-shapiro-tweet-disaster-1201985592/

He cant even have an opinion without getting blasted for it. He agrees with something Shapiro said and now Mark Duplass is a racist homophobe. Shapiro has said some silly stuff but he is hardly a racist or a bigot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Ben Shapiro was very interesting and entertaining when he went on Bill Maher's show "Real Time".

Bill very much complimentary about him having the balls to go on unlike many conservatives.

That being said - what was it he actually did/said to receive the wrath of the "Twittersphere"???? He didn't want to tar and feather Trump and that is usually all it takes for the delicate flowers!

Rory28 wrote: »
    He cant even have an opinion without getting blasted for it. He agrees with something Shapiro said and now Mark Duplass is a racist homophobe. Shapiro has said some silly stuff but he is hardly a racist or a bigot.

A bigot is exactly how I would describe Shapiro

• Advertisement

Well done for missing the point

Given I have read about him and heard him speak - might you furnish me with an example ?

Ben Shapiro was very interesting and entertaining when he went on Bill Maher's show "Real Time".

Bill very much complimentary about him having the balls to go on unlike many conservatives.

That being said - what was it he actually did/said to receive the wrath of the "Twittersphere"???? He didn't want to tar and feather Trump and that is usually all it takes for the delicate flowers!

Yes I saw him on Maher. Bill seemed lost for words at some stages. The funny thing is he actually doesn't support Trump and has been very critical of him. No, it's just the usual liberal bullies despising anyone who disagrees with them.

Yes I saw him on Maher. Bill seemed lost for words at some stages. The funny thing is he actually doesn't support Trump and has been very critical of him. No, it's just the usual liberal bullies despising anyone who disagrees with them.

Very very true.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Why?

Be interesting to learn that!

I suspect DSR is correct and it's pure liberal nonsense!

For example - Shapiro mocked Black Panther when people tweeted it was about time a superhero film had a black hero.

He snapped back with "Blade" and was denounced further. Critical (or any other kind) thinking is not their strong suit!

Be interesting to learn that!

I suspect DSR is correct and it's pure liberal nonsense!

For example - Shapiro mocked Black Panther when people tweeted it was about time a superhero film had a black hero.

He snapped back with "Blade" and was denounced further. Critical (or any other kind) thinking is not their strong suit!

I made the same point about Blade at the time. How could everyone forget it? Blade was awesome. Black Panther was great too but Blade was the first black superhero on the big screen. Well unless you count Shaq. which you shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Don't know a lot about him. I saw a couple videos of him speaking on youtube a while back. Hes impressive and seems to back his points up with facts and figures. He is quite entertaining to listen to.

py2006 wrote: »
    Don't know a lot about him. I saw a couple videos of him speaking on youtube a while back. Hes impressive and seems to back his points up with facts and figures. He is quite entertaining to listen to.

Probably not "woke" enough.

Perhaps he needs to #BeMoreTupac

I couldn't be arsed finding actual examples right now. He's dogmatic in his opinions on abortion and trans people. Perhaps its his tone of voice that goes straight through me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Shapiro is fantastic. He stands up to liberals and calls them out on their nonsense, which is why they protest and label him. Its their hallmark.

I couldn't be arsed finding actual examples right now. He's dogmatic in his opinions on abortion and trans people. Perhaps its his tone of voice that goes straight through me.

Italics - You called him a bigot - would the examples not be in your head ?

Bold - Whereas liberals are eminently flexible and go with the flow ??

Yeah right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This is why the #Walkaway movement is gaining momentum in the US.

And it is this type of gob****ery that I can see leading Trump back into the White House in 2020 bar one of two things happening.

1. Trump dies in office (because he's not going to be impeached).
    2. A nuclear war erupts and then it's pretty much curtains for humanity anyway.

You mean you disagree with him

• Advertisement

You mean you disagree with him

Spot on.

Italics - You called him a bigot - would the examples not be in your head ?

Bold - Whereas liberals are eminently flexible and go with the flow ??

Yeah right.

I don't care about "liberals". Look up any youtube video of him talking about abortion or trans people. He is intolerant of other people's opinions on it. That's the definition of a bigot.

I don't care about "liberals". Look up any youtube video of him talking about abortion or trans people. He is intolerant of other people's opinions on it. That's the definition of a bigot.

No he isn't. He has his own opinion and he argues with others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Semantics

And again, that's the definition of the morons on Twitter.

He's prolife. So what ? I'm not. 30 odd percent of our country voted to keep the 8th. So what ? People have different opinions - I work with someone with very anti-gay views. I've actually had conversations with him. We disagree clearly but I respect him and would not shut down opinion or make anyone who agreed with him recant, or otherwise.

His views on trans people ? That they have a mental illness ? Not mental illness as such perhaps not, but genuine trans people do have a chromosomal/genetic (call it what you will) condition - it's called Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria and should and is treated very seriously as it should be - offering counselling, medication and gender confirmation surgery.

The whole gender fluidity b****cks (cf https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/theyby-gender-neutral-child-parents-raise-couple-kyl-myers-zoomer-a8286876.html) should indeed be mocked widely.

There is bigotry around and it's coming squarely from the hypocrites on the left.

Semantics

Hardly. You called him a bigot. Surely you can prove that he is (apart from getting us to go searching)? Otherwise, what does that make you?

It's getting to the stage where we must instantly accept <insert minority agenda> or else we're considered to be the worst of extreme opponents to it. God forbid that we query the practical considerations of that group, or their desire for more than equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Became they disagree with shapiro and his opinions so instead of explaining why they just label shapiro a bigot. I'm sure he's a racist, Nazi or some other buzz word the left like to throw about these days..

A devout Jew with family members killed in German concentration camps labelled a Nazi.

You really couldn't make it up.

Hardly. You called him a bigot. Surely you can prove that he is (apart from getting us to go searching)? Otherwise, what does that make you?

It's getting to the stage where we must instantly accept <insert minority agenda> or else we're considered to be the worst of extreme opponents to it. God forbid that we query the practical considerations of that group, or their desire for more than equality.

That link from the Independent - they kept their parents away from their grandSON so they could remain gender neutral or whatever the b*****it phrase is.

Here's an idea - do what my parents did; go "we have a daughter" and then not bad an eyelid when I played with cars, Meccano and was into sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

A devout Jew with family members killed in German concentration camps labelled a Nazi.

You really couldn't make it up.

Par for the course for the Far Left who go out to bat for the Palestinians, no questions asked.
    Just look at the Labour Party and the Anti-Semitic issues they are having in their party.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement