Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If the rumours are true and her and Ryan Tubridy are an item - can you imagine if they have kids ... the poisonous nonsense they will be brought up on.

Hopefully she never wants kids and Ryan has had enough.

I'd like her to have kids and for them to rebel against her.
    However I'd feel sorry if she had a boy for the going by the statements she has made in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Im getting this from earlier on on this thread, it could be total bollocks of course.

She may be a nutter yes, but he's a bit strange too - to say the least.

It will all fall apart when he discussed the budán he gets for JFK.
    Jonny wasn't exactly a "woke bae".

The Tupac vs Crooners dinner music is a recipe for disaster too.

pilly wrote: »
    What?? I thought Tubridy was happily married no?

No, he separated from his wife with well over a decade now. He did have a relationship with Aoibhinn ni Shuilleabhain which also ended.
    Claire Byrne, Gráinne Seoige, Síle Seoige and Miriam O'Callaghan marriages all ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'd like her to have kids and for them to rebel against her.
    However I'd feel sorry if she had a boy for the going by the statements she has made in the past.

can you imagine her twitter feed "ugg its a boy deffo not breastfeeding" "and he is not getting lego to play with"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

No, he separated from his wife with well over a decade now. He did have a relationship with Aoibhinn ni Shuilleabhain which also ended.
    Claire Byrne, Gráinne Seoige, Síle Seoige and Miriam O'Callaghan marriages all ended.

Jaysus I don't keep up to date with the Irish goss at all. He always gives the impression of a real old settled married man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

If the rumours are true and her and Ryan Tubridy are an item - can you imagine if they have kids ... the poisonous nonsense they will be brought up on.

Having worked in a bookshop which Ryan frequents, he seems to have decent taste judging by the books he talks about and recommends on his radio show. If it is true then I'm very surprised he'd find her interesting because her writing is utter tripe. I took great pleasure in never recommending any of her books to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Theres sonething delicious in LON being Tubs fcuk buddy, and he's no interest in a relationship...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is a serious step down from Aoibhinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Theres sonething delicious in LON being Tubs fcuk buddy, and he's no interest in a relationship...

Ah Jeasus will ya stop. You just assaulted me by putting that image in my mind. You may have ruined Valentine's Day for the missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Wombatman wrote: »
    Ah Jeasus will ya stop. You just assaulted me by putting that image in my mind. You may have ruined Valentine's Day for the missus.

He is absolutely piledriving it into her from behind while she's bent over the side of the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Ah he's no oil painting now in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pilly wrote: »
    Ah he's no oil painting now in fairness.

indeed he isnt and he was punching above his weight with Aoibhinn but the tables are turned now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah lads. Lads :D
    In the grand tradition of people like LON, can I suggest that this conversation now requires a "TRIGGER WARNING" for graphic mental images of Ryan Tubridy's hairy ballsack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Ye, she's beautiful. He was doing very well for himself.

FFS can we not keep it relevant to her lame views and her hypcrisy?

She's currently staying in the Fitzwilliam hotel and is wearing a dress from Dunnes and three people in Grafton Street stopped to admire it!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Ah lads. Lads :D
    In the grand tradition of people like LON, can I suggest that this conversation now requires a "TRIGGER WARNING" for graphic mental images of Ryan Tubridy's hairy ballsack?

#strokebae.... I mean bai

Roisin Ingle also Tweeted about her new book!

Cannot even explain how much I enjoyed reading #AlmostLove by @oneilllo ... as usual she hits the nail on the head about love, sex, emotional damage, friendship & toxic relationships. Read it in a few hours because it’s that kind of can’t-stop-reading-it book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

Roisin Ingle also Tweeted about her new book!

Cannot even explain how much I enjoyed reading #AlmostLove by @oneilllo ... as usual she hits the nail on the head about love, sex, emotional damage, friendship & toxic relationships. Read it in a few hours because it’s that kind of can’t-stop-reading-it book.

Lol - first good review but surprisingly it’s ftom one of her cheerleaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I said I don't know what type of event it is,a play or an interview or book signing or what. It sounded like a performance that was based on her writing so that's the issue. I think LON isn't a good role model for girls, she's too embittered and emotionally volatile and as has been said, doesn't agree with people being treated as innocent until proven guilty. IMO she even has a bad attitude to her own parents, treats her mother like a stupid servant, and doesn't demonstrate much personal integrity and responsibility..

She's too embittered? have you looked in the mirror lately?

You said you have no idea what it is and then said you feel sorry for people who go to it. You literally don't know what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is key. All the other subjects are just ammo for herself and #bleugh# squad.
    You know they will just cherry pick, if and when, they decide to try to cause a sh!tstorm in retaliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Grayson wrote: »
    I said I don't know what type of event it is,a play or an interview or book signing or what. It sounded like a performance that was based on her writing so that's the issue. I think LON isn't a good role model for girls, she's too embittered and emotionally volatile and as has been said, doesn't agree with people being treated as innocent until proven guilty. IMO she even has a bad attitude to her own parents, treats her mother like a stupid servant, and doesn't demonstrate much personal integrity and responsibility..

She's too embittered? have you looked in the mirror lately?

You said you have no idea what it is and then said you feel sorry for people who go to it. You literally don't know what you're talking about.
    Widdershins said he didn't know "exactly" what type of event it was. You've taken what he said and attempted to twist it to suit your own agenda in support of O'Neill.

In my opinion, her views are extreme, ill thought out, toxic and divisive. She is an awful role model for young people, especially impressionable young girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Be raised as a female feminist anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

who Hacked Ingle account? She has a Post about that Trinity Lecture fella

Her friends won't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I can't imagine living in a world where Louise O'Neill made it onto my radar on a daily basis. This thread is like stepping through the looking glass. She has finally, after all these years, made it on to my radar a little bit because of her play in the Abbey. But thankfully I can just not go.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

pjohnson wrote: »
    Be raised as a female feminist anyway.

Or a possible eunuch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Tubs is obviously a leg man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I’m so thrilled to reveal the final cover for #TheSurfaceBreaks, my feminist re-telling of #TheLittleMermaid. Coming with @scholasticuk in May.

I think she's taking the piss lads.

I’m so thrilled to reveal the final cover for #TheSurfaceBreaks, my feminist re-telling of #TheLittleMermaid. Coming with @scholasticuk in May.

I think she's taking the piss lads.

Hard to know to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I've decided I'm going to be a masculinist writer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement