Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I've decided I'm going to be a masculinist writer.
    Can you do a masculinist re-telling of Rocky III?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I've decided I'm going to be a masculinist writer.

Its about time someone took up the mantle Tom Clancy left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

So the little mermaid is about a mermaid who falls in love with a human prince and they live happily ever after.

This feminist retelling by our Louise will no doubt show that the prince was a misogynistic prick who just wanted to ride a drunken mermaid so he could tell all his mates in whatsapp/snapchat with obligatory pictures of said mermaid without her tail (the slut).

I'm gonna have to unfollow this thread for my sanity. Louise O'Neill will soon no longer exist as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Benildus wrote: »
    So the little mermaid is about a mermaid who falls in love with a human prince and they live happily ever after.

This feminist retelling by our Louise will no doubt show that the prince was a misogynistic prick who just wanted to ride a drunken mermaid so he could tell all his mates in whatsapp/snapchat with obligatory pictures of said mermaid without her tail (the slut).

'That's when Ariel got out of the board room meeting. She realised she didn't need money, man or slut shaming. She returned to the sea to live an independent life. The End.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm gonna have to unfollow this thread for my sanity. Louise O'Neill will soon no longer exist as far as I'm concerned.

She's very easily avoided so shouldn't be a problem for you. I'll be doing the same and probably check back in if I hear of her again in another few months. So far I've only heard of her twice outside AH.

She's very easily avoided so shouldn't be a problem for you. I'll be doing the same and probably check back in if I hear of her again in another few months. So far I've only heard of her twice outside AH.

I didn't know who she was either before this thread. She's like that journalist that was famous on here a few years ago, had that article on her apartment being in negative equity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

+1000

Boards are obsessed with a nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

pilly wrote: »
    +1000

You know it's not compulsory to read this thread? I like moaning about people who annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People have always talked about eccentric behavior. Louise o Neil is eccentric.
    I’m not into gossiping in real life. I think the thread draws me in because she’s so angry with men. It’s weirdly compelling.
    I feel sorry for her half the time.

• Advertisement

You know it's not compulsory to read this thread? I like moaning about people who annoy me.

Yeah, I know you're right, it's just that the thread is constantly popping up and morbid curiousity has me popping in.

Yeah, I know you're right, it's just that the thread is constantly popping up and morbid curiousity has me popping in.

Nothing wrong with a bit of morbid curiousity. That's why I enjoy reading this thread. Embrace it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The sad thing is she is not really a nobody and has a following that have some very weird and dangerous ideas

The sad thing is she is not really a nobody and has a following that have some very weird and dangerous ideas

When you say a following though does that equate to 100 followers on Twitter or whatever?

When you say a following though does that equate to 100 followers on Twitter or whatever?

Well, she does publish books and has been on the Late Late. Hardly irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

she got more the 100 followers I reckon. I be shocked if she had less then 15,000.

Just her ideas are scary. plus I love how she has her own Dictionary for some words and can change them to suit a Agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

she got more the 100 followers I reckon. I be shocked if she had less then 15,000.

Just her ideas are scary. plus I love how she has her own Dictionary for some words and can change them to suit a Agenda.

Ah you must not have got the memo.

Words can now be broken down the suit your agenda, or to use against other people by deliberately misinterpreting what they said.

1200px-Ingsoc_logo_from_1984.svg.png

Well, she does publish books and has been on the Late Late. Hardly irrelevant.

Ah maybe I just switch off at that point, I can honestly say I've never seen her. Could be just because I tend to ignore that SJW ****.

Ah maybe I just switch off at that point, I can honestly say I've never seen her. Could be just because I tend to ignore that SJW ****.

Ye I hear ya. I'm not really a fan of either the SJW crowd or the anti-SJW crowd. Both are a turn off. But she's another level of crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Could be just because I tend to ignore that SJW ****.

Except you started this thread only yesterday!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106139473

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote:
    Except you started this thread only yesterday!

I Did! Relevance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

So you keep telling everyone on SJW threads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Diana Warm Litter

I’ve a feeling she’s going to be appearing more and more on rte (had a documentary- and rte will prob go to her as the go to girl on rape issues) as she seems to try and buddy up on twitter to vouge and the like and she riles up people ... I wouldn’t leave her near any medium but sure I can see rte exploiting her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

We are forced to pay the license fee. I think we should be RTE know we aren't happy at a sexist being pushed by our national broadcaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

+1000

And you're obsessed with people's obsessions, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think Sam Boland has left Twitter!

No!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Damn. How will we know whats racist, sexist and transphobic from now on?

Ah no not Sam :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Louise is in the Irish Times Magazine this week end and guess who asked her the questions?
    Una Mullally, so it should be a hard hitting interview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement