Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Nah, she'd wait 20 years to ruin your life, possible announcing it at your funeral, then be like 'but forget I said anything'.

LON would wait three weeks, but then use grey area language like 'non-consensual'- never mind 'non-consensual' has a scale, ie 'different, but I liked it' to 'they violated my body'.

I think Louise is going to look back at her whole shtick in twenty years time and cringe. The same way the average person looks back at their teenage years. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Reading between the lines :pac:
    I read your post and the post you were replying to. Pretty clear what you were getting at. You’re just wriggling now.

Go ahead, tell me where I said she was a nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I think Louise is going to look back at her whole shtick in twenty years time and cringe. The same way the average person looks back at their teenage years. Ah well.

Meh, my every year is embarassing. No difference to any day. LON thinks she's golden.

I'd say a lot of people might cringe when they look back on what they've posted on this thread. Not me though, because my posts are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Go ahead, tell me where I said she was a nobody.

Let’s not get bogged down with semantics. It’s clear to see what you implied when you read the chain of posts leading up to it.

• Advertisement

Let’s not get bogged down with semantics. It’s clear to see what you implied when you read the chain of posts leading up to it.

Who's wriggling now?

(lest there be any doubt, you are, Will. I, on the other hand, am not)

Meh, my every year is embarassing. No difference to any day. LON thinks she's golden.

Wait until she grows up. It'll hit her when she's trying to sleep. Her twitter posts will be running through her head in shackles haunting her. Like the two boys from The Muppet's.

latest?cb=20130504224401
    I'd say a lot of people might cringe when they look back on what they've posted on this thread. Not me though, because my posts are good.

But you are the chosen one Hapax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Maybe but type Sweetemotion into google and you will get directed to a kickass song from Aerosmith and probably an intro to a great movie called Dazed and Confused.

Type Louise O'Neill into google and it's a different scale of cringe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Wait until she grows up. It'll hit her when she's trying to sleep. Her twitter posts will be running through her head in shackles haunting her. Like the two boys from The Muppet's.

latest?cb=20130504224401

But you are the chosen one Hapax.

in fairness in 20 years people will be asking what was twitter and boards. they wont remeber what anyone has posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

in fairness in 20 years people will be asking what was twitter and boards. they wont remeber what anyone has posted

They'll be to busy flying around on jet packs.

At least I hope so anyway. I really want a jet pack.:o

• Advertisement

Who's wriggling now?

(lest there be any doubt, you are, Will. I, on the other hand, am not)

You can pretend it’s not what you meant all you like. I used the word “nobody” hyperbolically. Doesn’t change the fact that the 2 posts of yours I quoted contradicted each other.

You can pretend it’s not what you meant all you like. I used the word “nobody” hyperbolically. Doesn’t change the fact that the 2 posts of yours I quoted contradicted each other.

All this wriggling can't be good for you.

All this wriggling can't be good for you.

This is getting boring. Your posts are there for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

71317207.jpg

This is getting boring. Your posts are there for all to see.

Yes, I'd say it gets boring when you've been proven wrong.

Desperate stuff. You're just embarrassing yourself now, literally highlighting the fact that I didn't say she was a 'nobody'.

Desperate stuff. You're just embarrassing yourself now, literally highlighting the fact that I didn't say she was a 'nobody'.

I don’t care if you said a certain word or not. I used that word, you’re just using that to try and gloss over your 2 polar opposite statements.

You can have the last word that you’re so desperate to have, I won’t be replying any further.

Lads you're two men. You should be fighting together.

I don’t care if you said a certain word or not. I used that word, you’re just using that to try and gloss over your 2 polar opposite statements.

Hang on, you don't care whether I said the thing that you wrongly claimed I said? It'd be much easier (and perhaps less embarrassing) for you if you could be big enough to admit that you (willfully or otherwise) misinterpreted my post.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'd say it gets boring when you've been proven wrong.

Where the hell have we been proven wrong you sad case you?! :rolleyes:

I think I still follow her on Twitter (I don't agree with some of what she writes, but anyone who annoys some of the... characters on AH is a good egg, as far as I'm concerned), but her name seems to pop up a lot more here than there. Like, a lot.

Ah yeah that is great logic no doubt. 'Ill just assume she is right since she is getting a rise out of nameless faceless strangers on the internet for her behaviour' :rolleyes: ...... You are one fúckin sad case.

The reasons for not liking this lady are pretty clear. I guess you just have to have a shred of intelligence to get them.

Ah yeah that is great logic no doubt. 'Ill just assume she is right since she is getting a rise out of nameless faceless strangers on the internet for her behaviour' :rolleyes: ...... You are one fúckin sad case.

The reasons for not liking this lady are pretty clear. I guess you just have to have a shred of intelligence to get them.

Well, you're very rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm delighted with my posts in this thread. Sometimes famous writers(Either novels/articles) say her books are must read for teenage girls and parents should buy them.
    This thread highlights the comments she made about her grandfather, comments about uncles/relatives/boyfriends/her comments about women being expected to marry well/ her view on the justice system/her use of the word troll. The thread highlights these issues for parents who might consider buying her books or school teachers who may be considering inviting her to there schools for talks.
    The can do whatever they want at the end of the day but at least they know where she stands with issues.

I'm delighted with my posts in this thread.

They're not as good as mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

They're not as good as mine.

BpfcB7pCcAAdnCP.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I'm delighted with my posts in this thread. Sometimes famous writers(Either novels/articles) say her books are must read for teenage girls and parents should buy them.
    This thread highlights the comments she made about her grandfather, comments about uncles/relatives/boyfriends/her comments about women being expected to marry well/ her view on the ju
    stice system/her use of the word troll. The thread highlights these issues for parents who might consider buying her books or school teachers who may be considering inviting her to there schools for talks.
    The can do whatever they want at the end of the day but at least they know where she stands with issues.

Can't speak for anyone else but if my parents or teacher told me to read a book as a teenager, I would likely responded by rolling my eyes or dismissing them. Many teenagers don't look to their parents and teachers for guidance on books or music or films and consider them decidedly uncool.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Can't speak for anyone else but if my parents or teacher told me to read a book as a teenager, I would likely responded by rolling my eyes or dismissing them. Many teenagers don't look to their parents and teachers for guidance on books or music or films and consider them decidedly uncool.

It often depended on the teacher, tbh. Like, some had enthusiasm that made you wanna read the darn book. I know in Leaving Cert years (5th and 6th) that I had those teachers.
    On the other hand, in my JC years, the darn teacher I had for English did not encourage anyone to read.

I know this is off topic, but wondering what people make of this-like would a woman be flattered if a guy tried to trace her? (Btw, I actually found this story kinda sweet, not creepy). I mean, I believe if you feel there is a connection, say something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5473647/Woman-liked-Yodel-driver-invites-HOUSE.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It often depended on the teacher, tbh. Like, some had enthusiasm that made you wanna read the darn book. I know in Leaving Cert years (5th and 6th) that I had those teachers.
    On the other hand, in my JC years, the darn teacher I had for English did not encourage anyone to read.

I know this is off topic, but wondering what people make of this-like would a woman be flattered if a guy tried to trace her? (Btw, I actually found this story kinda sweet, not creepy). I mean, I believe if you feel there is a connection, say something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5473647/Woman-liked-Yodel-driver-invites-HOUSE.html

Ah yeah, cos she's beautiful.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, cos she's beautiful.

Depends, if you're into that type of girl.

But if the role was reversed, genuine question, would it be as sweet?

Or would LON and co be calling it 'stalker' and 'privilege' at work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement