Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

_Dara_ wrote: »
    And you decided that I was one of them. That's literally all it was - you deciding. Nothing else to go on.

And, I'm sorry, this thread is overkill. There are media figures I loathe - so I just avoid them. Easy peasy. LON is one of them, I suppose. I'm not sure I loathe her - she just is a basket case.

You’re finding it very hard to avoid a thread about her all the same.
    You’re up to number 1 in the post count for this thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I wonder if Louise is reading this thread. She has to be surely.

Subconsciously I presume everyone who has anything to do with the entertainment industry is drinking rum and snorting coke on a superyacht in the bahamas or being handed a bowl of yellow M&Ms by some member of their entourage in some mad posh New York hotel but the truth is often more ordinary than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Being known by anyone outside the RTE canteen is not a requirement to appear on the Late Late Show.
    Have a look at the guests that have been on this show. Non-entities usually flogging a book or else it's RTE staff promoting an RTE show.
    The Nielsen Tam method of ratings is starting to be questioned now, thankfully. It's utterly flawed,particularly now.
    I don't know how RTE get away with it.
    Advertisers are finally starting to ask questions.

Don't forget Ryan made a little girl cry...yeah, that was TV the night the youtuber was on. (Jacksepticeye, I don't watch his videos, but he's popped up in a few channels I do watch). Rivetting stuff.

Another night was a couple who's dog returned after a year...wonder if she ran away again after being subjected to Ryan.
    Most famous person he had a week or two ago was Richard Gere-wonder if he botched up that interview.
    (I'm googling these people).
    Even the music acts are brutal-Christy Moore's sister, and Cliona Hagan.
    _Dara_ wrote: »
    There are frequently guests on that show that I and I’d say many others have no clue who they are. There was some Irish youtuber on it a few weeks back. A Snapchatter a few weeks before that. They might as well have been called Mumbly Joe 1 and Mumbly Joe 2 for all I knew about them.

Snapchatters and instagrammers are sort of like an experiment that was in 'Starsuckers'-tell people 'I'm famous' when in actuality, you're nobody. But they gets on TV cos they're gay and diversity and RTE know nothing about fame or technology.
    It's been a mainstay of RTE, tbh-have people on who we are told are 'great'.
    I mean, for how long were we subjected to 'Billy Barry kids'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,145 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Don't forget Ryan made a little girl cry...yeah, that was TV the night the youtuber was on. (Jacksepticeye, I don't watch his videos, but he's popped up in a few channels I do watch). Rivetting stuff.

Ahh now, much as I have no time for Tubridy, O' Neill, or her "woke bae" with the plastic bag on his bonce, I think you're stretching things a bit there to say Tubridy was responsible for a child being emotionally overcome at meeting her idol (with 18 million followers on YouTube btw, LON and BBB aren't even in the same league), but here's the clip in question -

There's no comparison between an absolute gentleman, and the kind of people like LON and that gimp that have disappeared so far up their own holes they imagine themselves to have more influence than they actually do in reality.

There's no comparison between an absolute gentleman, and the kind of people like LON and that gimp that have disappeared so far up their own holes they imagine themselves to have more influence than they actually do in reality.

Have a feeling I might be talking to the youtuber in question. (JK)
    He was a gentleman, for sure, and much more competent than the majority of guests the LLS gets,
    But it's much funnier to spin it as 'Ryan made a little girl cry'. ;)

Anyone read about this case? Would LON call this guy a rapist on twitter?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5475721/Yorkshire-man-stuck-finger-womans-bottom-didnt-assault-her.html

Long story short-guy gets lucky to have sex with a woman, she claims he inserted his finger in her butt, and told him to stop. Well, he claimed he didn't insert any finger in her butt, and hence a court case. Bit bizarre, but he didn't get convicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Anyone read about this case? Would LON call this guy a rapist on twitter?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5475721/Yorkshire-man-stuck-finger-womans-bottom-didnt-assault-her.html

Long story short-guy gets lucky to have sex with a woman, she claims he inserted his finger in her butt, and told him to stop. Well, he claimed he didn't insert any finger in her butt, and hence a court case. Bit bizarre, but he didn't get convicted.
    I think it's time you stop reading Daily Mail.

I heard there is a good column in Examiner by some well know writter which could fill the void Daily Mail left.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think it's time you stop reading Daily Mail.

I heard there is a good column in Examiner by some well know writter which could fill the void Daily Mail left.

I felt dirty just reading that...I know the writer you're hinting at too...:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,746 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Apply early for your tickets to the stage play 'Asking For It'.
    Posters here have priority access.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/cast-revealed-for-stage-adaptation-of-louise-oneills-book-831672.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

International Don't Feed the Troll day

Well, Jodie Foster did the story excellently in the film, the Accused This is is running the same furrow.
    May be excellent play, certainly uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Isn’t she meant to be dating Ryan? If the rumours are true then we can expect this interview to be pedantically rehearsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

anna080 wrote: »
    Isn’t she meant to be dating Ryan? If the rumours are true then we can expect this interview to be pedantically rehearsed

If I was a Ryan and the rumors were true I'd be slightly terrified because if the relationship ended just imagine the articles that would be written about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

If I was a Ryan and the rumors were true I'd be slightly terrified because if the relationship ended just imagine the articles that would be written about him.

Yup, Ryan probably wouldn't want articles about having a tiny willy making it into the mass media. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

There'll 100% be people from this thread tuning in tonight who never watch the late late analysing every word claiming they're not obsessed with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

You’re finding it very hard to avoid a thread about her all the same.
    You’re up to number 1 in the post count for this thread :pac:

It's getting a little tiring constantly reading snipey posts about posters who seem 'obsessed', while themselves seeming obsessed by such posters and repeatedly coming back to point out the same thing again and again and again.

givyjoe wrote: »
    It's getting a little tiring constantly reading snipey posts about posters who seem 'obsessed', while themselves seeming obsessed by such posters and repeatedly coming back to point out the same thing again and again and again.

There’s an unfollow option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

What time is this little hottie on ?

LLMMLL wrote: »
    There'll 100% be people from this thread tuning in tonight who never watch the late late analysing every word claiming they're not obsessed with her.

There's nothing too low or too petty for this thread. It reflects badly on it's regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

What time is this little hottie on ?

Probably stuck in between a interview with somebody a small bit actual famous and some person whose family relation was killed by a wasp sting or a badger bite

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Talented writer, published author, voice of her generation, chronicler mould breaker at the forefront of a social revolution, thumb on the pulse of the zeitgeist, perceptive thinker and commentator on contemporary society, courageous caller-out of injustice, 'influencer', engaging, charming, has own driver, looks swell in a natty onesie, and is a good looking lass to boot.

Whats not to understand ?:confused:

Paddy Jackson will be on the phone for press release I'm sure. You are proof you CAN polish a turd.

• Advertisement

What do ye think she's going to wear?

I half expect her to be rockin' some kind of genderless leotard..

What do ye think she's going to wear?

I half expect her to be rockin' some kind of genderless leotard..

Whats Tubridy going to wear more like? He can't wear the usual cheap wedding suit, that will be way, way too much male patriarchal effrontery for our LouLou

Candie wrote: »
    There's nothing too low or too petty for this thread. It reflects badly on it's regulars.

All she has to do is not be a massive bellend and there won’t be much to comment on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

All she has to do is not be a massive bellend and there won’t be much to comment on.

Knowing this thread, people will manage to comment on not much. I've got the popcorn in already.

Knowing this thread, people will manage to comment on not much. I've got the popcorn in already.

The popcorn is always here!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

tenor.gif

Ye'll be spoilt tonight. Pippa O'Connor looks to be first on.

Water John wrote: »
    Ye'll be spoilt tonight. Pippa O'Connor looks to be first on.

What Pippa related product will she have now?

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement