Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m all for calling her out on the shiite she writes but surely she can plan a bloody hen party without it getting analysed?

Had to read that twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

You'd feel sorry for whatever poor bastard rocks up to that hen party as a stripper..I'd say he'll be violated..

Sure men can't be objectified or violated-according to LON anyways. Only men do that... (God,I tried typing that, and couldn't believe how stupid I felt).

Sure it's no wonder the nonsense she spouts-look at what was shared on the 'Cork feminist Collective'... (the comments are calling it out for the sensationalist bullcrap it is).

https://www.facebook.com/CorkFeministCollective/photos/a.157818860928863.31465.129123503798399/1825045334206199/?type=3&theater

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Sure it's no wonder the nonsense she spouts-look at what was shared on the 'Cork feminist Collective'... (the comments are calling it out for the sensationalist bullcrap it is).

https://www.facebook.com/CorkFeministCollective/photos/a.157818860928863.31465.129123503798399/1825045334206199/?type=3&theater

Their comeback will be that it's all rapists who are criticizing them. Logical, reasoned argument will never work with these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,769 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sure men can't be objectified or violated-according to LON anyways. Only men do that... (God,I tried typing that, and couldn't believe how stupid I felt).

Just looked at that page and a pro=life TD that got a bit off abuse for not backing the referendum likes the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Loopy Lou and Una Doolally are having brunch tomorrow so that they can discuss collaborating on a project!

S08E08_24.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They’re going to need a bigger cauldron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

pjohnson wrote: »
    They get awfully triggered when she is mocked.

Some people on here seem to get awfully triggered every time she appears on television, writes something or even tweets something.

I thought this thread had died a few days ago, when it dropped off the front page, but thankfully the weirdness continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

You can make quite a bit of money out of this Belfast trial, if you want to be straight up about it.

A television series about some wan who gets raped by some evil GAA lads and no one believes her. Tap into the #Ibelieveher market.

They'd probably have the contacts to put something like that together with this brunch thing. If so, bravo! It's a clever move.

Could make a lot of money off of it. Just like Emma Donahoue did with the book Room and play it off in interviews as "well, this was a story that had to be told".

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

You were very vocal on this thread about her irrelevance but this is exactly the sort of thing that people like LON are influencing.

Wow, you are reeeaaally hung up on this, aren’t you? Let it go, for the love of jaysus.

But... I’ll address it. There’s no indication of where she formed her views. She just seems like a dumbass. They exist everywhere. This is not the smoking gun you think it is. Thinking that it proves LON’s influence is flawed reasoning. Almost as flawed as the reasoning that has provoked the daft protests of the last few days.

I had planned to avoid this thread since whenever I last posted. But I tend to respond to posts that quote me. Seriously, let it go, neither of us is going to change our viewpoint. I don’t think she weilds much influence. You want to win the argument. Good for you. Dragging posts from other threads is not interesting for anyone else to read. Give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Wow, you are reeeaaally hung up on this, aren’t you? Let it go, for the love of jaysus.

But... I’ll address it. There’s no indication of where she formed her views. She just seems like a dumbass. They exist everywhere. This is not the smoking gun you think it is. Thinking that it proves LON’s influence is flawed reasoning. Almost as flawed as the reasoning that has provoked the daft protests of the last few days.

I had planned to avoid this thread since whenever I last posted. But I tend to respond to posts that quote me. Seriously, let it go, neither of us is going to change our viewpoint. I don’t think she weilds much influence. You want to win the argument. Good for you. Dragging posts from other threads is not interesting for anyone else to read. Give it up.

Don’t tell me what to do thanks. I’m not trying to win anything, just trying to explain to you why people are hung up on her.
    Her and her ilk influence young women and some men whether you believe it or not.

Your post I quoted, the one with the tweet that you were disgusted by, is exactly the line of thinking perpetuated by LON.

• Advertisement

Don’t tell me what to do thanks. I’m not trying to win anything, just trying to explain to you why people are hung up on her.
    Her and her ilk influence young women and some men whether you believe it or not.

Your post I quoted, the one with the tweet that you were disgusted by, is exactly the line of thinking perpetuated by LON.

Don’t get narky because I pointed out the pettiness of your post.

We still have no clue whether the tweeter knows who LON is. So my opinion remains unchanged.

Oh and, yup, you’re not supposed to drag stuff in from other threads. And you were aware of that fact yourself, you acknowledged it in your post. But points-scoring was more important. Whatever floats your boat, bud.

Don’t get narky because I pointed out the pettiness of your post.

We still have no clue whether the tweeter knows who LON is. So my opinion remains unchanged.

Oh and, yup, you’re not supposed to drag stuff in from other threads. And you were aware of that fact yourself, you acknowledged it in your post. But points-scoring was more important. Whatever floats your boat, bud.

I’m not aware of any rule and I’m not at all narky. Please stop telling me what to do, how I feel and what I know, thanks.

I’m not aware of any rule and I’m not at all narky. Please stop telling me what to do, how I feel and what I know, thanks.

Don’t be so brittle.

We could get caught in a “Don’t tell me what to do” feedback loop here as, you’ll note, you appear to instructing me above. ;)

Dragging stuff from other threads as ammo is frowned upon. But, you know that as you apologised for cross-posting in the post in which you quoted me. You appear to have been aware that it’s frowned upon, otherwise why mention it?

Don’t be so brittle.

We could get caught in a “Don’t tell me what to do” feedback loop here as, you’ll note, you appear to instructing me above. ;)

Dragging stuff from other threads as ammo is frowned upon. But, you know that as you apologised for cross-posting in the post in which you quoted me. You appear to have been aware that it’s frowned upon, otherwise why mention it?

It wasn’t ammo. You took it as ammo. My apology for cross posting wasn’t directed at you. It was for anyone else that might not have read the other thread and didn’t know what was going on. Frowned upon? Couldn’t care less. If it’s in the charter then that’s different.

It wasn’t ammo. You took it as ammo. My apology for cross posting wasn’t directed at you. It was for anyone else that might not have read the other thread and didn’t know what was going on. Frowned upon? Couldn’t care less. If it’s in the charter then that’s different.

Well, anyway, it was petty. It hasn’t convinced me.

Goodnight. I WAS done with this thread. I think I need to revise my ‘always reply when someone quotes you’ rule. Should’ve ignored your post. Oh well. Live and learn.

Their comeback will be that it's all rapists who are criticizing them. Logical, reasoned argument will never work with these people.

It's mostly women-so it will be probably be the 'internalised misogyny' crud.
    Just looked at that page and a pro=life TD that got a bit off abuse for not backing the referendum likes the page.

I suppose you could argue one can be a feminist, and still be pro-life.

Or she may agree with the 'rape' part-even though different countries, different laws.

I suppose you could argue one can be a feminist, and still be pro-life.

Yeah..can you not?..You'd think the feminists would be the ones coming out against it..

Yeah..can you not?..You'd think the feminists would be the ones coming out against it..

I think there's been instances of that in the USA-feminists against abortion I mean.

http://www.feministsforlife.org/

They claim abortion means that women's needs have not been met-that abortion is the result of lack of education or choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

pjohnson wrote: »
    They get awfully triggered when she is mocked.

Must be like the 70's or something if someone mocked god the outrage it causes.

It's a little hypocritical to accuse others in this thread of being triggered no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Some people on here seem to get awfully triggered every time she appears on television, writes something or even tweets something.

I thought this thread had died a few days ago, when it dropped off the front page, but thankfully the weirdness continues.

I'm pretty sure this thread will go on for years after LON has died and will basically be updating us on what her grandchildren are up to in their day to day lives.

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this thread will go on for years after LON has died and will basically be updating us on what her grandchildren are up to in their day to day lives.

We just have to hope if her kids/grandkids are men that they aren't white straight men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Anyone who belittles men at every opportunity and speaks of a rape culture amongst Irish men will most certainly not be having children any time soon.

Well maybe with a non White man from a distant land who has never googled her.

Actually, it would be a sperm donor.

I'm just watching The Inbetweeners now on E4. I've a funny feeling Louise isn't a fan.

I'm just watching The Inbetweeners now on E4. I've a funny feeling Louise isn't a fan.

I'm watching The Green Mile now on Channel 4. No idea whether Louise O'Neill is a fan because it's not something I've ever thought about. Might watch Supervet after that. Again, maybe she's a fan, maybe she's not.

I'm watching The Green Mile now on Channel 4. No idea whether Louise O'Neill is a fan because it's not something I've ever thought about. Might watch Supervet after that. Again, maybe she's a fan, maybe she's not.

Going by the sexual language used in The Inbetweeners I'd doubt she likes it. It's everything she hates. It's the type of culture she's always on about hating. That's what made me think of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Going by the sexual language used in The Inbetweeners I'd doubt she likes it. It's everything she hates. It's the type of culture she's always on about hating. That's what made me think of her.

I was watching it as well and wondering the same thing. It's very funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I will not have a bad word said about The Inbetweeners by anyone, including Jesus. It remains one of the best show ever to come out of England.

Except the 2nd movie. Utter crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Louise would have enjoyed the wall to wall make suffering

Probably would have considered it sexual assault when the big black Jesus healed the governors wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Louise would have enjoyed the wall to wall make suffering

Probably would have considered it sexual assault when the big black Jesus healed the governors wife

It's not the blacks it's the straight white males she's after.

• Advertisement

It's not the blacks it's the straight white males she's after.

The black guy...
    turned out to be innocent...

Which probably ruined the film for a lot of AH posters. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement