Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Would you though?...

I dunno. Apparently flirting is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I had a quick look at LLMMLL's posts to see if she was into rugby or fair city or whatever..

The first three pages of posts consisted of posts from this thread and the Belfast rape trial thread..I did'nt want to go any further..

Go on LLMMLL...are you really an author and feminist icon/influencer who lives at home with her parents in her thirties?

I went the other way and looked at the last pages. For someone that spent so much time discussing rape culture in this thread, I had to laugh...
    Most people I know haven't even heard of rape culture. The issue here is people searching for articles on rape culture so they can get angry about it. Just be like everyone else and ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always thought LLMMLL was bisexual or gay male.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

The mystery continues.....

It's Louise O Neill..

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I don't really find you work. It's more like debating with a dystopian AI that has been programmed with a set of principles, some rudimentary logic, and zero empathy. I find it kinda fun to see what horrible cruel conclusion your cold principles will lead to next.

Strange. I haven't stated anything about you personally. Nor have I insulted your posts except that I found it too much hard work to have a discussion with you.

Ok, I'll start changing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭JRant

backspin. wrote: »
    Common sense like that is 'problematic' these days klaz.

I'm not sure why or when it happened but it now seems that telling people to look after themselves is akin to verbally assaulting someone.

No endeavor in life in 100% risk free but the best we can do is not make it easy for the lowlives that are out there, and make no mistake they are out there.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yeah, she was strangely quiet when a horrific rape case-here in Ireland-by a, I believe, Brazilian Bus Driver, went to court and earned the guy a conviction.
    And that case was horrific-poor girl suffered lifelong injuries, will require surgeries well into old age, and can't even give birth naturally.

LON stayed silent-it didn't fit her agenda.

Yes, it really bugs me, it's this bigotry of low expectations.
    What these cretins don't realise is they are the f*cking racists here!

"Oh oh I better not tweet about that case, cos well he is XXXX race and
    I expect this from his culture" - YOU F*CKING RACIST!!!

They don't even see the irony.

Also, 2nd point , it shows me she's not a feminist , she is emotional will have you believe she will tweet about anything wrongly done to any woman ... yet - she says nothing with this case, with Ali Selim and the FGM, with the above case etc ....

She's not a feminist - she just hates men - white cisgender men it would seem !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Yes, it really bugs me, it's this bigotry of low expectations.
    What these cretins don't realise is they are the f*cking racists here!

"Oh oh I better not tweet about that case, cos well he is XXXX race and
    I expect this from his culture" - YOU F*CKING RACIST!!!

They don't even see the irony.

Also, 2nd point , it shows me she's not a feminist , she is emotional will have you believe she will tweet about anything wrongly done to any woman ... yet - she says nothing with this case, with Ali Selim and the FGM, with the above case etc ....

She's not a feminist - she just hates men - white cisgender men it would seem !!

Yeah-LON and her ilk have that mentality, accuse people of being racist whilst conforming to their own institutionalised racism. They put people into 'blocks' from which they cannot leave. It's totally crazy.
    As one person argued, they don't talk about other races, or the crimes they commit, because it's almost 'expected' of them-no respect for those individuals.
    It's a patronising and ugly attitude.

When LON said 'she can't keep her feminism in a relationship with a man' to me is like saying 'I can't be vegan when I drive past mcdonalds'...it shows her infallibility, that her 'message' is not real.

The notion of 'White cisgender' rubbish is trash over here. I mean, to quote an African American comedian, 'Ireland is white people's Africa-it's where they make white people'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is Lon really going after the presidency? Oh God imagine if it came down to her and Bertie :eek:
    Just like Trump and Hillary; no matter who wins, we all lose.

• Advertisement

Is Lon really going after the presidency? Oh God imagine if it came down to her and Bertie :eek:

If anybody is on Twitter they should ask her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

If anybody is on Twitter they should ask her.

dont give her ideas.
    it would all be mens fault when she get 46 votes

dont give her ideas.
    it would all be mens fault when she get 46 votes

I don't think she's old enough!

I don't think she's old enough!

what age do you have to be and what age is she

what age do you have to be and what age is she

I think you have to be 35 and she's 33!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Yeah, she is too young to run but it is possible she wouldn't win the election anyway due to systemic and repulsive sexism:)

Yeah, she is too young to run but it is possible she wouldn't win the election anyway due to systemic and repulsive sexism:)

there is no way she could win.
    she would run away and cry when she would have to stand up and defend her beliefs at a debate

She'd probably end up declaring war on Russia or something during that time of the month..

She could set up a feminist party and run candidates in the next general election all around the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I think it'd be amazing. Imagine the hypocritical fraud having to defend her disgusting, vile views in a debate.

She'd be completely exposed for the hateful, divisive, money grabbing charlatan that she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Never see that happen. Truths would have to be told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

She'd probably end up declaring war on Russia or something during that time of the month..

Ah here, if she was elected I'd fcuking move to Russia!

Vote Louise to send all white heterosexual males to jail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Vote Louise to send all with heterosexual males to jail!

....who are also white

apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

She'd want the Isle of Mann invaded for a start and re-purposed as a gulag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

this thread is beyond weird. Ye are obsessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I honestly have no clue who this person is......should I know her from something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

optogirl wrote: »
    this thread is beyond weird. Ye are obsessed

You support blatant hate and sexism being platformed by mainstream media? I thought women fought against that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

cantdecide wrote: »
    You support blatant hate and sexism being platformed by mainstream media? I thought women were against that kind of thing.

You thought women were all against something? Is one of the things you dislike about LO'N that she tends to generalise and put words in people's mouths?

I wasn't commenting on LO'N herself - it's just that each time I log into Boards I see her name but rarely see it anywhere else. It's a weird thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

optogirl wrote: »
    it's just that each time I log into Boards I see her name but rarely see it anywhere else. It's a weird thing.

It's not weird, at all. It just means the scope of your internet usage doesn't include the numerous other places where she would appear, or where her name would be mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement