Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I was listening to todayfm the other day. The female presenter was talking about the so called wage gap. She took calls from women who agreed with her and referrered to texts from men who questioned it. She refered to all the texts, dismissively, as "strawMEN" arguments .

She did however acknowledge that women make different choices. But instead of taking ownership of said choice she was asking, "what can companies do to make women make better choices?"

py2006 wrote: »
    I was listening to todayfm the other day. The female presenter was talking about the so called wage gap. She took calls from women who agreed with her and referrered to texts from men who questioned it. She refered to all the texts, dismissively, as "strawMEN" arguments .

She did however acknowledge that women make different choices. But instead of taking ownership of said choice she was asking, "what can companies do to make women make better choices?"

It's not as if responsibility for life choices is fashionable these days. Instead, women are always the victim, always need a helping hand towards (past) equality, but, don't ever publicly acknowledge that need because women are easily equal, if not better than the male gender for everything.

Girl Power, Yeah!

^^^^I grew up with Anne Doyle and Evelyn Cusack delivering the news and weather to me. The patriarchy is slipping

I grew up with my mother essentially being the decision maker in my family, the principal of the largest (Religious/Catholic) national school in my town, who earned more than my father (a secondary school teacher), and who managed to be both a mother and career woman at the same time.

Yup. The patriarchy was slipping quite a bit in the mid-80s for those who cared to take advantage of the opportunities available. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Had a listen to some interviews and I don't hear any trace of mid atlantic in her accent.

Is there not a lot of female voices on rte, tv3 and irish radio? This taken from today's guff in the examiner

A 'strong' woman with 'strong' opinions that she never debates. What a deluded psycho!

• Advertisement

Had a listen to some interviews and I don't hear any trace of mid atlantic in her accent.

Strong whiff of bullshít though

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I's rather unfair that he has been called out as being a rapist on this thread a few times now.

He is probably more of a rapist than Paddy Jackson who continues to be castigated (and sacked by his employers even)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

So.. she's ranting over Chris Brown but still hasn't addressed her gushing praise of 2pac?

Wonder where she stands on Lil Dicky then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Loud Feministsss socks? Ben dunne already

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'd say she's absolutely zero craic altogether, eagerly looking to take offense at anything.

What fella would be bothered with her. If she offered you the ride you would need a serious legal contract and a Go Pro on to capture every moment in case she accused you of sexual assault.

#keepoutofthatbox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'd say she's absolutely zero craic altogether, eagerly looking to take offense at anything.

In fairness, this thread is full of humourless lads eagerly looking to take offence at everything she writes.

What fella would be bothered with her.

There is somebody for everybody. I've lost count of the times I've considered someone so rude, ignorant, or simply ugly to find a partner, and many of them actually do. It's odd how that works.

I'm sure there are quite a few guys who would 'put up' with her attitude, and just go with the flow. TBH we have no idea what she's like in her personal life. She could easily be very different in the confines of a relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In fairness, this thread is full of humourless lads eagerly looking to take offence at everything she writes.

True... and you'll always be here for your fair maiden too, white knighting away!

Hardy. There are a few like you describe, but most of us don't complain much about her unless she comes out with something particularly offensive.

this thread is full of humourless lads

Exhibit A:
    Omackeral wrote: »
    True... and you'll always be here for your fair maiden too, white knighting away!

Hardy. There are a few like you describe, but most of us don't complain much about her unless she comes out with something particularly offensive.

More than a few. Some of them have even described her as "dangerous".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

What fella would be bothered with her. If she offered you the ride you would need a serious legal contract and a Go Pro on to capture every moment in case she accused you of sexual assault.

#keepoutofthatbox

I can think of one fella. :D

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

User Name Posts

LLMMLL 143
    freshpopcorn 107
    Will I Am Not 95
    Hapax Legomenon 94

Come on Ray, you're nearly in the medal positions. Louise herself will shout you out on her next twitter meltdown if you get on the podium!

Exhibit B:

User Name Posts

LLMMLL 143
    freshpopcorn 107
    Will I Am Not 95
    Hapax Legomenon 94

Come on Ray, you're nearly in the medal positions. Louise herself will shout you out on her next twitter meltdown if you get on the podium!

In fairness, most of my posts are gently (because I don't want any of the more sensitive flowers to get upset) mocking the thread and its more serious contributors.

In fairness, this thread is full of humourless lads

Ah we've come full circle.
    In fairness, most of my posts are gently (because I don't want any of the more sensitive flowers to get upset) mocking the thread and its more serious contributors.

• Advertisement

I can think of one fella. :D

Who? Me? You seem to spend way too much time thinking of me, Sweetemotion. Which is both flattering and unsettling in equal measure.

Who? Me?

Sure if the hat fits well then I supp.....

HANG ON BREAKING NEWS!!!! RAY TAKES THE BRONZE!!!!

User Name Posts

LLMMLL 143
    freshpopcorn 107
    Hapax Legomenon 96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually moved up a lot on the last in the last month or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

User Name Posts

LLMMLL 143
    freshpopcorn 107
    Hapax Legomenon 96

Where did you pull these numbers from?!

User Name Posts

LLMMLL 143
    freshpopcorn 107
    Hapax Legomenon 96

I'm not sure why the number of posts I've made in this thread matters to you.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Where did you pull these numbers from?!

Was just about to ask that myself but thought it might make me look stupid :pac:

I'm not sure why the number of posts I've made in this thread matters to you.

It makes you a serious contributor.

Was just about to ask that myself but thought it might make me look stupid :pac:

I'm afraid that horse b...

Never mind, too easy.
    It makes you a serious contributor.

A very serious contributor.

I'm afraid that horse b...

Never mind, too easy.

A very serious contributor.

At least that horse still has the same name.

• Advertisement

I actually moved up a lot on the last in the last month or so!

That's because you are woke bae

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement