Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons

Options
  • 12-11-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Is it true heatons are closing down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

linny wrote: »
    Is it true heatons are closing down

Sign in the window yesterday saying closing down

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not surprising given the other place opening up, they were never going to keep two places open

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Yes Heatons are leaving Kilkenny.

Hike in rental rates apparently.

Dealz have already agreed to take up the tenancy position in place of Heatons so Kilkenny will now have a Dealz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I wonder will Iceland take over the SuperValu at some point in the future. Wouldn't be surprised. Regarding Heaton's I thought they were going to have a combo unit with SportsDirect. Time has proven differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

dobbs2210 wrote: »

Dealz have already agreed to take up the tenancy position in place of Heatons so Kilkenny will now have a Dealz.

Surprising. Thought that shop was a bit of a gold mine. Seems they are orientating the business towards the Sports end. Good to hear about Dealz though.

• Advertisement

holyhead wrote: »
    I wonder will Iceland take over the SuperValu at some point in the future. Wouldn't be surprised. Regarding Heaton's I thought they were going to have a combo unit with SportsDirect. Time has proven differently.

Can't see it tbh. Super Valu will stand their ground there, it's doing reasonably well despite the best efforts of Musgraves post Superquinn.
    How to run a good business that many customers loved and cheapen it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm surprised that Heatons didn't combine everything in the one store like in Carlow. I really like the Carlow store since they renovated. Ye know what to do, come over the border to the Fairgreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

dobbs2210 wrote: »

I don't think they are leaving. Are they not one of the tenants in the Mart site when it gets built.
    I thought they were moving in with Sports Direct until then. I don't know for sure.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Heatons didn't combine everything in the one store like in Carlow. I really like the Carlow store since they renovated. Ye know what to do, come over the border to the Fairgreen!

That's a much bigger store I'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Considering Heatons is now 100% owned by Mike Ashley (Sports direct, USC, Agent Provocateur and others), you wouldn't know what the plans are for stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

In so many threads and posts Dealz seems to be seen as great thing for a town. It's just a higher priced pound shop. It gets tiring seeing so much tat on offer.

In so many threads and posts Dealz seems to be seen as great thing for a town. It's just a higher priced pound shop. It gets tiring seeing so much tat on offer.

Lots of people are on tight budgets these days, the likes of Dealz are doing a roaring trade for good reason; value.
    I guess it all comes down to choice, people can choose to shop there or not.

Advertisement