Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Shadow recommendations for Copperie Red Hair, pale skin ?

Options
  • 12-11-2017 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi my hair is dyed red, usually quite a 'copperie' sometimes almost natural red in appearance. I normally wear a metallic copperie eye-shadow. I wear it nearly every day. However a certain person repeatedly says that it's too close to my hair, that it makes my (brown-faintly green eyes) stand out more. She said it's difficult to wear metallics and that 'matte' might be better. I don't know if she has a point or not. She's over 60 and maybe, maybe a bit 'old school'.

Still would do me no harm to try something new ? Any suggestions would be welcome .

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

I'm sure whatever you're wearing now looks fab! But if you wanted to change things up you could try some light browns and experiment with a few different shades.

The Blank Canvas master palette is great and has loads of different brown shades. If you wanted to try out some cool tones to contrast your hair you could order one of the morphe palettes on Cult Beauty. They are very good and have large selection of colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think nude goes good with all hair colours

I like Maybelline's nudes palette

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I am pale, have hazel eyes used to have red hair. You can really wear any shade due to your eye colour but I found Browns, Greens and Golds always make the colour pop. Jaclyn Hill Morphe palettes has a great selection of these colours along with warmer shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

To be honest I think she shouldn't be saying anything to me about my eye shadow. It would do me no harm to learn a few more options. I wear this every day, for years, by default. However I wish she didn't say anything.

Advertisement