Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do B. Commerce if I'm bad at maths?

Options
  • 12-11-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm a good student- get H2s & upwards in most of my exams, probably in top 3 in most of my classes. Do HL everything, except maths. In maths I usually only get O3s or O4s.
    Really, I want to do Arts but I realise it's probably not practical & my parents want me to do this course. Is it an option for someone who struggles with maths?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm a good student- get H2s & upwards in most of my exams, probably in top 3 in most of my classes. Do HL everything, except maths. In maths I usually only get O3s or O4s.
    Really, I want to do Arts but I realise it's probably not practical & my parents want me to do this course. Is it an option for someone who struggles with maths?

Uhoh.
    It's not your parents will be doing the course.
    Please choose a course you have an interest in, otherwise you are likely to drop out.

There is a far wider range of courses available now than there was when your parents were at college. Have a look and find something that interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You'll cope with the maths, you won't cope with doing a course you're not interested in, as spurious said.

Recipe for disaster right there.

Advertisement