Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars clamped in LIDL (Ennis Road) carpark

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

My guess would be that it's not LIDL at all but the management company of the property who are issuing the clamps / warnings hence why they are ignoring those parked in handicapped spaces and targeting those who are not parked in designated parking spaces which would be in direct contravention of their public liability insurance or some such thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

adaminho wrote: »
    Not parking like an idiot is free!
    Never have. I was out with friends in a well known pub in south Dublin two Saturdays ago. There's a car park across the road where you have to pay till 6. When we came out around midnight all 7 cars in the car park were done. We phoned the cowboy and explained the signage issue. His attitude was too bad, you can pay the 'fine'. One of the lads had his grinder in the back of the van, so we all drove home about half an hour later. Left the clamps neatly lined up by the exit for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

kippy wrote: »
    Can't comment on this incident but any time I've seen a car clamped its been well justified.
    There are people out there and a few in this thread who think they are above normal rules and regulations. Talk of angle grinders and other such nonsense, is ridiculous.
    As a few people have said above. Clamping works. If you are daft enough not to follow the rules you'll get clamped, after a while you will learn to follow the rules.
    There would be no need for clampers if people behaved in a civil manner.
    I've no problem with the corpo clamps. They're covered by by-laws and are consistently and fairly enforced in a transparent fashion. I only have an issue with the opportunistic cowboy firms who act as their own appeal process and take no notice of their own stated policies.

There would be no need for grinders if private clampers behaved in a civil manner. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Comhra wrote:
    Agree with you but the point I was making, specific to my experience at LIDL was the selective way the clampers warned people. I was let off with a warning, for which I was thankful, but the 4-5 cars parked in the disabled parking bays weren't even ticketed, and I felt they were committing a bigger offence that I was. Also, if LIDL have restriction about where people can park, they should have a notice to this effect.

Are you certain that the cars parked in the disabled bays belonged to able bodied drivers? This type of illegal parking is pretty common in the city centre as well, particularly outside Tesco on Patrick Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

chicorytip wrote: »
    Are you certain that the cars parked in the disabled bays belonged to able bodied drivers? This type of illegal parking is pretty common in the city centre as well, particularly outside Tesco on Patrick Street.

I was in LIDL about 45 mins ago (properly parked by the way) and I saw three cars in the disabled bays and none of them had disabled driver stickers.

One of the drivers was getting out of her car and seemed to have possession of all her faculties. This is the norm there, and at most other stores as far as I can see.

LIDL have no signage over these bays reminding people not to abuse them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement