Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile

Options
  • 12-11-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am charged for using I messenger last month 68 times . Charge to a Uk number 00447786205094 without my knowledge
    I was with meteor up until eir mobile took over two months ago I never had Those chargers before . I have called eir and they can’t give definite reason for this there only solution is turning of iMessage & FaceTime. Even though they say they same as meteor and sold me the phone .
    It’s like buy a car but don’t use it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Chain saw wrote: »
    I am charged for using I messenger last month 68 times . Charge to a Uk number 00447786205094 without my knowledge
    I was with meteor up until eir mobile took over two months ago I never had Those chargers before . I have called eir and they can’t give definite reason for this there only solution is turning of iMessage & FaceTime. Even though they say they same as meteor and sold me the phone .
    It’s like buy a car but don’t use it
    Hi there,

Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name so I can check o this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Adam how do I know you not a fake
    This is my phone number
    I not comfortable giving my pin no
    If you are eir I would like to say they refunded me extra charge however I have no way of knowing if this will happens again
    Thanks patrick
    Chain saw - you should use the PM function and remove your Ph no from your post

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chain saw

kranbo wrote: »

Thanks Krambo
    Didn’t know what the pm function was stupid move on my behalf
    Thanks
    Chain saw

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Thanks Krambo
    Didn’t know what the pm function was stupid move on my behalf
    Thanks
    Chain saw
    No prob - to sent a PM just click on EIR-ADAM and use the private message function. Use the edit function on you original message to delete your mobile no

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

No prob - to sent a PM just click on EIR-ADAM and use the private message function. Use the edit function on you original message to delete your mobile no

What is the outcome of this issue with phantom texts appearing on bill,as I'm having the same problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭md23040

My brother in law has asked me to raise the same query. Noticed thankfully this thread so its not a once off issue.Eir are claiming the issue is with the iPhone and not Eir's responsibility. Previously after contacting customer service these extra unsolicited charges have been wiped but he has now been threatened with the service being cut if he does not pay these extra charges.

Since he's moved to Eir these charges have amounted to over €100 for UK iMessage unsolicited charges. This is an Eir issue. The phone was purchased from Eir as part of a standing order 18 month contract. Please can you assist as the service to date from telephone agents and from the shop has been disgraceful and have washed their hands of the problem.

lob020 wrote: »

What is the outcome of this issue with phantom texts appearing on bill,as I'm having the same
    problem
    have sent it to com reg and they are happy to deal with customer complaints

md23040 wrote: »

My brother in law has asked me to raise the same query. Noticed thankfully this thread so its not a once off issue.Eir are claiming the issue is with the iPhone and not Eir's responsibility. Previously after contacting customer service these extra unsolicited charges have been wiped but he has now been threatened with the service being cut if he does not pay these extra charges.

Since he's moved to Eir these charges have amounted to over €100 for UK iMessage unsolicited charges. This is an Eir issue. The phone was purchased from Eir as part of a standing order 18 month contract. Please can you assist as the service to date from telephone agents and from the shop has been disgraceful and have washed their hands of the problem.
    md23040 wrote: »

I have sent complaint to com reg and eir have to give proper answers in righting where the problem is coming from

Customer care manager even suggested it was something wrong with phone and send it back to apple other suggestions SIM card fault, or many something to do with Facebook app . Eir cannot tell me how to stop charges only turn off I message . Some customer care that is

Advertisement