Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

park car over night

• 13-11-2017 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭

Where in athlone is good to leave a car overnight. I would prefer not to pay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Off the top of my head I would imagine quite close to Kilmartin's Roundabout would be safe enough, I think the forecourt and McDonalds are still 24/7 so there would be people about and lights on.
    Other places I can think of are hotel carparks, but I know Sheraton and Radisson charge for parking.
    Otherwise the car parks at Woodies and Golden Island - I think they put down barriers overnight.

There's no guarantee that your car will be 100% safe in any other those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Does golden island not open 24hours (tesco) ?

Try over near the garda station, maybe some free spots after 7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Golden Island closes car park at night to avoid joyriding

Park at Radison, just produce your card at reception and theyll validate it. Dont say that your not staying over and they wont check. Central as you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tesco hasn't been 24 hours for a few years now. I think the section of car park beside and behind the cinema does stay open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I would imagine quite close to Kilmartin's Roundabout would be safe enough, I think the forecourt and McDonalds are still 24/7 so there would be people about and lights on.
    Other places I can think of are hotel carparks, but I know Sheraton and Radisson charge for parking.
    Otherwise the car parks at Woodies and Golden Island - I think they put down barriers overnight.

There's no guarantee that your car will be 100% safe in any other those places.

If you park in the b level of the town centre it is 3 euro for 24hrs

• Advertisement
Advertisement