Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 1x09 – "Into the Forest I Go" [** SPOILERS **]

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    8th january if i'm right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I think it's coming back in January.

Just in case there is any confusion

January, I hear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait. What's happening in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait. What's happening in January?

134 Spore Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

You guys just ganged up and smashed his heart to pieces :D

Just in case there is any confusion

January, I hear

Denofgeek says back 7th on cbs and netflix will probably the 8th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

yep jan

2018 yeah?

• Advertisement

2018 yeah?
    Nah 2255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I am glad that it is back so soon. I mean when I heard that the season was going to be shown in two parts my heart sank: I thought we might be waiting for about 6 months until "Season 1 - Part 2". This seems to be getting more and more popular given people's hunger/greed for new episodes.

However this break is not much longer than the usual break you get with American shows as they take a break for Thanksgiving and Christmas/whatever.

I'm happy enough with January....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Really. You do not like the Enterprise Mirror episodes. I think its an excellent episode and great fun to watch and the intro to it was brilliant as well. Its a classic but then I also like DS9 and its Mirror episodes. Just a pity that TNG never got any. How cool would an evil Picard and Data have been?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Really. You do not like the Enterprise Mirror episodes. I think its an excellent episode and great fun to watch and the intro to it was brilliant as well. Its a classic but then I also like DS9 and its Mirror episodes. Just a pity that TNG never got any. How cool would an evil Picard and Data have been?

Uhm.

Locutus of Borg and Lore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well I guess, yeah, Lore is basically evil Data. But sticking with the Mirror theme it probably would have been more likely that starfleet had an army of emotionless Datas who were under the captain's control.

"Evil Picard" probably would have been introduced as a cadet, who instead of getting stabbed in the heart by the Nausicaan, takes out a phaser and kills him in cold blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yesterday's Enterprise was good enough for me.

I think an evil Data would have been awful. Brent Spinner is an unbelievably hammy actor under normal circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Uhm.

Locutus of Borg and Lore?

Lore was not really evil he was just misguided, jealous and angry and Locutus was Picard being used by the Borg against his will. Its not like he was being evil and enjoying it like say the evil Kirk or Spock.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

spookwoman wrote: »
    Seriously hope the mirror universe is nothing like the one in enterprise and ds9, both were painful and cringe worthy to watch. Looked as if they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for material

I'd really have to disagree. The ENT episodes were among the most entertaining and the characters far more interesting than almost any other episode of the show IMO

I didn't like what they did with the DS9 episodes though, especially the "comedy Ferengi" entry that is The Emperor's New Cloak

They should have gone this way...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/337023.Dark_Mirror

But IDW have a comic series set in the same continuity and timeline as the DS9 episodes that redeems it a LOT:

https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-trek-tng-mirror-broken-1/

Several issues in and it's well worth a read! :)

Is it January yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Why what happens in January? ;)

OK, I'll stop; but for the time being, there is a trailer out there for Episode 10, but CBS has been nuking copies. Not sure why as it's scarcely very spoiler'y, only extending on the cliffhanger we left off at:

Advertisement