Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TFN processing time

Options
  • 13-11-2017 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I have just arrived in Oz and am going to apply for my TFN. It says it can take up to 28 days to process, but I'm just wondering if this is the norm or does it usually come through quicker? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I thin I got mine via email in less than 24 hours. Definitely less than 72 hours but that was nearly 7 years ago. I have never, ever received my TFN card they say they will post out to you. Once you get the number via email, thats all that matters to anybody.

Even without your TFN you can still work and get taxed at 48% I think. This will all come back to you once it comes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It said the same for me but I rang them up requesting a temporary one a couple of days later and they gave me the TFN over the phone. That was February.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Hi.
    Apologies for dragging up an old thread. I'll be travelling to Melbourne in February '18 on a WHV. Im just wondering when it comes to applying for a TFN, do I choose 'Resident' or 'Non-Resident'?
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

It depends on your situation. You can use this to try and figure it out https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Ind/Residency---working-holiday-or-visit/

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

punk_one82 wrote: »
    It depends on your situation. You can use this to try and figure it out https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Ind/Residency---working-holiday-or-visit/
    I intend on extending my visa to two years by doing regional work on my first visa

• Advertisement
Advertisement