Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH Engineer visit

Options
  • 13-11-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi Team,

We signed up for FTTH after a sales rep called a few weeks ago.  He gave me a date on Wednesday 15th November for the Engineer visit and connection, but I havent heard anything since.
    If the engineer is due to call then I need to take the day off work.

Can you let me know if this is happening on Wednesday 15th?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Team,

We signed up for FTTH after a sales rep called a few weeks ago.  He gave me a date on Wednesday 15th November for the Engineer visit and connection, but I havent heard anything since.
    If the engineer is due to call then I need to take the day off work.

Can you let me know if this is happening on Wednesday 15th?
    Hi whitelightrider,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

PM sent Adam

PM sent Adam
    Thanks, I've responded to your PM.

- Adam

Ive gotten back to you via IM Adam.  I have the filled in and signed order form as filled in by the rep, with his name and mobile number.  Ive heard nothing since he left, but was going on the installation date of the 15th, which is this Wednesday.  Online chat has been less than helpful, and the Sales girl I spoke to today was supposed to call me back at 2pm.  Still nothing.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?  I was supposed to be getting the Eir FTTH and a Closure Offer, but it looks as though nothing is happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Ive gotten back to you via IM Adam.  I have the filled in and signed order form as filled in by the rep, with his name and mobile number.  Ive heard nothing since he left, but was going on the installation date of the 15th, which is this Wednesday.  Online chat has been less than helpful, and the Sales girl I spoke to today was supposed to call me back at 2pm.  Still nothing.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?  I was supposed to be getting the Eir FTTH and a Closure Offer, but it looks as though nothing is happening
    I'm very sorry to hear this whitelightrider, 

Adam will investigate this and come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Tracey,

I sent Adam a PM earlier with updated information, but have heard nothing back since.

Hi all,

Can someone come back to me on this please?  I got a mail last night regarding an Eir account, with an account number, and also received a call from a courier this morning from Eir, but Ive no idea what its for!!!!

Hi all,

Can someone come back to me on this please?  I got a mail last night regarding an Eir account, with an account number, and also received a call from a courier this morning from Eir, but Ive no idea what its for!!!!
    Hi,

I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Ok guys this is beyond a joke at this stage.
    I called the team and was told that there is still no installation date, as nothing has shown up on the system yet for me.  This was signed up with a rep from Eir on the 27th October, yet it looks like the order was only created last night???????  And I get a call from a courier at 7.30am today to say he has a package from Eir.  I have no installation date yet, and no sign of one.

What the hell is going on Eir?  I keep getting passed around from pillar to post on this and I want an answer as to whats going on.  I have the signed information from the rep, who is not returning my calls, and I was supposed to be getting a call back 2 days ago from someone in Eir, that never came!!!!!

Ok guys this is beyond a joke at this stage.
    I called the team and was told that there is still no installation date, as nothing has shown up on the system yet for me.  This was signed up with a rep from Eir on the 27th October, yet it looks like the order was only created last night???????  And I get a call from a courier at 7.30am today to say he has a package from Eir.  I have no installation date yet, and no sign of one.

What the hell is going on Eir?  I keep getting passed around from pillar to post on this and I want an answer as to whats going on.  I have the signed information from the rep, who is not returning my calls, and I was supposed to be getting a call back 2 days ago from someone in Eir, that never came!!!!!
    I have responded to your PM. I am sorry that I was unable to do more for you here.

- Adam

• Advertisement

So, an update.  After numerous calls to every department in Eir, I managed to get through to a really nice girl called Erica.  She was amazing to deal with.  She was able to tell me that whatever twit put through my order managed to mess it up.  She ended up cancelling the order, and setting up a new one for me.  And she is contacting me today with a date for installation.

Im hoping Eir will cop on and actually provide some Customer Service.  I wonder will there be any "goodwill" or incentive shown by Eir for this mess up??

Advertisement