Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech battery replacement

Options
  • 13-11-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

We have a 'low battery' warning. Can anyone recommend and Aritech agent that could replace this? In South Dublin/North Wicklow.

Not sure which model alarm but 10 years old.

I think the last time we had this done is was a bit involved in that something had to be removed (circuit board?) to gain access to the battery.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any licenced installer would be able to look after this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

We have a 'low battery' warning. Can anyone recommend and Aritech agent that could replace this? In South Dublin/North Wicklow.

Not sure which model alarm but 10 years old.

I think the last time we had this done is was a bit involved in that something had to be removed (circuit board?) to gain access to the battery.

Id say you mean a Astec system, the battery is located at the rear of the PCB on this system.
    Have a look on the PSA website here for local installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Thanks folks.

Thanks folks.

You're welcome.

Just be wary of people telling you you need to upgrade the system as its obsolete. No need to do same if you just need a sensor changed or like you a battery replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

altor wrote: »
    You're welcome.

Just be wary of people telling you you need to upgrade the system as its obsolete. No need to do same if you just need a sensor changed or like you a battery replacement.

Interesting, I was told that batteries and sensors are OK to replace, but as Aztec is no longer supported (gone bust?) and that if something major does go that the whole system would require replacing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most parts can be Replaced on Astec. If the Panel or keypad are the problem its time to upgrade really. There are a few doing repairs on these parts but its really kicking the can down the road. What you will spend on ongoing repairs will cover the inevitable panel upgrade . Although remember there are systems out there that let you upgrade the panel while keeping your existing sensors/contacts.

Interesting, I was told that batteries and sensors are OK to replace, but as Aztec is no longer supported (gone bust?) and that if something major does go that the whole system would require replacing.

They are gone so replacing the control panel and other bits would be impossible. Sensors and batteries are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

I have aritech cs350 alarm and it is coming up with low battery, are these batteries easy to replace or do i need o get someone to replace it. Any ideas on how much someone wouls charge to replace a battery, any help with this would be great. Thanks.

These batteries are easy enough to replace .
    Something like this will do the job
    M2I5NzI2NzlkMWVlYzlhYzk3NmEwZTBlNTE4YWViMmaG4IMPkeRod_dZxrm3oTUoaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNDIxYjgyMmJiYjk4NTgyZDEyYzVkNTEwY2IwNjBlMWU4NDRiNzg2MDE1NjY5ZTcyNDcyZjU3YjgwZDhlODJjNi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Call out and labour charges vary a lot from company to company .
    Average cost for this could be anywhere between €80- €160

Ok, opened panel and alarm went off, put in code and alarm stopped, changed out battery and all looked good. Replaced cover and checked panel for low batter all looked ood so far, tried to set alarm and comes up with open zone bell tamper. Opened cover again and alarms gos off again,enter code and alarm stopped. Checked tamper spring and all looks ok. Put panel on and tried to set alarm but got same open zone bell tamper, any ideas what could be going on? Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Check you did not disturb any connections on the main board.
    In particular check Bell + Bell - BHO & TR.

Was very careful, checked connections and all look ok, only get fault when i go to set alarm.

A 4k7 resistor across 16 and 17 will clear it for you.

Advertisement