Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping DVD with subtitle file (Vimeo)

Options
  • 13-11-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

I hope there is someone her that can help me as it is driving me ballubas.

I have a set of DVD's and you can choose to turn the subtitles on or off. I now want to upload these videos to Vimeo with the option of turning subtitles on/off.

I have the files ripped on my hard drive however the subtitle file seems to be hidden in a .vob file and Vimeo only supports SRT, WebVTT, DFXP/TTML, SCC, and SAMI files.

I have been using Handbrake as the converting software but can't find a way (with any other software) to convert the .vob files to subtitle files that are supported by Vimeo.

I work on a Mac but if needs be I can do it all on a PC, in case software only exists for this. If it means ripping the DVD's again in a different (paid) software, that is fine. I just need it to work.

Thanks so much

Comments

Advertisement