Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up connection when moving into new apartment

Options
  • 13-11-2017 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I bought an apartment in Ashtown and I am wondering what I have to do to make sure we have electricity for when we move in? I am a first time buyer! Thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting in touch and congratulations on buying the apartment! :)

The first step to ensure that electricity will be on when you are ready to move in is to register the supply in your name from the date you became responsible for the property.

To do so, we recommend contacting our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 30 50 90. You will need the MPRN (meter point reference number) of the property and an up-to-date meter reading. 

If you are looking to set up payments by direct debit, our colleagues will also need your bank details. 

You can read our FAQ section on Moving into a new home here

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 10 discosunbeams

Hi Anna,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. Would we have no electricity at all when we move in? The vendor is moving out on the Friday and we are moving in on the Monday... short turnaround. Thank you again.

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for your response.

The supply is usually not disconnected when one occupant moves out - normally the supply stays on and the new occupant just contacts their chosen electricity supplier and register an account in their own name. 

Is the electricity on in the property at the moment? 

Thanks, 
    Anna

Advertisement