Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Fishing In Private Lakes Ireland.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Auldloon I dunno would you agree but I think rainbows do fight harder but their fight is not as long as a wild fish. You get a great battle initially but they subside faster That's what I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

SeaFields wrote: »
    Auldloon I dunno would you agree but I think rainbows do fight harder but their fight is not as long as a wild fish. You get a great battle initially but they subside faster That's what I find.

I’d find it hard to comment on the length of the fight tbh as my brown trout fishing nowadays is nearly always flowing water where the bow Fishing is stillwaters. I’d be using lighter tippet on the rivers 2 so would be gentler on the brownies not to mention that they’ve got the flow of water to use to their advantage. I suppose I should add that I’m based in the uk and the rainbow trout fishing is first class, I avoid the pellet pig places of which there are plenty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fishermantolka

Five to cover all of Ireland ? That would be a quest for yourself.. Every region or water differs..

Advertisement