Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H and m boys sizing

Options
  • 13-11-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Looking at ordering tracksuit bottoms for my older son. He wears age 5 in next bottoms or 4-5 in m and s. Should I order 4-5 years in h and m?
    Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've found that the H&M sizing runs a bit tall, so you should be grand with the 4-5 if he's that size in Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Oh gosh toots they arrived today....I would say they will fit him......just about!! They were only €4ish so no biggy!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh nuts, are they short? I've ordered a few bits for my little guy and it's due to be delivered next week.... I hope they haven't changed their sizing :(

Yes toots. Measured them against an age 4 next bottoms they are same size!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Surprised at that! Need to move out of the baby sizes for the first time and grab a few pairs in 98cm/2-3 size, hoping they aren't on the short side too...

• Advertisement

These 4-5 years bottoms say 110cm on them.
    They are the “conscious” ones. They are €8.99 full price.
    Note to myself buy 5-6 years :) aside from that they look like a nice fit...not really skinny.
    He wants to wear them tomorrow anyway :)

Oh damn and blast! I wonder will the ones I ordered for my little dude be too small now. I always liked how H&M ran tall because usually they're the kinda slim leg, so you'd get away with a bigger size and they last longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Similar here, with a tall, skinny kid they were an ideal fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I find H&M cut quite small. My boy always needed at least one size bigger, most of the time even 2. He's pretty tall and muscular, looks more like a 9yo than 7.

Lirw my guy is tall too. I have to say the h and m bottoms are much thinner than the next ones I buy. Wouldn’t pay full price for h and m ones tbh. The next ones are lovely and warm but come in limited colours :(

• Advertisement

I found those conscious ones to be very thin also. My little guy is constantly down on the floor building lego or trains etc and he had the knees out of them in a matter of weeks. They're lovely and soft, but now I just buy the regular ones, they're much thicker and wear very well.

Advertisement