If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Yamaha so my questions are :

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi George,

I'm not sure what your option 1 was meant to be ( at the moment it's the same as your option 4??) but if it was me and I had space I would opt for the Yamaha YHT1840 as its an excellent system for a really reasonable price and its designed as a compact and cohesive system so it would fit your bill in a smaller room but still sounds excellent.

If space really was at a premium then the Yamaha YAS207 is an excellent option and has receiver superb reviews:
    https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/yas-207/review

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

John,what’s the yas207 sound bar like for playing music? Would it be reasonably deep stereo?

There seems to be precious little reviews of the yht 1840 kit
    I found some on the India amazon site that were very positive,it must be very new,there isn’t even a YouTube unboxing or test video?
    I’m loving the thoughts of the 17 dsp modes on it

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John,what’s the yas207 sound bar like for playing music? Would it be reasonably deep stereo?

There seems to be precious little reviews of the  yht 1840 kit
    I found some on the India amazon site that were very positive,it must be very new,there isn’t even a YouTube unboxing or test video?
    I’m loving the thoughts of the 17 dsp modes on it
    Hi George,

The YAS207 is good for music however it wouldn't compare to an amp with separate speakers. You can get a wider soundstage with speaker placement that you can't get from a sound bar. We've literally only got the 1840 in in the last few weeks and we haven't even had a chance to unbox it ourselves but judging on the old 1810 it should be a great system!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Cool Running with the YHT 1840
    I’ll give ye a call

Cool Running with the YHT 1840
    I’ll give ye a call
    Cheers George Sunsnow.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM I can give you a call.

• Advertisement

Pm sent
    I also rang and sorted everything with George on the phone who said he’d speak to you

Pm sent
    I also rang and sorted everything with George on the phone who said he’d speak to you
    Cheers George Sunsnow.

Your order will be shipping out today :)

Arrived yesterday
    Super system
    Love the dsp programmes,music enveloping the small room as wanted,ocean waves rolling across and the starship enterprise roaring into warp over my head,every bit as good as the Denon avrx3000 does,what more could you want?
    Highly recommend and a great price :)

Arrived yesterday
    Super system
    Love the dsp programmes,music enveloping the small room as wanted,ocean waves rolling across and the starship enterprise roaring into warp over my head,every bit as good as the Denon avrx3000 does,what more could you want?
    Highly recommend and a great price :)
    Excellent News George Sunsnow :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.