Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walking Dead Kills (Spoilers)

• 13-11-2017 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭

Herschel's death was a big shock for me. I wasn't expecting it at all. He was a character that I didn't like at first but he really grew on me and was a big loss for the group.

I'd personally rather they hadn't killed off Shane but the tension between him and Rick and the build up to his death was very good. Following his death on the hill, it was confirmed when he turned that everyone has the virus, bite or no bite and then the large herd of walkers approaching and attacking the farm made for a great episode.

For zombie kills, my favourite was zombie Hannah. Even though he doesn't know her and she's a zombie, Rick seems saddened when he kills her. She's not a threat to him either and he apologises before he shoots her. Its just more humane than the zombie kills we usually see on the show. Her backstory is revealed in one of the webisodes too.

Other than the slow death of the show itself, :/ what are your favourite standout kills?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Lorelli! wrote: »

Other than the slow death of the show itself, :/ what are your favourite standout kills?

I post this nearly every time, but it's one of my favorite scenes/deaths from the series so far...the barn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I post this nearly every time, but it's one of my favorite scenes/deaths from the series so far...the barn!

Ye, the sofia/barn storyline was one of the best. They'd been out looking for her all that time and she was right beside them in the barn :(

I can't remember but did Hershel and his family/friends know that they had Sofia and let the others go looking for her anyway or did they think she was just a random walker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,327 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Beth's death scene:

Not more the Beth character but rather Daryl and Maggie's reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah that one was dramatic alright. All these red shirts dying kind of blunts the show. Like, are we supposed to care about Aaron's boyfriend croaking? The character has had like 5 lines total.

And bloody hell look at the actress playing Tara in that death scene compared to now. What was that....over three years ago? She hasnt been able to shift that baby weight at all.

The well zombie was disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The one that sticks out for me is when Carol brought Lizzie out into the field and shot her in the back of the head.

"Look at the flowers Lizzie"

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The one that sticks out for me is when Carol brought Lizzie out into the field and shot her in the back of the head.

Ye there's been quite a few shocking kills that involved children. Sofia, Lizzie, The Governors zombie daughter, Tara's niece and the mud zombies and the blonde zombie kid who i think was the first one Rick killed.

Lizzies death was particularly bad because she wasn't bitten or a zombie but killed because she was a threat to the other people.

Just thinking of that, I don't think I've seen a baby zombie in the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lizzies death was particularly bad because she wasn't bitten or a zombie but killed because she was a threat to the other people.

Yet Rick and co didn't kill Negan when they easily could have. This show is so stupid now.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yet Rick and co didn't kill Negan when they easily could have. This show is so stupid now.

Yea it didn't make sense and realistically I don't think Negan would have risked going out to do his little speech like that anyway. He'd have sent one of his plebs out.

In fairness I don't think Rick and the rest would have agreed to kill Lizzie. Carol made that decision by herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Yea it didn't make sense and realistically I don't think Negan would have risked going out to do his little speech like that anyway. He'd have sent one of his plebs out.

In fairness I don't think Rick and the rest would have agreed to kill Lizzie. Carol made that decision by herself.

I agree - and I think it still haunts her. BUT, were the same thing (Lizzie's mental breakdown) to happen now, I think the group would be much more pragmatic than they would have been in S4, and the very reluctant decision would be the same. She would be too dangerous to have around the others. Were she in Alexandria, I think it would be done as humanely as possible, perhaps with her being sedated somehow and 'put down' while unconscious by whoever she was closest to. (They would not have been able to obtain enough suitable medication long-term to manage her condition, as well as having no psychiatric help available to her). It would also be a big, big turning point for the group. I mean, how do you come back from that, as a society? They could possibly make it look like she took her own life somehow, if the wider group didn't witness her breakdown, but still - wow.

I wonder will Carol ever tell anyone about what happened that day?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just thinking of that, I don't think I've seen a baby zombie in the show?

Oh and I don't want to:eek:

It be probably like the infant from Trainspotting.

Anyways some of those clips in this thread has just reminded me of how good the show used to be but unfortunately its gone to the dogs the past couple of seasons.

Oh and I don't want to:eek:

It be probably like the infant from Trainspotting.

Anyways some of those clips in this thread has just reminded me of how good the show used to be but unfortunately its gone to the dogs the past couple of seasons.

Ye it has become a little far fetched whereas before they got into crazy impossible scenarios but they were believable.

This one is not the best kill but I always remember the guy in the tank and you were thinking "how is he going to get out of this?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

5: Philip Blake on the conspiratorial Andrea and Milton

Executes sentence of capital punishment on the traitor Andrea by using another traitor Milton as a biter bomb LOL

4:Philip Blake on the deserting cowards mob

Carries out field execution on the deserters from the second battle of the prison

so unexpected!

3:Phillip Blake snips the bandit Alex

Blake takes out one of rick o'crazys bandits gang with a sneaky sniper shot initiating the first prison battle.

On the downside we never got to hear Alex story he was yarning.

2:Brian Heriot on grandpa bandit

Heriot publicly executes the grandpa bandit Hershel by beheading with a sword after

their so-called leader refuses to leave prison starts the third prison battle

Harsh times Harsh measures, The grandpa bandit was believed to be the spiritual leader of the rick o crazy bandits

1:Brian Heriot on Martinez

Justice caught up with the deserter Martinez after Heriot hits him with a golf club and drags him to biter pit and throws him in

alive. The law is the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That was a really fantastic episode. When you look at the crap they're putting out for the last 2 seasons it makes you despair.

Otis' death. Shane was getting increasingly erratic especially with Lori and although we've seen worse since then, Otis' death was a turning point in Shane's character when he sacrificed him to save himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Some great scenes on this thread. Otis and Lizzie were real shock moments. Makes the cuurent state of the show more apparent.

Rick became almost animalistic and snapped in desperation when Carl was nearly raped and he kills Joe zombie style by biting his neck..

Advertisement