Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for new wireless alarm install.

Options
  • 13-11-2017 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hello.

I recently moved house and need a complete new alarm system installed. I have received a quote for a wireless HKC system with shock and contact sensors on all accessible windows and doors. However we were quoted €100 a year for the HKC self-monitoring which I think is a bit too much.
    From my research here Siemens or GSD may be more suitable and cheaper. Am I correct though that the Siemens system doesn't work natively with wireless sensors so GSD looks like the best option?
    I would be grateful if anyone could recommend a GSD installer for me by pm if that's OK? I'm based in North Dublin city. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    You are doing the right research.
    Yes at the moment Siemens/Vanderbilt do not have wireless shocks on their own portfolio.
    GSD work directly with installers , so if you contact them they will put you in contact with licenced installers in their area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

derekbro wrote: »
    Hello.

I recently moved house and need a complete new alarm system installed. I have received a quote for a wireless HKC system with shock and contact sensors on all accessible windows and doors. However we were quoted €100 a year for the HKC self-monitoring which I think is a bit too much.
    From my research here Siemens or GSD may be more suitable and cheaper. Am I correct though that the Siemens system doesn't work natively with wireless sensors so GSD looks like the best option?
    I would be grateful if anyone could recommend a GSD installer for me by pm if that's OK? I'm based in North Dublin city. Thanks

They dont but you could use a quick bridge if you decided to install a Siemens system.

Advertisement