Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re upgrading wireless Eircom Phone Watch

Options
  • 13-11-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone recommend a company to upgrade an existing wireless Eircom Phone Watch system.Reading posts don't want to get tied into phone watch and looking for something that has a less expensive monthly monitoring charge .They want to charge €38 per month for a 3 year contract.
    Not sure if you can recommend on this site but any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most licenced companies would give you replacement/upgrading options. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Marie2016 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a company to upgrade an existing wireless Eircom Phone Watch system.Reading posts don't want to get tied into phone watch and looking for something that has a less expensive monthly monitoring charge .They want to charge €38 per month for a 3 year contract.
    Not sure if you can recommend on this site but any ideas would be appreciated.

Do you know what system you have installed?
    Some of the older systems sensors can be used upgrading their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marie2016

Thanks for the replies Koolkid and Altor.
    I am based in D14.
    Not sure what system it is .The main controlbox has two antennae on it and I have another Powerplex box.
    Glad I didn't automatically upgrade to Phone Watch after reading the comments on Boards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I am based in D14.
    Not sure what system it is .The main controlbox has two antennae on it and I have another Powerplex box.
    Glad I didn't automatically upgrade to Phone Watch after reading the comments on Boards !!

You're not the only one in that boat.

Its a Concord system by your description.
    Sensors on that system can be added to newer systems if you did upgrade the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am based in D14.

Its a Concord system. You could upgrade this & keep your existing wireless devices using UTC Advisor.
    As always , shop around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement