Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets in the Denmark end in the Aviva - will we have any issue?

• 13-11-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Briefest of questions. My wife is half-Danish and her mum, being a Dane living in Ireland, was able to get tickets for the away end. Has anyone been in with the aways in the Aviva and, if so, how subdued do you reckon we’ll need to be (albeit my wife would like both teams to win, somehow, so she can’t really lose)? Are there likely to be many other Irish in there with us?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

I did this once, buy a scarf with both team colours on your way in and don't be too happy when we score, should be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

dont think Id be too concerned in the aviva against danes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably massively stereotyping here but the Danes seem like a friendly bunch who would be unlikely to have a mean / hooligan element so I would say you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

There were Swedes in with the Italian fans last night, the atmosphere was electric and both, at least from television pictures, seemed to be having a laugh and a joke together. I think most hooliganism at international matches is limited to a few select countries we all know about. Denmark does have hooligan firms as do most countries including Ireland. In particular FC Copenhagen and Brondby, but I've never heard of the Danish causing trouble at internationals. I'd like to think that if there are Danes in with the Irish support tonight that they will be treated with respect and I don't doubt it will be the same the other way around. Just obviously have a bit of cop on and don't be rubbing it in their faces if Ireland do win and I think it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Idbatterim wrote: »
    dont think Id be too concerned in the aviva against danes...

If it was in Clontarf it might be a different story.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I ended up in the away end for the Dutch game in 2001. Told myself to just try be a bit reserved and was doing a good job for 68 minutes and then McAteer scored :D

There were 6 of us in total and we totally lost it at that point. In fairness the Dutch were cool about it and congratulated us at the end of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It's a lottery for you OP, you might get refused entry and you also run the risk of getting abused or worse by some of the opposition fans. You are going to be in with their most dedicated and passionate fans, you have to remember.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Probably massively stereotyping here but the Danes seem like a friendly bunch who would be unlikely to have a mean / hooligan element so I would say you should be fine

FC Copenhagen have an active firm. Plenty of articles and videos of them causing trouble over the last few months available on youtube and via google. 44 of them were arrested a month or so ago.
    FCIM wrote: »
    Denmark does have hooligan firms as do most countries including Ireland. In particular FC Copenhagen and Brondby, but I've never heard of the Danish causing trouble at internationals.

What firms are there in Ireland? Most of the games I've seen have more people on the pitch than in the stands.

Berserker wrote: »
    It's a lottery for you OP, you might get refused entry and you also run the risk of getting abused or worse by some of the opposition fans. You are going to be in with their most dedicated and passionate fans, you have to remember.

FC Copenhagen have an active firm. Plenty of articles and videos of them causing trouble over the last few months available on youtube and via google. 44 of them were arrested a month or so ago.

What firms are there in Ireland? Most of the games I've seen have more people on the pitch than in the stands.

Maybe they don't organise themselves as such but Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians has a track record of fan problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

FCIM wrote: »
    Maybe they don't organise themselves as such but Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians has a track record of fan problems.
    Berserker wrote: »

Hahahaha 15/16 year old kids are not hooligans! The only issue is the Gardai dont kick the **** out of them so they wont do it again so they keep coming back.
    They wont be at a Rovers V Bray game the following week and will be causing trouble elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

wear a red hat. sorted.

• Advertisement

How did you get on in the end?

I imagine it was quite the party atmosphere for most of the night but was there any hassle after Ireland scored?

It looked on the TV as though there was at least one man, I think there were more dotted around, with an Ireland shirt on under a coat in the Denmark end.

Advertisement