Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Atlantic Way Sportif 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

That site is a proper pain in the hole on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Missed out on this in 2017, signed up for a couple of stages in 2018.
    Looking forward to it

https://wildatlanticwaycyclesportif.ie/

€75 per stage this time as compared to €45 per stage last year. It was to be expected that prices would rise as we got a complete bargain on the first run with sit-down meal and bus transfer back to the start of the stage along with jersey, snacks etc.
    Do you still get a jersey this year?

I did the Clifden stage last time and may sign up for a couple of stages this time - perhaps Clifden to Westport to Belmullet. It was very enjoyable last September.

Pity about the price increase alright, a jersey and a rain jacket are included in the price,
    was all set to do a couple of stages this year, but work got in the way, so have booked it early for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

DeepBlue wrote: »
    €75 per stage this time as compared to €45 per stage last year. It was to be expected that prices would rise as we got a complete bargain on the first run with sit-down meal and bus transfer back to the start of the stage along with jersey, snacks etc.
    Do you still get a jersey this year?

I still think €75 is a bargain - I'll probably sign up for a stage or two.

Day Stages - €75 per stage

The official 2018 'Wild Atlantic Way Cycle Sportif' cycling jersey and shower jacket
    Lunch at the official Sportif lunch stop
    All roadside refreshments including water, fruit and energy bars
    Return transfer for you and your bike, including a goody bag snack pack
    Kit bag transfer to the stage finish
    1 full day stage along the Wild Atlantic Way to include;
    Roadside assistance vehicle
    Experience motorbike marshalling
    Bike Mechanic
    Massage service available pre and post stages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Am i reading it right? To register for a block seems to cost €100. I am interested in the 2 stages donegal-gweedore and gweedore-dunfanaghy, if i sign up for them individually it will cost 150, but if I sign up for the block of 4 it will only be 100?

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Am i reading it right? To register for a block seems to cost €100. I am interested in the 2 stages donegal-gweedore and gweedore-dunfanaghy, if i sign up for them individually it will cost 150, but if I sign up for the block of 4 it will only be 100?

A block of 4 stages (5 nights accommodation) is €695:00.

If you sign up for 2 days in a row it's €75 per stage, €150 in total.
    I'd presume you'd have to book your accomodation for the one night yourself.

https://wildatlanticwaycyclesportif.ie/2018-sportif-route/2018-blocks/

2 weeks from Friday, let's hope the weather improves.
    Many other people signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭plodder

Just did the first two stages of this with a group of friends. Amazing experience and incredible value for money. I think the numbers were down a bit due to the bad winter weather, but I really hope the event succeeds going forward as it's really an ideal use of the infrastructure (signage etc). There's a small number of visitors/tourists doing the whole thing and I'd say they'd really appreciate it if more "locals" took part in individual stages like we did. As I said, it's incredible value for money, nice kit, marshaling, lunch, and transport back to the start of each stage @ €75

View from top of Sheep's head yesterday:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lxM-NHTsvEA_AzJHtcqfEvqYnG151z8mw/view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

plodder wrote: »
    I'd say they'd really appreciate it if more "locals" took part in individual stages like we did. As I said, it's incredible value for money, nice kit, marshaling, lunch, and transport back to the start of each stage @ €75
    ]

I can think of better things to do with 75 euro,

I can think of better things to do with 75 euro,

I can think of worse things :D

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    I can think of worse things :D

Super weather over the weekend, great food, and a very nice jersey and rain jacket.
    Numbers small, partly down to the terrible weather earlier in the year.

Will do another stage or two in the Autumn,

Super weather over the weekend, great food, and a very nice jersey and rain jacket.
    Numbers small, partly down to the terrible weather earlier in the year.

Will do another stage or two in the Autumn,

I was thinking of doing a stage or two but the bad weather limited the amount of cycling I got done early in the year (and laziness!!).

Very jealous seeing the pictures and videos of the cycle at the weekend.

marvin80 wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing a stage or two but the bad weather limited the amount of cycling I got done early in the year (and laziness!!).

Very jealous seeing the pictures and videos of the cycle at the weekend.

One thing, which isn't very clear on the website, is that there are several "shortcuts" on the route, which can take a fair bit off the stage, if you think the stage is too long, or are tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Saw them leave Ennistymon this morning, didn't count but group size looked in the 20-30 region. There was decent support with them, one car and one motor bike marshall at the back end anyway.

For those on Facebook it could be worthwhile checking out their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CycleSportif/ for Friday competitions.
    There's been a couple of good competitions with free stage entry and bike hire over the last couple of weeks.

It appears the September Sportif has been cancelled.
    https://twitter.com/CycleSportif/status/1034459150590324737?s=20

Advertisement